DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Update

Looking like I may have a home again and access to PC by Mid March now so hopefully development (and some DCS flying) will continue then.

Sounds serious, take care!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I've thought about it but for some the boost needs to be the other way, above 0 so i think that'll confuse people even more.

Wouldn't it be easier to just change the scale labels? (and adjust default to a lot lower). I get the feeling that a lot of people don't expect to ever need to go below 0% for a good volume. Until they tune in at the server en get a lot of angry pilots telling them to turn it to -25% or lower :D

Instead of -95 to 700. Make it (for the front-end) 0 - 795 (not sure if the 700 is fixed or hardware dependable?). And just make the default something like 100.

I just feel that the negative - positive scale is confusing a lot of less tech savyi pilots who feel it needs to be in the positives to work, while on most pc's it need to be (way) below 0..

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the receiving communications (RX) (Trasmission (TX) is ok with SimpleRadioStandalone: often I lose communications in the reception of all three radio A-10C, then resume operation and then repeat it.

I follow the troubleshooting, but I haven't solved.

Has Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Does your loss of reception happens mid-game, after already established and verified good comms earlier in the same game? Why I'm asking is, it happened to me quite some times with the latest (1.2.9.2 I guess?) version, before I realized, that even if you quit SRS with good comms all the way last time, next time I start up SRS client, on the Settings page - for reason unknown - "Output device" was changed from "Loudspeaker" to "S/PDAF output device" or what the heck that was, and you didn't hear anything, while others heard you OK, as Microphone input wasn't changed by itself. No biggie (if you know it!), just need to reset to "Loudspeaker" from the drop down menu to hear anything later in game, but it's by far not obvious unless you discovered it earlier. And you will probably change it back every time you fire up SRS. Let's hope Ciribob will sort things out first for himself soon, then will able to take care of our silly wishlist.

Another issue (sorry if mentioned already), that different radio sets on (obviously) different frequencies garble each other out in case of a simultaneous transmission. It only would be understandable for the same frequencies in real life, not on different radio sets, even if on the same headphone.

Hope I helped above...

Hi Ciribob.

A problem arised to one of my squad mates with Simple Radio.

Fresh install, as administrator and the program itself is working. Radios working, he can hear and transmit BUT:

If he has not the Radio Overlay in front of the screen the PTT is not working. He needs to push ALT+TAB, make click OVER the radio overlay and then the PTT is working but anytime he clicks on the DCS cockpit the PTT is not working again.

He can still hear us but the PTT is not working until he repeats the process, Alt+Tab, click on the overlay and then PTT. He has a Logitehc G940 and only one screen. He tried the Reset Overlay Option, Full Screen on DCS marked, and also the Autofocus on DCS option OFF-ON but nothing works.

Any workaround to fix this?

Thanks

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Hi Ciribob.

Fresh install, as administrator and the program itself is working. Radios working, he can hear and transmit BUT:

If he has not the Radio Overlay in front of the screen the PTT is not working. He needs to push ALT+TAB, make click OVER the radio overlay and then the PTT is working but anytime he clicks on the DCS cockpit the PTT is not working again.

He can still hear us but the PTT is not working until he repeats the process, Alt+Tab, click on the overlay and then PTT. He has a Logitehc G940 and only one screen. He tried the Reset Overlay Option, Full Screen on DCS marked, and also the Autofocus on DCS option OFF-ON but nothing works.

Thanks

Strange. If I press Toggle Radio Overlay button right after startup, the SRS radio consol remains "Always on top" for me. Not for your friend, as I understand?

Hi Ciribob.

Thanks

Does he run DCS in Admin Mode? That was a big issue with the new version of Teamspeak, I wasn't able to use PTT. Switched off "Run as admin" for DCS, problem solved. Maybe it helps with SRS as well?

Does he run DCS in Admin Mode? That was a big issue with the new version of Teamspeak, I wasn't able to use PTT. Switched off "Run as admin" for DCS, problem solved. Maybe it helps with SRS as well?

Strange as well. Never had this, despite running DCS as admin, and TeamSpeak is up to date...:huh:

Double check that your're running the radio as Admin

Why would it suddenly require admin rights? O_O It didn't require any few months ago...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Hi!

Had my first online test few days ago and was really impressed by the simple radio software :)

Only trouble I have is in the A-10 to use presets on the UHF radio. Everything seem to work using presets for the FM radio, I can program those then switch to preset and each preset gives the right frequency, but on the UHF, I try to save presets and when selecting them I don't have the correct frequencies !?

Is this a known bug? Thanks!

Likely you are trying to set preset with the UHF radio in manual mode. Unlike the VHF radios you need to have the mode selector in Preset before you can store any new presets.

• Like 1

You have an option for "additional controllers" or the like under settings, to accommodate more unusal USB devices. Try switching it on or off. Shot in the dark, but maybe it helps.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hi guys,

my question is, if anybody had ever tried to run the Simple-Standalone-Radio server on a Linux System, especially on Debian. I already tried to do so with serveral methods like 'wine' etc but none of them worked for me.

My intention is to run the Simple-Radio Server on my root server while we're playing DCS so that the players just need the IP of the Root server and dont always have to look up the changing IP of the client that is hosting SimpleRadio.

Would be nice if anybody would share his experiences with SimpleRadio on a Linux machine.

my question is, if anybody had ever tried to run the Simple-Standalone-Radio server on a Linux System, especially on Debian. I already tried to do so with serveral methods like 'wine' etc but none of them worked for me.

Great question! If you get it working, be sure to let us know, I'd be very interested in doing the same then (Debian as well). :thumbup:

Hi Im having trouble getting Simple Radio to work. I have followed the link and downloaded and extracted the files in the proper directories, however Im missing the overlay .exe file in the installed directory.

Is this normal? Is the overlay required for SR to work? If I tune to the correct frequency in my plane of choice, will I be able to hear the SR/GCI chat? One other thing, when I run SR I can see that my mic works (the blue bar moves) however I can't hear my own voice.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Hi Im having trouble getting Simple Radio to work. I have followed the link and downloaded and extracted the files in the proper files, however Im missing the overlay .exe file in the installed directory.

Is this normal? Is the overlay required for SR to work? If I tune to the correct frequency in my plane of choice, will I be able to hear the SR/GCI chat? One other thing, when I run SR I can see that my mic works (the blue bar moves) however I can't hear my own voice.

I'm not sure you need that. Unless I'm misunderstand something, I always launch the client from the installed directory (differing from the extract directory, installing will create another one), and after launching client, on the Settings page you'll have a button at the left bottom for Toggle overlay. Yes, you need it in game to follow functions like transmitting, frequencies and so on. Hope this helps.

I'm not sure you need that. Unless I'm misunderstand something, I always launch the client from the installed directory (differing from the extract directory, installing will create another one), and after launching client, on the Settings page you'll have a button at the left bottom for Toggle overlay. Yes, you need it in game to follow functions like transmitting, frequencies and so on. Hope this helps.

Then there is something definitevely wrong with my instalation. As I've bound the overlay key to one of my keyboard keys, but it doesnt bring it up...

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Also you need to run the preview audio in the general tab and choose the output device until you hear yourself.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4