beta version gone for good?

twistking

hello,

since the newsletter stated, that stable and beta have been "merged", does that mean, that the beta branch is gone for good and there is only the stable branch left?

i would generally appreciated that, but i am also a little bit concerned, that quality/stability of stable branch could potentially suffer without the public beta-shock-troopers doing the testing...

let's hope for the best! :thumbup:

keep up the good work!

*edit*.: i did not believe it either, until i realized that the beta forums were gone...

Edited by twistking

does that mean, that the beta branch is gone for good and there is only the stable branch left?

No, of course not. It just means that both branches are running the same build (for now).

Release and OpenBeta will continue to co-exist for the very same reason they always have been.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

EDIT: I'll retract this opinion, hearsay, running the beta myself so no idea how stable the stable branch really is.

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

that the beta forum is gone?

Bloody hell, you're right. Well may ye live in interesting times, as the Chinese say... though maybe a tad sarcastically :D

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

If the Stable have been able to reach the Beta build, this may mean that the next Beta build will push a lot of new things or big features, or at least something long to code that they are still working on.

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

Beta Version is not Gone,

The Newsletter simply meant both Release and Beta Version are now running the same Build

//Closed

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs