SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

OK I updated to the new version got the activation code.. now my problem is I only hear a few of the sounds through the buttkicker..

I can hear the AoA Shudder, weapon release, cannon shots all other sounds don't do anything.. I am unsure what I am doing wrong but here is what I know..

I have 2 sound cards and the soundcard the buttkicker is hooked to is checked in the module.. I had turned the sounds all the way up.. I did double check and the buttkicker is hooked to the green output on the SC..

When I do the test I hear a sound and it registers in the log.. would like to state I have a very exotic setup with Triple DLP Projectors and a curved screen. I used Simpit warp to warp the image onto the curved screen..

I also use nVidias 3D Vision with a 980GTX Vid card.. I am unsure why some sounds work while others don't??

I need help, if you need more info please let me know what you need to know..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

OK I updated to the new version got the activation code.. now my problem is I only hear a few of the sounds through the buttkicker..

I can hear the AoA Shudder, weapon release, cannon shots all other sounds don't do anything.. I am unsure what I am doing wrong but here is what I know..

I have 2 sound cards and the soundcard the buttkicker is hooked to is checked in the module.. I had turned the sounds all the way up.. I did double check and the buttkicker is hooked to the green output on the SC..

When I do the test I hear a sound and it registers in the log.. would like to state I have a very exotic setup with Triple DLP Projectors and a curved screen. I used Simpit warp to warp the image onto the curved screen..

I also use nVidias 3D Vision with a 980GTX Vid card.. I am unsure why some sounds work while others don't??

I need help, if you need more info please let me know what you need to know..

Hi Gerald,

it seems you feel (or just hear?) the most loud and low frequency sounds. Could you please turn up a little volume at your buttkicker amp? It's also a point of interest your Low Pass Filter settings at the amp, may be you should set 110 Hz and try again.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just noticed. that the gear up for the a10c is not correct. It just plays the first bump. Not the second when the doors (the nosewheel door) are closed...

Hi Olaf,

I hope you will like updated LG effect.

Looking forward for hearing from you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Gerald,

it seems you feel (or just hear?) the most loud and low frequency sounds. Could you please turn up a little volume at your buttkicker amp? It's also a point of interest your Low Pass Filter settings at the amp, may be you should set 110 Hz and try again.

Well I did turn it up still nothing.. I tried extending air brakes and I get no sound effect or feel the buttkicker..

I alsdo turned up the sounds in simshaker too 100% I get no buttkicker effect..

am I missing something I should do to a file or something?

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Well I did turn it up still nothing.. I tried extending air brakes and I get no sound effect or feel the buttkicker..

I alsdo turned up the sounds in simshaker too 100% I get no buttkicker effect..

am I missing something I should do to a file or something?

Hi Gerald,

I don't think you should do something to a file.

I tried extending air brakes

Please tell me at which airframe, it may be just not implemented yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Andre!

It's been a while since I tested the sound module, and it's a vast improvement since last time! :)

The A-10 stuff is really great!

For the Mig-21 I would personally like the effect for the landing gear to be a little bit stronger. You can really hear the thud of the landing gear slamming up and down, so I think you should feel that a bit more. That would be effect number 7. Also, it feels and sounds like the Mig-21 is a rumbly plane, and I'm not sure if you could add some kind of engine- or speed-related rumble when flying. That would be really cool. :)

For the Huey I have effect number 2, Enhanced main rotor whirl (RPM > 42%), turned up to max, but I can barely feel it. I'm not sure if you would feel that as much in a real Huey, but I would like to feel the main rotor while flying. So maybe you could make effect number 2 a bit stronger?

That's it for now I think. :)

Thanks for the great work!

Hi Gerald,

I don't think you should do something to a file.

Please tell me at which airframe, it may be just not implemented yet.

I tested the Airbrakes on the F15, Su-27 and Su-25T.. thos only sound that works is the Gear, Cannon and AoA Shudder

Hi Andre!

It's been a while since I tested the sound module, and it's a vast improvement since last time! :)

The A-10 stuff is really great!

That's it for now I think. :)

Thanks for the great work!

Hi JanTelefon,

thanks a lot for your feedback!

Please send me your activation string to get an authorization key. It seems you are using not the latest version of Sound Module.

