Is there anyone else having issues with the RADAR?

Targanon

Hi everyone

I acknowledge the Early access component of this Module.

That said

Prior to the last patch I was able to use the RWR to keep an eye on whats going on around me..

This still seems to be true to an extent..

Now tot he Attack Radar.

prior to last patch I could see a target in my RWR turn to intercept it.. and then lock it up on my attack radar..

now I don't seem to be able to see a dam thing in the attack radar.. I have had some planes show for a very very short time maybe 1 pass of the beam.

then nothing yet fellow flyers beside can still see the planes on their A/R.

I get the RWR warnings like i'm being locked or I've been shot at and I can go defensive but I lock something up unless I either see it on my A/R or actually see it and that's hard enough.

This is making me mad, and I"m on verge of putting DCS back in the draw where its spent a lot of time prior to the harrier and the hornet....

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

If you roll back to version 2.5.21235 you will get the latest version before this bug was introduced.

I’ve kept mine and my server on this version for that reason. Other multiplayer servers may become incompatible though...

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

This is making me mad, and I"m on verge of putting DCS back in the draw where its spent a lot of time prior to the harrier and the hornet....

Don't get mad for starters, not worth it. also you should make bug report if you want to be helpful about radar but I think this has already been reported. They don't do hot fix's so bugs are likely to last till next scheduled patch. Maybe non-beta branch would be best for you as not to run into these type of things.

Maybe non-beta branch would be best for you as not to run into these type of things.

The bug is in the release branch. Which is same built than Beta. DCS 2.5.3.21708

The bug as been reported in Open beta, taged "FIXED INTERNALLY" and pushed in the release version. Don't find the logic :huh: :book:

Current specs: Windows 10 64bit, i7-7700K @ 4.8 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, 1 To SSD, RTX2070-Super, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog, TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

Unfortunate that ED elected to pass the myriad bugs in beta on to release version . I would like to think that they had a good reason for doing so , but at this point what is the point of even having release ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Oh dont get me wrong! I'm not mad yet just frustrated I thought it was just me..

Seems that I'm just one of the unlucky few.

Like last time round people were having issues with maps loading etc.. I didn't have the issue.. so if its a thing that is known about and others are in the same boat as me.. I'll sitting back and wait for it to be fixed but at least I can roll back an older build.. or I can wait till they do the next patch.. I'm sure that wont be that far off...

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

OK did say it was making me mad.. but maybe I should have said "driving me crazy" I have a hard enough time just seeing the nasty little blighters at the best of times let alone when there is no radar to tell me where to look

Targs,

Moduls

Just downgrade to the version listed earlier in the thread. I did after they declared it fixed internally but didn't push a hotfix. Have had no issues playing online with it. Won't upgrade again til its fixed.

3800X, X570, 32GB 3600, RTX 2080Ti, SSD, Odyssey+ VR

I enjoy the navigation aspect very much, actually that's all I do, fly around in stormy weather, carrier landings/take-offs, night flying and some bombing practice. I wouldn't try at this stage doing any real battle, just don't feel it's there yet.

Is there an expected date that the F-18 will be considered 'Done' in development?

I'm very happy to hear this is a software issue and not a precursor to my FNAEB. I was beginning to worry.

This just means it's time to learn how to fly one of those other icons at the bottom of the screen. I've been camping out in my Hornet too much already. Maybe I'll go back to the -5 and get better at flying an airplane rather than playing a piccolo. Go do the exchange pilot thing with a euro-squadron.

I enjoy the navigation aspect very much, actually that's all I do, fly around in stormy weather, carrier landings/take-offs, night flying and some bombing practice. I wouldn't try at this stage doing any real battle, just don't feel it's there yet.

Is there an expected date that the F-18 will be considered 'Done' in development?

With this radar issue aside, combat in the EA Hornet is fine currently. You don't have HARM, ATFLIR, TWS, or guided weapons. Plenty of fun to be had with current AA, Rockets, and dumb bombs. Especially online with friends.

3800X, X570, 32GB 3600, RTX 2080Ti, SSD, Odyssey+ VR

Just downgrade to the version listed earlier in the thread. I did after they declared it fixed internally but didn't push a hotfix. Have had no issues playing online with it. Won't upgrade again til its fixed.

Yup DONE!!

Targs,

Moduls

Doubts radar Hornet

I'm afraid to ask, but is the Hornet's radar broken? There are times when the ACM mode does not block the contacts that are in the visual, that moment is crucial to identify and attack, especially not to topple the allies, but sometimes it fails and this costs a demolition. AACQ mode works, but it does not block everything and when you want to return to normal scanning mode, nothing works as it should, neither ACM nor the designator can catch a contact. I am alone? He also exchanges diamond for ally at the last moment, after launching the missile.

I did not have this problem until the last updates.

Thank you.