Which full sim modules you'd like in FC3? - Page 11 - ED Forums

Notices

View Poll Results: Pick as many as you'd like!
F/A-18 39 31.71%
F-16C 81 65.85%
F-14 40 32.52%
The Harrier/AV-8B 25 20.33%
Ka-50 21 17.07%
Mirage-2000 26 21.14%
F-4E Phantom 48 39.02%
AJS-37 Viggen 20 16.26%
Mig-21 28 22.76%
Mi-24 Hind 36 29.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2018, 07:21 PM   #101
dimitrischal

Quote:
Originally Posted by winchesterdelta1 View Post
I think we have been answered on FC3... Or should i say FC4 aircraft.

Q. Will we see survey modules again like FC3 for the casual simmer and especially 'The Century Series' Surely classic air frames are a market seller :wink: – Mizzy

A. FC4 with four more aircraft
Flying Legends pack with 8 -12 aircraft …. ?
Century fighters are a big deal and a period I absolutely love, but not priority no.1 at the moment.
Very bad idea to turn century fighters into fc type modules. They are prime candidates for full fidelity modules since data is publicly available and systems are not so hard to recreate.
Considering SA2 and other period assets are coming we can set a true 50s -70s air war scenario that a lot of people are asking and is bound to turn some heads.
dimitrischal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:43 PM   #102
Katmandu

Quote:
I think we have been answered on FC3... Or should i say FC4 aircraft.

Q. Will we see survey modules again like FC3 for the casual simmer and especially 'The Century Series' Surely classic air frames are a market seller :wink: – Mizzy

A. FC4 with four more aircraft
Flying Legends pack with 8 -12 aircraft …. ?
Century fighters are a big deal and a period I absolutely love, but not priority no.1 at the moment.
Awesome news! https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...10&postcount=1
Both in terms of direct implications (FC4 sounds great!) and possible side effects concerning the likes of this thread (no more "no more FC" ) .
Katmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 06:57 PM   #103
StarBegotten

I have just read through this thread and I am not quite getting the why people think that this is an either/or style situation?

I cant really see why both FC3 level aircraft and the more complex high fidelity modules cant co-exist, especially as they already have done so in DCS for years now.

ED have recently revealed that they are interested in developing more FC style products (in FC4) and Combined Arms also has simplified armoured warfare aspect to it, so the whole philosophy of a simpler level of simulation is not foreign to the company.

It seems to me that there are several advantages for widening the number of FC3 level aircraft that could potentially benefit everyone in the long run.

I dont think FC3 level aircraft threatens the high fidelity aircraft but actually benefits them. If FC3 level versions of various modules got released for about $10-$20 I am sure these would sell to a wider (i.e. larger) audience thereby increasing the customer base of ED.

The benefit here is that some of those new customers will end up upgrading the aircraft they like the most to the more expensive high fidelity versions, thereby gaining ED sales of high fidelity modules of about $60 a piece they would never have had otherwise.

Of course it also means they can sell more maps, campaigns, etc as well

From a business perspective it just makes sense to have a strategy that grows the company, which is why I think they are developing FC4 so that new customers have a route in to DCS.

The A-10 aircraft is already an example of this as it exists in FC3 (as the A-10A) but also has a high fidelity version (the A-10C), I would be fascinated to know how many FC3 customer upgraded to the A-10C module...
StarBegotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:11 AM   #104
1stBEAST

i upgraded from the FC3 A-10A to the DCS A-10C
but not because it was clickable. i upgraded because it was more modern and had more capabilities. i would never bought a DCS A-10A, because it would have been basically the same aircraft but the A-10C was different enough. if there are new FC3 aircrafts i would rather have different aircrafts and not FC3 versions of a DCS module

so i vote for none

but interestingly you forgot to add the option. strange

Last edited by 1stBEAST; 05-13-2018 at 10:15 AM.
1stBEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 05:23 PM   #105
Katmandu

No need to vote for "none" as "none" is what you already have, you can go ahead and enjoy it this very evening You will also be able to continue to enjoy "none" even if FC difficulty option becomes a thing - so again, no need for the active voting position imo.

Plus,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmandu View Post
with only 10 slots max for the votes I ran out of slots before I could mention A-10C, Mig-15, Sabre, Gazelle, etc.
Thus, the question was not "yes or no?", but "which aircraft?".

Funnily enough A-10A was/is my least favourite craft in FC as it is too lacking compared to the A-10C and too slow compared to Su-25. At the time when I was playing the A-10C, the ground units AI was such that e.g. BMP2's were scoring guaranteed hits from 1.3 Miles making TGPless strikes a bit of a chore. FC3 A-10C would have gotten a lot more play time as there was a time when I completely forgot its full real procedures and did not have time to relearn (I still haven't).

Last edited by Katmandu; 05-13-2018 at 11:10 PM.
Old 05-13-2018, 06:10 PM   #106
KeyCat

You missed AH-64 Apache as an option

Why AH-64 in FC4? Since I don't think we will see any AH-64 full fidelity sim before 2030 anyway. If ever...

Last edited by KeyCat; 05-13-2018 at 06:14 PM.
KeyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:38 PM   #107
winchesterdelta1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyCat View Post

Why AH-64 in FC4? Since I don't think we will see any AH-64 full fidelity sim before 2030 anyway. If ever...
Lets hope the Apache never comes to FC4. Rather no Apache then a FC3 one. That beast should be a fully clickable module in my opinion.
Old 05-13-2018, 10:43 PM   #108
KeyCat

Quote:
Lets hope the Apache never comes to FC4. Rather no Apache then a FC3 one. That beast should be a fully clickable module in my opinion.
Read my last line

I rather take a FC4 level AH-64 Apache than none at all! Of course if a AH-64 full fidelity module is planned and released as EA before we hit 2020 I'm all for it.

But as I said, I highly doubt we will see one before 2030 if ever and by then I may be 6 feet under

Last edited by KeyCat; 05-13-2018 at 11:13 PM.
KeyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 11:02 PM   #109
Katmandu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyCat View Post
Deliberate miss on my part, the poll was all about REusing full sim modules for FC optional control scheme. So my list was made from the already available and officially announced full sim modules. Was not meant to be one of those pie-in-the-sky "which craft would like in FC/DCS?" threads.

Full sim Apache (Eurofighter, F-22, etc etc etc etc) with an FC optional scheme would be mega of course and I've think the Apache is among the reserved modules for ED But nothing official yet...

Quote:
No such issue for this thread, Apache would need to be fully modelled/clickable to be FCfied. Exclusive FC4 craft talk is in the other thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=207312

Last edited by Katmandu; 05-13-2018 at 11:17 PM.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:01 PM   #110
Katmandu

I'm not sure I follow... I never used them, but aren't they basically an external 3d model of a Harrier for example with Su-25 cockpit, sensors and AFM?