For the Mig-21 I would personally like the effect for the landing gear to be a little bit stronger. You can really hear the thud of the landing gear slamming up and down, so I think you should feel that a bit more. That would be effect number 7.

Do you already have gain slider at 100%?

Also, it feels and sounds like the Mig-21 is a rumbly plane, and I'm not sure if you could add some kind of engine- or speed-related rumble when flying. That would be really cool. :)

I'm considering how to add speed-related rumble.

I wonder can you feel afteburner effect at MiG-21?

For the Huey I have effect number 2, Enhanced main rotor whirl (RPM > 42%), turned up to max, but I can barely feel it. I'm not sure if you would feel that as much in a real Huey, but I would like to feel the main rotor while flying. So maybe you could make effect number 2 a bit stronger?

Sure, I'll make it stronger :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tested the Airbrakes on the F15, Su-27 and Su-25T.. thos only sound that works is the Gear, Cannon and AoA Shudder

Hm... F15 and Su-25T must work.

OK, let's dig into details further. Do you use Buttkicker Gamer2 device?

Edited by =Andre=

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hm... F15 and Su-25T must work.

OK, let's dig into details further. Do you use Buttkicker Gamer2 device?

Yes I use the Buttkicker Simulation..

From your FAQ

Sound Module (beta) was integrated into SimShaker distributive package. To start Sound Module (beta) automatically along with SimShaker please tick appropriate checkbox at SimShaker Service tab page. You don't need to launch stand alone Sound Module (alfa) version any more. All contributors can get authorization code for free. Without entering the key Sound Module (beta) will run at Demo mode, playing just Ground Bumps effect for all DCS World planes and KA-50

Another thing here has me confused.. it states I do not need to launch stand alone Alfa anymore?? I did get my key for it and now when I start Alfa it states I am in Test mode??

Does that mean the sound module is in demo mode also?? I am confused and I don't think when I authroised alfa it stuck so that maybe a bug??

Edited by The_Nephilim

Yes I use the Buttkicker Simulation..

Hi The_Nephilim,

OK, it seems to be very close to BK Gamer 2 and should work well.

Could you please tell me what is a frequensy cutoff setting at the amplifier?

Another thing here has me confused.. it states I do not need to launch stand alone Alfa anymore?? I did get my key for it and now when I start Alfa it states I am in Test mode??

That's right, you seems to be confused. I'm sorry for giving you not clear engoug explanation. Let's try again to clarify things.

1) No, you do not need to launch stand alone Alfa anymore.

The key is for Beta version, not Alfa.

Does that mean the sound module is in demo mode also?? I am confused and I don't think when I authroised alfa it stuck so that maybe a bug??

You could not authroised Alfa, it has no such option.

2) Please press button "Demo Mode. Get authorization key" at Beta version GUI, enter the key and press "Activate" button. After that you will see at the button "Full set of effects is loaded" instead "Demo Mode. Get authorization key".

Looking forward hearing from you after doing those 2 steps.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1. Cuttoff of amp is == 160

2. how do I get the Beta version of the sound module??

Edited by The_Nephilim

1. Cuttoff of amp is == 160

OK. Let it be 160.

2. how do I get the Beta version?

Sound Module (beta) is integrated into SimShaker distributive package. To start Sound Module (beta) automatically along with SimShaker please tick appropriate checkbox at SimShaker Service tab page.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ok I got it now.. I have the beta loaded and activated.. for the test sounds I am unable to select any files but the landing gear lock file is there to test.. am I supposed to be able to select and test all the sound files here in the sound module??

Edited by The_Nephilim

ok where is the service tab I don't see one??

Please have a look here https://yadi.sk/i/rl_JuRkbhyBga

I used the link to DL the Sound mode expansion module but it still says beta,

no need to use that link

where am I too get the beta version??

you've already got it with SimShaker. You sent me an activation string from beta version and I sent you back a key.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK I got it now where do I plug the buttkicker amp to the soundcard,,, Green, Black or orange connector?? almost got it

You need line out of the soundcard. Usually it's green.

Yes I am plugged into the green one on my 2nd soundcard..

no same thing some effects work some don't.. could it be a setting in the soundcard or the soundcard itself??