Mission editor copy trigger to new mission

kunterbunt

I'm starting to have more than 8 triggers in a mission and some of them are actually good to use in other missions. But I have no idea how to copy a trigger from one mission to the next.

Of course I can save it as a new mission and start from scratch, reusing the triggers. But then I cannot copy a trigger or a set of triggers from another mission back to this new mission.

In other words: where can I found the actual code fo the triggers so that I can copy/past it in a text editor?

Would make my life much easier.

There must be a way. I cannot imagine that actual missions in a campaign are all created every time from scratch.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

Unfortunately there's no straightforward way to accomplish this. At least not that I've found.

It would likely be very difficult to do, since the triggers often operate on objects that are also required to be there. So there could be layers of dependencies to figure out.

What I suspect most of us do is to create the desired triggers on every map, and then save those missions as a set of read-only files. Your MISSION_TEMPLATE_CAUCASUS.miz for example.

Whenever you want to make a new mission, you copy that file to a new file with a different name and begin building the rest of the mission.

/F

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

Thanks fargo007. Do you know if it is possible to just recreate the triggers using script?

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

If you transform all your “smart” triggers to predicate scripts you can move them easily to new missions. Predicate scripts is also much more flexible and powerful. I believe you even can “cut & paste” these triggers in the raw mission file. If you reference unit or group names in the predicate script these must of course exist in the new mission for the script to work.

EDIT: Predicate work on a true/false return value!

Edited by HiJack

If you transform all your “smart” triggers to predicate scripts you can move them easily to new missions. Predicate scripts is also much more flexible and powerful. I believe you even can “cut & paste” these triggers in the raw mission file. If you reference unit or group names in the predicate script these must of course exist in the new mission for the script to work.

EDIT: Predicate work on a true/false return value!

Ah, now we are getting somewhere. So, basically, I need to read script api and then rewrite all triggers to script code.