DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - Page 60 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-21-2016, 11:10 AM   #591
Redacuragsr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciribob View Post
Thanks I'll take a look! Just from the screenshot, I see you have an occulus rift, have you tried using that microphone instead and disabling the other one on the sound panel in windows (so its not even listed as an option to SRS)?

Sorry for the trouble
Yea i tried disabling the rift mic in the recording devices, also tried to use the rifts microphone as the source and disable the other mic, for some reason when I use the rift as a sound input it doesn't transmit at all for me, while working for team speak still. Also tried to just unplug the rift as well...but still same problem. When i speak, i can hear my self speak through after like a 1 second delay echo, while my wingman end up hearing me replay 2-3 times on their headset. Hope that helps, thanks a lot.

Last edited by Redacuragsr; 08-21-2016 at 11:20 AM.
Redacuragsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 02:33 PM   #592
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redacuragsr View Post
Yea i tried disabling the rift mic in the recording devices, also tried to use the rifts microphone as the source and disable the other mic, for some reason when I use the rift as a sound input it doesn't transmit at all for me, while working for team speak still. Also tried to just unplug the rift as well...but still same problem. When i speak, i can hear my self speak through after like a 1 second delay echo, while my wingman end up hearing me replay 2-3 times on their headset. Hope that helps, thanks a lot.
That seems very strange. What happens if you try the Preview Audio button on the DCS-SRS Client with your Rift Mic selected. Do you hear ok then?

It also sounds like somewhere you've got "Listen to microphone" ticked which is usually under the sound panel in Windows somewhere. Do you have any other audio effects software that might conflict?

There is genuinely no code other than the preview audio button that will send your audio from the mic, back to your speakers so this is very puzzling...

Update
In other news - Does this sound ok for Mic click on and off and the encryption audio?

Not got the Radio effects for Receiving in yet.

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Last edited by Ciribob; 08-21-2016 at 02:38 PM.
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 03:18 PM   #593
Coug4r

Sounds pretty cool!
Old 08-21-2016, 03:24 PM   #594
RglsPhoto
ED Translator

Hi Ciribo

Will SRS be inoperative if the a/c radio device malfunctioned, e.g. battle damage or random failure
Old 08-21-2016, 03:28 PM   #595
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug4r View Post
Sounds pretty cool!
Great! I'll work on the RX sounds which are the tricky ones...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RglsPhoto View Post
Hi Ciribo

Will SRS be inoperative if the a/c radio device malfunctioned, e.g. battle damage or random failure
Already in for Non FC3 as DCS does it for me! The best one is a Huey. Turn on all 3 radios then fly at some soldiers, once they've hit your nose and belly you'll see that the radio frequencies are reading 0 on the overlay as they been damaged. Same for Random Failure

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Last edited by Ciribob; 08-21-2016 at 03:37 PM.
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 03:45 PM   #596
RglsPhoto
ED Translator

Quote:
Already in for Non FC3 as DCS does it for me! The best one is a Huey. Turn on all 3 radios then fly at some soldiers, once they've hit your nose and belly you'll see that the radio frequencies are reading 0 on the overlay as they been damaged. Same for Random Failure
That's really cool!
Old 08-21-2016, 03:53 PM   #597
Kozmyk

Default ASIO4ALL

Ciribob
I don't know if this helps but I use VB Voicemeeter to manage my audio and when I moved to Win10 I had to install ASIO4ALL as there weren't suitable drivers for Voicemeeter in Win10.
Perhaps there could be something in ASIO4ALL that might help.
OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro
Kozmyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 04:04 PM   #598
Raistlen007

Quote:

In other news - Does this sound ok for Mic click on and off and the encryption audio?

The end transmission sound I think would get a little jarring after a while. Maybe it could be softened it up a tad?
Raistlen007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 04:04 PM   #599
Sierra99
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Quick Summary of Next Release - Likely next weekend:
  • Add KY-58 Encryption and Decryption Audio for all Encrypted Transmissions
  • Add end of transmission click (is there a proper name for this?)
Great news about the KY-58 audio. I've always heard the "end of transmission click" refered to as "Squelch Tail" since it's unchecked audio from the receiver making it way to the speakers before the squelch circuits activate to stop the noise. It's more of a white noise "pop" than a "click"....

Thanks for all your hard work Ciribob!
Sierra

Primary Computer
ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.
Sierra99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 04:10 PM   #600
Sierra99
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Great! I'll work on the RX sounds which are the tricky ones...

Ya know features like this are great... But a little confusing when testing in a live environment!

Last day of blue flag I was flying along in a Huey and got shot up. When I couldn't make contact with my wingman I assumed SRS had crapped out. It wasn't until we got on teamspeak I realized SR was fine...MY RADIOS WERE BOLOXED!

Well played sir...well played!

Sierra

Primary Computer
ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.
Sierra99 is online now   Reply With Quote