T-Pendular Rudder toe brake zeroing

Hekktor

Hi guys,

just got my new T-Pendulars. So far I am quite ok.

BUT no matter what - I can't set up the toe brake axis to work properly. Actually I think that this is not a DCS problem, but from what I do believe a drivers issue. More precise - the zero position of the toe brake axis.

DCS in general has one of the best axis assign/setup/adjust tools imho. So setting up that new device I had no problem. Just when I rechecked everything for proper use, I realized that the bakes

jump from 0% to 50% as soon as you touch them - and just after 50% you have the "upper half" of the analog axis.

Drivers properties show the following at my system:

1. opening properties - WRONG middle position of the rudders - that imho is already the mistake in the driver software! The drivers is setting or assuming zero brakes as 50%.

device-properties-opening.jpg

2. Touching the brakes - driver realizes the zero reading - showing 0% - all seems correct. Actually he might read a negative number or what ever internally..

device-properties-reading-after-touching-one-brake.jpg

3. just barley touching the left rudder - reading jumps to 50%! (actually I believe he is reading a negative number and translates it to its internal zero position - the 50% output from the beginning.

right rudder at physical 60% - driver is reading positive number - showing positive output ~60% readout - BUT only from the upper half of the rudder axis - so we are missing 50% physical axis travel!

left-rudder-barley-touching-right-rudder-at-60-percent-depressed.jpg

Can anybody confirm this?

Is this the same in win10 as I am still running win7?

What I did so far - re-calibrated with win7 tool - same behavior.

Re-calibrated with the thrustmaster calibration tool - same behavior.

Checked for the the newest firmware - it is actual (1.15)

Thank you for your help!

Hek

• 5 months later...

Hi Hekktor,

I am having the exact same issue with my TPR Rudder setup for toe brakes. Runing Windows 10 with same up to date driver as bother yourself and rtimmons. I will continue to research a resolve to this problem and will share if I find one. It is very frustrating as there seems to be no obvious root cause other than what you have stated, a flaw in the driver software.

Are the brake axes setup as "slider" in the DCS axis tune menu ? They may need to be checked "inverted" as well . Finally , i have formed the habit of cycling all axes before clicking "fly" to prevent similar problems .

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Don't use windows joystick calibration, you need to "reset" the calibration in windows, and don't ever use windows calibration for Thrustmaster controllers. There should have been a pamphlet in the package that states not to calibrate with windows. The pedals are plug-n-play, and don't need any driver software unless you wish to use Target.

• Thanks 1

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I just got the same similar thing after the newest update. In Windows the pedals are going from 0 to 100% smoothly in their respective axis, but in DCS it starts at 0%, when I slightly touch the pedal I get instant jump to 50% and it goes smoothly from there to 100%.

I had to use a user curve to fix it, but this behaviour is now present in all the planes in DCS.

Clipboard 3.png

edit: After further investigation, it wasn't present in _all_ the modules, just most. Strange. In the meantime I got myself TPR pedals and they work fine. For the moment.

Edited by Xupicor
additional info
  • Windows 11 Pro, RTX4090 (24GB), 5950X @ 4.3GHz, 64GB RAM @ 3000MHz, M.2 SSD 8TB, Pimax Crystal
  • Modules and maps: All of 'em. (It's a problem...)

• 2 months later...

I had the same issue and can confirm =Panther='s fix!

if you calibrated the Rudders with Windows calibration and afterwards installed the driver package from Thrustmaster. You have to uninstall the driver package, go to the Windows "Devices and Printer" page, select the TPR, go to "Game controller settings" select the TPR again and go to properties. Then you go to the "Settings" Tab and klick "Reset to Default". 

After Resting, you can install the driver package again and the brake axis work as intended.

edbanner_new.png
AMD R5 3600 @ 4,5GHz, ASUS TUF RTX 3070 Ti, MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX, 32GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3200, Liquid Freezer II 280, Corsair HXi Series HX750i

What =Panther= said period

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

• 5 months later...

I  just bought the TPR pedals and I am having this same issue. The left and right toe brakes seem to be inverted and this is confirmed with the Thrustmaster calibration software. When the pedals are in the disengaged position the software shows 100% and when pressed they go to zero. This is in direct conflict with the driver software that shows the opposite, as seen in the second image of the first post of this thread. I have done everything that was mentioned in various forums and threads on this site but nothing works. 

I've seen posts about inverting the axis in DCS but that also inverts the braking intensity and doesn't invert the axis in a way that works. You can see in the DCS screenshot that the pedal is maxed at full brake when not depressed. I have a message in to Thrustmaster support so hopefully I can get an answer there. If anyone has anything they can add it would be appreciated. This is quite an expensive boat anchor at the moment.

Screenshot (15).png

Screenshot (16).png

Screen_220522_205838.png

I believe I figured out what my issue is. The slider box and the invert box both need to be checked. Without having the slider box checked the brakes will be at 50% while at rest. The invert box changes the brakes to off instead of 100% when the pedal is not depressed. Hope this helps someone that is also having an issue.

Screen_220523_201457.png

• 3 months later...

My left toe brake always stuck at 30% when PC boot up.If I re-plug the usb connector and push the brake,it goes fine and left/right all 0%.So now every time I boot up my PC I need go to Control panel and re-connect the USB to check the Rudder working fine or not.This issue happened after I update from windows 10 1903 to 21H2,and when HOTAS devices connected my PC wont turn off or sleep automatic.All are Microsoft problems.

Edited by zhouyut001
  • GamingPC: Ryzen 5950X  + 64G RAM + Nvidia 4090 + 1T Dedicated SSD For DCS 
  • HOTAS: WingWin F15EX Throttle + VKB Gunfighter Mk.III Joystick + SN2 Rudder + TrackIR Pro
  • HomeServer: Dell R7515 (EPYC 7402 + 1 T RAM + 48T SSD Raid10 + Nvidia A40
  • Network: Google Fiber 2G