[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Has anyone had an issue with SimShaker for Aviators software causing a MASSIVE hit to performance by way of constant stuttering and frame rate loss? If I delete the Scripts Folder contents for SimShaker (and modify it out of my Export.lua), everything runs great...I maintain mostly 45+ FPS. I've spent upwards of 12 hours of trial and error trying to figure out why my DCS all of the sudden stopped running well, and I have pinpointed it to this.

If I delete the above files and never let SSA open, I can open DCS and run it perfectly. If I open SimShaker and then launch DCS, as soon as the scripts for SSA are recreated in the folder I:

1) load in to the server with constant stutters

2) have terrible FPS performance, locked essentially to 22-23FPS

I've watched the CPU usage for SSA and it starts low single digit % but eventually goes up to 40%+...so it appears like even though DCS is running (and SSA is giving me the vibration feedback), SSA is doing it's typical CPU usage of when its in "I'm looking for DCS" mode...the really odd thing is that the vibrations from the seat maintain flawlessly even though the CPU usage would suggest that it's searching for DCS. I've also noticed that multiple SimShaker processes open in the Task Manager? (mutiple process with the red icon, not just the standard 1 red and 1 green icon SS's)

Worth noting that I also run Voice Attack + VAICOM. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated...I've been on such a long path of troubleshooting to get to this point that I am willing to try anything :(

• Like 1

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Has anyone had an issue with SimShaker for Aviators software causing a MASSIVE hit to performance by way of constant stuttering and frame rate loss? If I delete the Scripts Folder contents for SimShaker (and modify it out of my Export.lua), everything runs great...I maintain mostly 45+ FPS. I've spent upwards of 12 hours of trial and error trying to figure out why my DCS all of the sudden stopped running well, and I have pinpointed it to this.

If I delete the above files and never let SSA open, I can open DCS and run it perfectly. If I open SimShaker and then launch DCS, as soon as the scripts for SSA are recreated in the folder I:

I've watched the CPU usage for SSA and it starts low single digit % but eventually goes up to 40%+...so it appears like even though DCS is running (and SSA is giving me the vibration feedback), SSA is doing it's typical CPU usage of when its in "I'm looking for DCS" mode...the really odd thing is that the vibrations from the seat maintain flawlessly even though the CPU usage would suggest that it's searching for DCS. I've also noticed that multiple SimShaker processes open in the Task Manager? (mutiple process with the red icon, not just the standard 1 red and 1 green icon SS's)

Worth noting that I also run Voice Attack + VAICOM. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated...I've been on such a long path of troubleshooting to get to this point that I am willing to try anything :(

Hey Buckeye,

thx for your feedback...

I never had an issue with SSA and I'm running it together with my Rift.

However, when SSA detects a running DCS instance it starts waiting for incomming messages. This waiting may produce some load on the CPU. But once you hopped in a supported plane the load should reduce...

Maybe multiple instances of SSA are running? How do you start SSA? Since SSA is multi threaded it's normal to see more multiple SSA threads attached to the main process...

Cheers

Olaf

Hey Buckeye,

thx for your feedback...

I never had an issue with SSA and I'm running it together with my Rift.

However, when SSA detects a running DCS instance it starts waiting for incomming messages. This waiting may produce some load on the CPU. But once you hopped in a supported plane the load should reduce...

Maybe multiple instances of SSA are running? How do you start SSA? Since SSA is multi threaded it's normal to see more multiple SSA threads attached to the main process...

Cheers

Olaf

Appreciate the quick response, and I totally understand that my circumstance is a one off...something has definitely gone sideways, I just can't pinpoint exactly what yet.

To launch SSA I just open the red icon's SSA.exe (it then opens both the red icon and green icon programs for SSA...sorry I have to deal in the icon colors for now and not the proper porgram names for now because I'm at the office and don't have access to my Sim PC). Is this incorrect?

The oddest part to me is that it causes the massive stuttering in my CV1 HMD...so something, somewhere in my rig is being overstressed (or having a conflict with another program) when the SSA software is activated.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Appreciate the quick response, and I totally understand that my circumstance is a one off...something has definitely gone sideways, I just can't pinpoint exactly what yet.

To launch SSA I just open the red icon's SSA.exe (it then opens both the red icon and green icon programs for SSA...sorry I have to deal in the icon colors for now and not the proper porgram names for now because I'm at the office and don't have access to my Sim PC). Is this incorrect?

The oddest part to me is that it causes the massive stuttering in my CV1 HMD...so something, somewhere in my rig is being overstressed (or having a conflict with another program) when the SSA software is activated.

I'm currently in the office as well...

You could try another USB port. Maybe one directly at your computer... Otherwise, does the SSA log provide some information?

I'm currently in the office as well...

You could try another USB port. Maybe one directly at your computer... Otherwise, does the SSA log provide some information?

If you let me know what files you'd like me to post for your review, I will post them as soon as I get home tonight.

I will also try a different USB port as well :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

I just released a new beta:

Version 1.0.2.7 – beta release

- KA-50/Mi-8 ground bump fixed

- Spitfire AoA values tweaked

- Jet engine rumble slightly tweaked

I hope to release a new stable the upcoming weekend...

