P51D training

1coroner

you have 5 training missions

but with the other missions created for ( Normandy and P-51 )

you have a good job to do ; and for a certain time

just the time to wait for the announced campaign coming next.

Edited by JallieFR

Clevo Sager - i7 6700-K 4.0Ghz OC@4.4Ghz - RAM 32GB DDR4 - VIDEO Nvidia 980 GTX 8Go - XFi SoundBlaster

VR with Oculus Rift - KGB Gunfighter-Pro + Cougar Gaz + Simped + volant T300 + pédalier LeoBodnar

Not the p51d, but the Tf-51 is included by default, and good enough to train and adapt to the ED / DCS style :-)

Indeed, I think however, that OP asks specifically about tutorial missions on Normandy map. I haven't checked but I don't think there are any?

There are only a handful of single ("instant") Normandy missions for all warbirds, but for tutorials, 1.5.xx with Caucasus map is still needed (not to mention the free TF-51 doesn't have any tutorial missions available in any version).

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Hi,

The P-51D Training and Challenge Campaign are written for ["theatre"] = "Caucasus" and will work at time only with DCS 1.5

The P-51D module installation under DCS 2 comes along with the installation of the Training and Challenge Campaign - but they are not visible in the corresponding menues - due lack of the Caucasus MAP in DCS 2

------

Hello 1coroner aka Ken

Unless you have a SMOKIN' Video Card and PC I recommend you stick with DCS 1.5 (which can be demanding enough).

This will help avoid Frame Rate issues so you can study flight without issue.

Furthermore, you get the TF-51 with it for free (and frequent Sales offer the P-51 very reasonably priced).

And if you need help with training, there are many here that will offer to help online (including myself who you are welcome to PM).

PS> I have a really good PC and a really good video card, but it still isn't enough to appreciate DCS World 2 (Nevada) and definitely can't enjoy the WW2 map until I invest another $600-$1000 on a better/recommended video card.

SnowTiger:joystick:

Thanks for the advise guys .... I appreciate it. So I just installed DCS 1.5 and bought the P51D at half price. I have an i7-7700K (at 4.5GHz) and a GTX1080 so I'm hoping I can get reasonable framerates.

1coroner

Thanks for the advise guys .... I appreciate it. So I just installed DCS 1.5 and bought the P51D at half price. I have an i7-7700K (at 4.5GHz) and a GTX1080 so I'm hoping I can get reasonable framerates.

1coroner

Pretty much my setup, and I run everything on ultra settings, and I get no less than 80 FPS at all times, on any terrain. You will be more than okay.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm on an i5 2500, 3,3Ghz, and GTX 960 4 GB graphics card, and 1.5.7 open beta gives me solid 60 fps most of the time.

Of course I am not at max graphical settings, but still at a very nice level of quality.

DCS is a very optimized flight simulation, specially having in mind all of the stuff being calculated in the background apart from just the flight dynamics of the aircraft you're flying...

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...