DCS: P-47D-30 Discussion

Barrett_g

Here are a video where you can see some of the P47 that Take off from carrier to go on the Mariana Island. Some of them make some attack before landing on the island.

Even if it's a bubble top, it will be nice for Mariana map. Maybe later we will have the 1940's map and the Razorback :)

Actually, there is information on the Saipan Jugs. They were the 318th Fighter Group. They flew their razorbacks on fighter bombing missions, and also interceptions of Japanese planes flying from Iwo Jima.

Eventually the unit was given spanking new, long range, P-47N's. They were moved north to the newly captured island of Ie Shima. They flew missions to Japan from there.

No bubble canopied P-47D's operated from the Marianas. But they did begin to replace the old razorbacks near the end of the New Guinea campaign. And the also operated out of the Phillipines. As a matter of fact, a Mexican fighter squadron flew them with the 5th Air Force.

This is the closest I ever got to a P-47 in real life (while it's engine was running).

I had ky Canon XF100 on a tripod as it taxiied up to.me the day before the Camarillo Airshow in 2012. I was getting a little nervous as it got closer, but the Jug is such a beauty, I held my ground ;) (also got a P-40 and 51)

Glorious engines - Wings over Camarillo P-40, P-51 and P-47 shot on a Canon XF100

That prop is gigantic :)

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

what version of the p-47 flew in the pacific theatre?

Not sure, but I think it was an earlier version, at least somewhat. Not sure though.

When 318th FG was transported to Saipan to provide support for the rest of the Marianas campaign, they flew razorback -Ds, so our upcoming bubbletop doesn't fit that scenario. They later switched to -Ns.

As far as later campaigns are concerned, bubbletop -Ds flew over Philippines and Burma.

Thanks for the info!

That would be close enough for me to enjoy the 47 over a hypothetical WWII Guam...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't wait...

bZuJ5wm.jpg

both, Jug and map :thumbup:

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

When pre-order ?

ED stated in a newsletter that the pre-order would be available along with the Channel map and both products should be available in Q1. The pre-order I believe was planned for the end of January. I can't find the quote but I recall that.

So I wouldn't be surprised if we could pre-order today.

EDIT: "DCS: The Channel Map will be available for pre-order with a 30% discount in early February 2020."

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4168367&postcount=233

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

do you know, if the p-47 will have a gyro gunsight?

P-47D-cockpit-WIP-01.jpg

P-47D-cockpit-WIP-02.jpg

P-47D-cockpit-WIP-03.jpg

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Does anyone happen to know what mp settings we are likely going to be running with? I hear so many different settings used.

The only options are 64" MP or 70" MP no other options to choose from for the D-30.

My guess would be 64" MP but 70" is certainly possible if they model it as an 8th AAF P-47 since they used 70" during this time of the war.