Thanks for the update, sir! Would you by chance take a look at the F5, when the afterburner engage, the rumble effects get softer.

Hmm, when the AB is engaged the jet engine rumble stops and the afterburner rumble takes over. Thus you might need to adjust the AB effect strength?

Thanks for the suggestion, I have not tweaked any strength, running all stock levels. I'll have a look. Although I have not ever flown a jet with an After Burner, would it be safe to say that the vibrations are more pronounced w/ AB engaging? If so, I would suggest increasing the stock values.

IRL there's no vibration for either. Just a lot of acceleration. It's reasonable to simulate that acceleration with rumble. Though I haven't received my JetSeat yet, I'd really like to try replacing any constant jet rumble with a lower back rumble that matches linear acceleration rate. (Nx dot)

Edited by aaron886

We only have vibrations thus we can only mimic some effects...

Currently only acceleration around roll and pitch is modelled with the G-Feeling which feels imo (an other real pilots) strange since it hides high AoA effects etc.

Playing around with the strengths is important to match each personal style and setup. Im using a seat and a buttkicker for example.

I have started having this same issue. Lots of stuttering in VR. I exit SimShaker and everything smooths out. I am using the Sound Module plugin. This seems to have started right around the time that I added a second shaker (Same AMP) to my rig, but I can't be positive.

Moe "Moespeeds" Colontonio

vVMA 231

http://www.vvma-231.com/

Looking for a serious US based Harrier Squadron? We are recruiting!

Hey guys,

the SoundModule is maintained/developed by Andre. We plan to release a new (separate) SSA and SoundModule version soon.

However, I'm currently extremely busy with finishing my PhD thesis. So I have to delay most work until I submitted my thesis...

You could test the current beta version and check if the stuttering is also there...

Jetseat/Simshaker problem

Hi f4l0

I have a Jetseat and Simshaker for Aviators, all was working on the DCS 2.5 open beta. I updated the whole install with fresh and copied and pasted saved game folder on completion. Unfortunately I now the jetseat does not work in DCS. I have tested the motors etc and that all works, any suggestions on what the problem may be?

Thanks

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

Hi f4l0

I have a Jetseat and Simshaker for Aviators, all was working on the DCS 2.5 open beta. I updated the whole install with fresh and copied and pasted saved game folder on completion. Unfortunately I now the jetseat does not work in DCS. I have tested the motors etc and that all works, any suggestions on what the problem may be?

Thanks

Neal

For a test, you could remove the export.lua from your profile. Might be better to make a backup first...

Hi

it appears to be a .net framework error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)

at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient..ctor(Int32 port, AddressFamily family)

at SimShaker.Core.DataProvider.DCSDataProvider..ctor(CallBackOnAircraftChange callBackOnAircraftChange, Action callbackPlayEffects, Action callbackStopEffects)

at SimShaker.Core.MasterManager..ctor(MainForm link)

at SimShaker.UI.MainForm..ctor()

at SimShaker.UI.AutoStarterForm.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.7.2633.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

System

Win32 Version: 4.7.2556.0 built by: NET471REL1

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

SimShaker for Aviators

Assembly Version: 1.0.1.43

Win32 Version: 1.0.1.43

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Neal/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/CKXPA4N1.PVC/TPYBEQX5.LPQ/sims..tion_8d02fb54339bfb80_0001.0000_2430d52dcbb5675b/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.7.2633.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 4.7.2612.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_B

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Accessibility

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Desktop PC:

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

Hi

I uninstalled Simshaker and jetseat and reloaded all. It now only picks up the 2.5 release version and it appears to install all .lua files in the saved games folder. I have checked to make sure that it is allowed through the firewall and I have deleted the export.lua and it still does not work?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Neal

Dont worry all working now - no idea why!

Edited by Bluethornton
update

Desktop PC:

Dont worry all working now - no idea why!

Maybe one of the mystic goblins working inside the computer had a bad day? :-D

Good to hear that everything works...

• 2 weeks later...

SSA is autostarting with windows10 startup. It is not showing in the Shell;startup folder. Not sure how it is autostarting. Any ides how to deactivate it?

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

It is possible and as have written a post earlier, but...

On the right or in a system tray to click with the right button of a mouse on an icon of the program. To choose "Open setting". To remove the corresponding check the appeared menu the point.

1710938207_.thumb.png.6de6817a68330dc00ad9232e61e4e695.png

Good help Gents.

Got it disabled thru Task Manager.

I forgot that when the engine won't start, check that there is gas in the tankdoh.gif

Thanks

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Hi,

Simshaker for aviator does not support helicopters in xplane11?

Thanks

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

Hi,

Simshaker for aviator does not support helicopters in xplane11?

Thanks

Should work. At least it worked...

I'm currently still busy with my thesis. Will submit it this or next week. After that I should have some free time to work on SSA...

Thanks and good luck for your thesis.

Envoyé de mon SM-G955F en utilisant Tapatalk

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.