R-27R (not ER) - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-27-2018, 07:51 AM   #1
pepin1234

Default R-27R (not ER)

I have tested this missile again Mirage and the new F-18. ohoh my god what a bad Performance have this missile R-27R short burn. The fight with the smaller R-27R is a waste of time. The over power of the Mirage missiles is huge yesterday been killed from head on with a Matra Super 530 shoot from less than 4 km in fear combat while my R-73 was a miss at the same distance, same moment.

Why so bad performance in DCS for the smaller R-27R missile while the manufacture show not that bad performance compared with the long burn ER. Also the Su-30/35 was combat ready taking off in Syria with the short R-27R missile in payload. See manufacturer:

http://eng.ktrv.ru/production_eng/323/503/527/
Old 07-27-2018, 01:21 PM   #2
FistofZen+
Posting Rights Suspended

There is bias in this simulator and you will have to live with it. Since the majority of DCS Pilots prefer western stuff (which is expected), everything western in DCS performs much better than anything russian, in order to satisfy the customers who expect one missile one kill combat. The Flagship of this bias is the F-15C, which is hard to kill like a cockroach. I have also heard the Matra 530D was buffed, you can guess why. RuAF is arming even their latest jets with R-27R/ER missiles, which means they can rely on them. That on the other hand doesn't prove anything in DCS.
Old 07-27-2018, 01:26 PM   #3
myHelljumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistofZen View Post
There is bias in this simulator and you will have to live with it. Since the majority of DCS Pilots prefer western stuff (which is expected), everything western in DCS performs much better than anything russian, in order to satisfy the customers who expect one missile one kill combat. The Flagship of this bias is the F-15C, which is hard to kill like a cockroach. I have also heard the Matra 530D was buffed, you can guess why. RuAF is arming even their latest jets with R-27R/ER missiles, which means they can rely on them. That on the other hand doesn't prove anything in DCS.
All the above based on what chart ? What data ?

Do you have anything to prove the bias for Western aircrafts ?

Do you know why and how the 530D was buffed ?

VEAF - Virtual European AirForce
http://www.veaf.org/fr/

Helljumper's Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3...UxPbWHvJJ3W2fA
myHelljumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 01:32 PM   #4
FistofZen+
Posting Rights Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by myHelljumper View Post

The best proof is DCS itself. My friend has once showed me a tacview video where he killed an F-15C, the F-15C disappears and some 10 seconds later that F-15C launches an Aim-9 and kills him. I have witnessed F-15C get hit by 5+ KUB missiles and it kept smoking and firing missiles at others. I have flown BVR battles, 6xR-27ER launch equals to 1 Aim-120 or Matra 530D launch. Go look at what planes people fly in PVP servers. This is about DCS, not real life so don't get too excited.
Old 07-27-2018, 01:40 PM   #5
myHelljumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistofZen View Post
The best proof is DCS itself. My friend has once showed me a tacview video where he killed an F-15C, the F-15C disappears and some 10 seconds later that F-15C launches an Aim-9 and kills him. I have witnessed F-15C get hit by 5+ KUB missiles and it kept smoking and firing missiles at others. I have flown BVR battles, 6xR-27ER launch equals to 1 Aim-120 or Matra 530D launch. Go look at what planes people fly in PVP servers. This is about DCS, not real life so don't get too excited.
R-27ER has more range than 530D and AIM-7, I don't know what you are talking about.

F-15C has a problem with its DM, a bug is not a bias proof. The HAWK is un-killable and the Mig-29 was a tank not too far ago.

If you think that missile performances are not OK, please provide data and chart showing so. But what you did is trolling and even off-topic, the topic being R-27R performances.

BTW if you are firing 6 Fox-1 in one BVR fight, you are doing something wrong.

VEAF - Virtual European AirForce
http://www.veaf.org/fr/

Helljumper's Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3...UxPbWHvJJ3W2fA
myHelljumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 01:52 PM   #6
FistofZen+
Posting Rights Suspended

Quote:
R-27ER has more range than 530D and AIM-7, I don't know what you are talking about.

F-15C has a problem with its DM, a bug is not a bias proof. The HAWK is un-killable and the Mig-29 was a tank not too far ago.

If you think that missile performances are not OK, please provide data and chart showing so. But what you did is trolling and even off-topic, the topic being R-27R performances.

BTW if you are firing 6 Fox-1 in one BVR fight, you are doing something wrong.
1. Range doesn't kill.

2. Its not a bug since there are no intentions of fixing it. HAWK in BVR?

3. A couple of modders have confirmed that missiles aren't performing as in real life. You can check it out in the mods section.

I am not trolling, I am just telling this guy that his complaint is nothing and he isn't the only guy with such a complain.

4. Not 6 at one time, but of course, in a certain time span after each one clearly misses the target.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:05 PM   #7
WinterH

For what it's worth, actually missiles from both sides suffer issues in my opinion.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:15 PM   #8
winchesterdelta1

LoL if you think killing a F-15C is difficult then you are doing something wrong or you are fighting somebody really experienced.
Also i have seen Flankers shoot R-73 when they should have been killed. I have seen flankers come after me after 2 hits and kill me.
So the BIAS is yours cause you only see one side. Because you prefer to think biased, you think others think and act the same. But it doesn't work like that. Yes the missiles are sucky. But that is for all missiles. An AIM-120C becomes dangerous only within 6 miles if you have at least some skill. And the 530D can be defeated pretty well if you know what you are doing. Multiple times i have fired my entire F-15 armament on a skilled SU-27 Flanker with no hits at all. He turns around and he kills me. But visa versa as well. So yes you are trolling, or totally ignorant.

But indeed the R-27R and the T are a special case. Those things suck even more. It's still possible to kill people with it. But you need to fire it within the perfect parameters.
But seriously.. what's new. They are working on the missiles as we speak.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:22 PM   #9
FistofZen+
Posting Rights Suspended

So if I am trolling then why are Sukhois and Migs almost non-present in PVP battles? If the red side has Mirages and Sukhois, most of the times you will see more Mirages than Sukhois flown on the same red side. Even if the red side has F-15C, people will choose F-15C over any sukhoi. Yeah, I am trolling, but stats aren't.

Last edited by FistofZen; 07-27-2018 at 02:25 PM.
FistofZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 02:33 PM   #10
pepin1234

Quote:

We don’t have nothing to prove for you Sr. as well you don’t have it. So why you ask for prove?

This small R-27R is a shame in this game. Why the Russian must have only the bigger ER to make some success when IRL they have the smaller R in payload in every modern aircraft?