SD10 performance

Pikey

Yes, there should be more cooperation between the parties in that regards, and follow some standard. As right now, because certain 3rd parties claiming to be more realistic makes a normally irl superior fighters to be inferior in game. Not talking only for upcoming jf17 but Tomcat too.

I agree tho that the 120 right now seems way too short ranged but it will be really annoying if JF17 version of 120 will have double the range of the original 120 if this is not the case irl - don't make it in game. Dumb it down until ED fixes the 120 and them update it with the original intended performance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, there should be more cooperation between the parties in that regards, and follow some standard. As right now, because certain 3rd parties claiming to be more realistic makes a normally irl superior fighters to be inferior in game. Not talking only for upcoming jf17 but Tomcat too.

I agree tho that the 120 right now seems way too short ranged but it will be really annoying if JF17 version of 120 will have double the range of the original 120 if this is not the case irl - don't make it in game. Dumb it down until ED fixes the 120 and them update it with the original intended performance.

Double work. Just wait till ED fixes his own 120. Not everybody plays competitive MP.

Double work. Just wait till ED fixes his own 120. Not everybody plays competitive MP.

It's the same in SP, take the jf-17 and shoot f-15s like mig21s. How this is more realistic than having the missile matching the current dcs level until/if ED fixes it. Knowing the ED timings I am worried that we will end up in that situation for years so I would rather have them do the double work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's the same in SP, take the jf-17 and shoot f-15s like mig21s. How this is more realistic than having the missile matching the current dcs level until/if ED fixes it. Knowing the ED timings I am worried that we will end up in that situation for years so I would rather have them do the double work.

Having one missile realistic is still more realistic than making all missiles equally unrealistic.

This is a combat flight simulator. You make weapons ranges based on research conducted, not other weapons in game.

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

Having one missile realistic is still more realistic than making all missiles equally unrealistic.

Realy ? How shooting the original f-16, f-18, su-27 like they are a generation older will be more realistic ? Until all missiles follow the same standard it will not be imho. You will just have a chinese copy of a copy of a f-16 superior than F-16, F-15, F-18, Flanker and so on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Realy ? How shooting the original f-16, f-18, su-27 like they are a generation older will be more realistic ? Until all missiles follow the same standard it will not be imho. You will just have a chinese copy of a copy of a f-16 superior than F-16, F-15, F-18, Flanker and so on.

That's ED's problem, not Deka's. Deka did their job with the research evidently. They aren't going to throw their research out the window just to make the game "balanced"

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

This is a combat flight simulator. You make weapons ranges based on research conducted, not other weapons in game.
Under my pov, the underlying problem is already exposed. Different parties are making different interpretations of the same researched data.

So to give one example, ED think that a stated 60km max range of missile X is the range at what a missile reach with barely enough energy to hit a non maneuvering target, while other parties like HB think that for US missile the stated max range is the range at which the missile still have enough energy to hit a x G escape manevouring target. Now that difference of criteria alone is huge and critical, and can lead to 20/30%ish increase in range.

So, the first obvious step is standarizing what a max range is for all missiles in DCS so they are all modelled to the publicly researched data but under THE SAME INTERPRETATION of this data.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Under my pov, the underlying problem is already exposed. Different parties are making different interpretations of the same researched data.

So to give one example, ED think that a stated 60km max range of missile X is the range at what a missile reach with barely enough energy to hit a non maneuvering target, while other parties like HB think that for US missile the stated max range is the range at which the missile still have enough energy to hit a x G escape manevouring target. Now that difference of criteria alone is huge and critical, and can lead to 20/30%ish increase in range.

So, the first obvious step is standarizing what a max range is for all missiles in DCS so they are all modelled to the publicly researched data but under THE SAME INTERPRETATION of this data.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Exactly, otherwise we end up with using gazelle to gain air superiority because it's missiles are more realistic :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Most missiles still don't know how to steer, they act like a noob who pulls the stick completely to his balls in a turnfight, eventually entering a stall and wondering why he gets shot down. The SD-10 doesn't do that as one of the very few examples. This is clearly ED's building site now.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

And no body says them to do so, just dumb it down until ED changes their missiles so all have the same standard. Otherwise it will be just annoying and not realistic at all.

have ED fix 120`s problem before asking 3party to nerf or buff SD-10.

done.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I9-9900K-Gigabyte 2080Ti Gaming OC, 32G DDR4000 RAM,

Track IR5, HOTAS Cougar + über Nxt Hall Sensor Mod, Slaw Device RX Viper

120C5 in Wikipedia 57nmi range whatever this is suppose to mean. I wonder what are those top secret resources giving 60 range to the sd10 and what exactly this number means ?

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Oh, you are using wiki huh ? great, take a look at this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PL-12

see the range ? and by the way, this is not top secret page.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I9-9900K-Gigabyte 2080Ti Gaming OC, 32G DDR4000 RAM,

Track IR5, HOTAS Cougar + über Nxt Hall Sensor Mod, Slaw Device RX Viper

120C5 in Wikipedia 57nmi range whatever this is suppose to mean. I wonder what are those top secret resources giving 60 range to the sd10 and what exactly this number means ?

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Wikipedia is a horrible source to use and is not reliable in the slightest. However, for the record, it says that the 120C-5 has a range of greater than 57nm, which can mean anything over 57 nm, not 57nm exactly.

Modules owned:

I just can't believe some of the requests and suggestions in this thread...oh boy:doh:

'Flight simulator pilots'...yeah

Its all about the mostest bestest online fighterbro'ing.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Meanwhile, Tomcat drivers are like "eh, it's going to be fine" :pilotfly:

Its true. Mav n Goose are laughing their asses off right now.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).