Guard Frequency - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-14-2020, 04:35 AM   #21
Grodlund

Well I never asked for anything and I don't remember me expecting anyone to do anything for me either.
I just asked a question, and I think it's bad, that we are forced to talk over each other on AWACS in our squadron, when we have different flights n different channels.

As for the cheap shots at me about I should go play Ace combat and abandon DCS and shit, no idea why I deserved that. When did this community become so toxic?

I'll just set up a third channel on that magic toy software called SRS.
Yeah. I'm sure none of you elitists ever heard of it or used it. Good for you.

Have a nice day
Old 01-14-2020, 07:48 AM   #22
Shimmergloom667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grodlund View Post
We have, and we use it. But only with the appropriate amount of radios and channels, replicating what would be used in real life. Just like we don't want to touch guard frequency.

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | UH-1H
Shimmergloom667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:13 AM   #23
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grodlund View Post
Well I never asked for anything and I don't remember me expecting anyone to do anything for me either.
I just asked a question, and I think it's bad, that we are forced to talk over each other on AWACS in our squadron, when we have different flights n different channels.

As for the cheap shots at me about I should go play Ace combat and abandon DCS and shit, no idea why I deserved that. When did this community become so toxic?

Have a nice day
Absolutely, one of the reasons Ciribob put in the option... but you asked about "changing the guard frequency" and that is simply not an option.
Cheating with another SRS Radio even talking over TeamSpeak, Discord or the likes is an option.
Though "elitists" may frown on that, many people do it. DCS already has a lot of options to ease workload.
But Guard Frequency isn't "another radio" that's what this commotion is about.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote