Operation Snowfox - Persian Gulf PvE Playground - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-17-2019, 01:04 PM   #21
NightstalkerNOR

Hey Surrexen.

I am really enjoying your mission. I love the dynamics of it, and the variety of mission types. Good job!

I was wondering; I find it very difficult to succeed with a mission in SP, depending on the target area, the amount of AA/enemy aircraft, and the way friendly aircraft behave.

-I've noticed that the spawned CAP are rather passive. I'm struggling to get support from them, atleast outside of a mission target area. They seem to not be "online" until reaching the target area. This is also a "problem" if the mission is a success and a new one is spawned. It takes a long time until new CAP is ready, and they refuse to engage enemy aircraft on their way home.

-I'm experiencing som difficulty in regards to the effectiveness of the SEAD aircraft. In some heavier defended areas (Quesm island and Havardaya), it's very difficult to penetrate and complete the mission.

-Would it be possible to select primary missions, deselecting the automatically spawned one if the target area is too challenging for singleplayers?

-Would it be possible to spawn more units of the desired spawnable friendlies, depending on the current mission difficulty? (Say 4 SEAD, instead of 2 in AA intense area, 4 CAP instead of 2 where there is a lot of enemy aircraft present, and so on)

-Would it also be possible to "kill" spawned friendly units, making them available for new missions?

Again. I'm enjoying your mission very much. It's a great addition to the simulator. Keep up the good work!
NightstalkerNOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 03:07 PM   #22
Surrexen

Do you mean the auto-spawned CAP planes around Khasab or the CAP flights from the radio call in? They operate very differently. The CAP planes from radio call in will search and engage in the zone that you are sending them into once the push command gets sent. They will defend themselves along the way. The auto-spawned F-16's only protect a small zone around the Khasab airbase and use Moose AI A2A dispatcher.

Air defences will attempt to shoot down incoming air to surface missiles. Because of this, it may take a couple of attempts to break into the Havadarya/Bandar Abbas areas. If you are having trouble with that zone, I recommend calling in absolutely everything into that zone at the same time, plus flying in it yourself as a distraction. With the addition of the anti-shipping planes, you should be able to break down most of the defences in one or two waves.

With my not so great coding skills i'm having some trouble working out the best way to get the planes to immediately RTB on a radio call. As soon as I work that out I will add it.

Meanwhile, I've decided not to go down the Moose Airboss path. I'm just going to wait for the Supercarrier module. During the week I will hopefully find a solution to my RTB problems ... I don't want to just 'delete' them out of the air mid-mission.

I could add in a 'skip mission' function if you think that would be helpful.

I am very happy you are enjoying it!
Surrexen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 03:26 PM   #23
NightstalkerNOR

Thanks for your quick reply.

Regarding the CAP aircraft, I am referring to the player spawned CAP planes. What you are describing is what I experience:
The issue with this behaviour presents itself especially in the easternmost target area. The approach to this location is basically the same for both friendly and enemy aircraft, mainly from the west, northwest/north, meaning I've seen both sides basically "following" eachother in to the target area before engaging. Say theres' already a couple of A10s engaging targets, and I've sent in two CAPs for protection but they are further behind, they will not engage enemy threats, even though they are able to, and "should" do so to protect the A10s. The result is that the A10s will get shot down before the CAP engages the enemy considering they are not inside the target area, and has not gone active. Basically; Is there a way to make the CAP go active earlier, especially in the more isolated parts of the Gulf?

Great tip on the Havadarya/Bandar Abbas area. A "Skip mission" function would be useful also if theres been a repeat of the same mission after several restarts.

Thanks again for a great mission!
Old 08-17-2019, 09:20 PM   #24
NightstalkerNOR

Also: Have you made any restriction to F18 picking up radar sites in the SA page?
Old 08-18-2019, 12:31 AM   #25
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightstalkerNOR View Post
Also: Have you made any restriction to F18 picking up radar sites in the SA page?
The EWR radars are set to immortal/invisible so they don't get destroyed (which would break the way that the AI A2A Dispatcher works). That is only for EWR radars, SAM sites are all standard stuff, like being on alert and weapons free, and they are set to engage air weapons if they can.

I will take a look at whether I can extend the CAP engagement zones without completely breaking things.
Old 08-18-2019, 09:41 AM   #26
Thomas Loeffelmann

Default Human Aircraft exploding on KASAB

Twitch Video
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/468840312?t=00h06m37s

Youtube Video
https://youtu.be/tkIACt6kbLA?t=399

All of use VSAAF and outer exploded on KASAB.
The mission time is on this video 10:33:38

Regards
Tango Lima/Scorpion

Last edited by Thomas Loeffelmann; 08-18-2019 at 09:53 AM.
Thomas Loeffelmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 10:44 AM   #27
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Loeffelmann View Post
Twitch Video
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/468840312?t=00h06m37s

Youtube Video
https://youtu.be/tkIACt6kbLA?t=399

All of use VSAAF and outer exploded on KASAB.
The mission time is on this video 10:33:38

Regards
Tango Lima/Scorpion
Sorry brother, I can't replicate this. I flew a bunch of take offs and landings at Khasab and also taking off from Ras and landing at Khasab and this doesn't happen for me.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:03 AM   #28
Thomas Loeffelmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrexen View Post
Sorry brother, I can't replicate this. I flew a bunch of take offs and landings at Khasab and also taking off from Ras and landing at Khasab and this doesn't happen for me.

Then join VSAAF Server IP 164.68.103.104:10308 and you can see it
Thomas Loeffelmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 11:32 AM   #29
Surrexen

New version is up:

Changelog v104
- AI Support Flights can now be told to abort their missions and return to base via the radio menu under 'Abort Directives'
- Khasab F-16 Defenders will now be silent on radio so we don't get spammed with 'pushing from waypoint 0' etc.