Is this maneuver possible to execute in DCS?

Rlaxoxo

Honestly, that doesn't look like the one in the real video in OP.

Whenever I look performances on airshows I just think that DCS don't model inertia of these big birds at all.

Like how they drift tough the air even after a turn and so on.

idk :p

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

That aircraft is a Super Hornet not an F/A-18C.

Regards, Django.

| BMS | DCS OB | A-10C II | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | FC3 | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier | Tacview | XP11 | FF A320 | FF 757 |

| I7-9700K + NH-D15 | RTX3080Ti 12GB | DDR4-3200 16GB | Aorus Z390 Ultra | 2X Evo 860 1TB | 850W | Torrent Case |

| Warthog HOTAS + CH Pedals | 32" TV 1080p 60Hz | TrackIR5 |

FA18C currently has Pirouette logic in the FCS system this was inherited from FA18E/F FCS development. Prior to the incorporation of Pirouette logic stock FA18 A-C could perform a similar manoeuver however it was no where near as dramatic as what can be done with Piroutte logic incorporated. That is why the stuff you see in the various Airshow routines is more dramatic than what you see in the DCS video.

From the C model NATOPS:

Piro.jpg

Finnish FA18C RIAT 2018 Full blown Pirouettes at 1:31 and 2:41 in

From the Pit:

Edited by IvanK

That's good info. :thumbup:

So, in our DCS F-18 we can perform similar manoeuver however no where near as dramatic as what can be done with Piroutte logic incorporated?

No, we can do it in DCS, just Interia is hard to model so it doesn't look as cool

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Whenever I look performances on airshows I just think that DCS don't model inertia of these big birds at all.

Like how they drift tough the air even after a turn and so on.

idk :p

No, we can do it in DCS, just Interia is hard to model so it doesn't look as cool

Stop using the word inertia, as it seems to me you don't quite understand it. Hopefully that's not your intent but your comments are borderline insulting the the great scientific minds who work on DCS.

That‘s probably too complex to simulate.

Edit: I stand corrected. Love those youtube mini videos.

It is complex but not too complex. ;)

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

IvanK said that you cannot do such dramatic maneuver without special fcs logic.

Wags said that we do not have special fcs logic in dcs f-18c

I don't think inertia is problem here.

the E/F Super Hornet require a special FCS mode, but the Legacy © Hornet does not. Wags mentions this in his video of the maneuver.

Rig: intel i9-9900kf @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming

Pirouette logic was incorporated in C model FCS software, and was inherited from E/F model development. Prior to its incorporation "Pirouetteish" type maneuvers could still be flown but nowhere near as aggressively as they can with the FCS logic. It was only after the logic was incorporated in the FCS software that Pirrouettes became part of Airshow repertoire .... because they could then be performed with relative ease and certainty and with vigor.

The NATOPS tells it like it is

I stumbled on this clip from Farnborough '16 showing a Rhino loaded with amraams do a pirouette and loaded rolls. I like this clip since it shows the maneuvering from a wider angle and makes the directional reference more pronounced. Who needs thrust vectoring:D

I time stamped the clip to right before entry into a loaded roll followed by a pirouette 30 sec later

Edited by Gripes323