DCS World 2.5.x Caucasus Terrain Textures

Friday update on first post, v1.11 up with all new revised rock textures and snowcaps for all seasons.

Hello, just wanted to express my apreciation for your work and the continued improvements that you make to it :)

I use it through OvGME for easy disabling before aplying DCS's periodic updates:

8uoXSfe.jpg

Thanks again and now will go to fly a while to try it out :D

Cheers

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

@ DflippinK - Let's stick to basics then. Just extract content of zipped archive to main game folder and you're done. You might want to read provided "install info" as well.

Don't forget, however, that Mustang's customized terrain.cfg.lua file will be overwritten by every game update, so you'll have to remember to apply it again (and that's the reason why mod enablers like JSGME and OvGME were invented, but that's a story for different thread).

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

@ DflippinK - Let's stick to basics then. Just extract content of zipped archive to main game folder and you're done. You might want to read provided "install info" as well.

Don't forget, however, that Mustang's customized terrain.cfg.lua file will be overwritten by every game update, so you'll have to remember to apply it again (and that's the reason why mod enablers like JSGME and OvGME were invented, but that's a story for different thread).

Thanks Art-J... I'll give it a shot.... but.. hesitant about correct folder path..?

Ryzen R7 1800x|EVGA FTW3 1080Ti|32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum@2666mhz|Samsung 750 EVO|LG 4k 50" Main Display|ASUS PB278Q Reference Display|

Thank you Corvus that's a great demo! :thumbup:

Agreed with some comments about blurrier definition down low compared with the stock but this is a compromise to eliminate texture repetition which I think is the worst thing, If the sim allowed greater resolution than 4096x4096 then more detail could be added and it wouldn't be as much of an issue.

wow...that was quick! Exactly what i was looking for, thx mate!

Glad you like it!

Thank you Corvus that's a great demo! :thumbup:

Agreed with some comments about blurrier definition down low compared with the stock but this is a compromise to eliminate texture repetition which I think is the worst thing, If the sim allowed greater resolution than 4096x4096 then more detail could be added and it wouldn't be as much of an issue.

No problem, thanks for another great mod :)

Repeated textures are the worst. Until you notice the pattern, everything is fine, but what "was seen can not be unseen" - when you see it, it will hurt your eyes.

You called? ;)

Thanks for the vid, mate :thumbup:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

'More' (not better) supposed variety ground definition in stock which gets all mush when at altitude. Orange saturation glow on stock doesn't help the mushiness either, on the contrary. Mustang makes for a clear color neutral landscape.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Had a question, found an answer

Edited by Magic Zach
Nevermind

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a question, found an answer

right one default? has the orange glow ..

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

right one default? has the orange glow ..
Left one is default. Mod has enhanced vivid colors, on the right. The only orange I see is to the window that's highlighted.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Mustang :)... Thanks a TON for this.

The trunk of the trees are causing an odd effect in VR. At the time I took this SS I was testing a number of frame rate killing settings so please disregard the FPS, but...

It seems that the tree trunks are a lightish brown and the trees of course are a nice tree green color :). In VR this makes this light brown color turn into something like a shimmering or sparkling particle effect throughout the forest as the trunk is revealed and occluded by the "branch" portion of the tree model. It can't really be shown in a screen shot but in motion it's pretty jarring.

attachment.php?attachmentid=190212&stc=1&d=1531956779

Screen_180713_012439.thumb.jpg.fc13c8d4ffd7c24560a619f0c5ac0726.jpg

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Nice work, Mustang!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Excellent. Have you started to poke around looking at the fields for future tuning? Just an interesting point made in a group I am flying with- there were sceptical of ground mods, since all had to use them, unless there would be trouble with jtac designation. Off course the noise adjustment does not affect that, but it might be worth thinking of when playing with fields, as in not replacing yellow fields with green fields and stuff like that. Just a thougt. Either way- great to see continuous improvement!:D

Your work is so nice Mustang... My favorite module is the shark and it's just so much nicer now :)

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Mustang,

Was flying the Free flight over Black Sea region -runway start and noticed that the ground was flickering in an area I marked in the picture. I forgot how to do a track but got a screen shot. It doesn't show it flickering obviously but you can see some of the distortion. It was 63 miles out of Mozdok on heading 060. Is this on you or do I need to post this to the bugs section. I am using your latest mod 1.12.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.b52d3fa5cb7a959ee302c4625a843057.jpg

Asus Prime 390A, Intel I7-8700k@4.8ghz, 32g ram, Nvidia EVGA GeForce RTX 2070, Track IR5, SSD(DCS dedicated), HDD for Win 10. TM Warthog 78051 Track IR5 Thrustmaster pedels

Mustang,

Was flying the Free flight over Black Sea region -runway start and noticed that the ground was flickering in an area I marked in the picture. I forgot how to do a track but got a screen shot. It doesn't show it flickering obviously but you can see some of the distortion. It was 63 miles out of Mozdok on heading 060. Is this on you or do I need to post this to the bugs section. I am using your latest mod 1.12.

See if the same bug happens without the mod (pretty sure it will) then report it.

:thumbup: yep was there. Reported

Edited by lahsoldier

Asus Prime 390A, Intel I7-8700k@4.8ghz, 32g ram, Nvidia EVGA GeForce RTX 2070, Track IR5, SSD(DCS dedicated), HDD for Win 10. TM Warthog 78051 Track IR5 Thrustmaster pedels

I think the trees were great in and of themselves... Is it possible to change the tree trunk texture? For my issue I think that would solve it completely...