What price do you think module will be?

remi

What price do you think module will be?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. What price do you think module will be?

• $59.99
    • $69.99
    • $79.99
    • $99.99

More than $60, which is the only conclusion that can be drawn from his statement. Any other answer is pure speculation based on zero information beyond 'most expensive'.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

More than $60, which is the only conclusion that can be drawn from his statement. Any other answer is pure speculation based on zero information beyond 'most expensive'.

Agreed.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Honestly, I will pay whatever ED will sell it for. I have been waiting for this game since 1992 (the original F/A-18 Hornet 1.0 on Mac).

If there is one module to have, this one is it. Has everything you could ever want, and the systems they modeled for it are breathtaking.

I'm going to speculate on a bundle though, and I will say: $99.99 for module, $69.99 pre-order price, $29.99 carrier ops module (including training), $39.99 for SOH. ($150 for everything?)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Whatever the price I will buy it. Prerelease bundle.

But I want to state I would pay triple the f18 price for the tomcat.

Since tomcat and hornet share the same carrier ops , I don't think carrier would be included with either, though both could be bundled.

I think hornet and tomcat will be same price, lest one be bought preferentially over the other.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't want physical media, but having a physical package would be a nice addition for a premium version. Like a spiral bound manual, chart, poster, etc.

That hasn't happened for any module since DCS World was released so I would not expect it for this one either. Prior to DCS World a manual was produced for only two products out of the three.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

[..]

I'm going to speculate on a bundle though, and I will say: $99.99 for module, $69.99 pre-order price, $29.99 carrier ops module (including training), $39.99 for SOH. ($150 for everything?)

SoH will, also like NTTR, around $49.99 - it need more work as NTTR, it will be bigger as Normandy and also is an active war zone (from times to times), so exact data are not easy to get!

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

... also is an active war zone (from times to times), so exact data are not easy to get!

What data is difficult to get? It's not like ED needs to send someone over their to take pictures.

Up to 2 month we will know :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I guess it won't be higher than $79.99 maybe even $69.99 because there aren't that many people that would buy a module for more than $79.99 except a very few people that want to be nice to ED.

Rather than willing to pay $99.99 for a single module, which would be to much money for DCS World & Hornet newcomers, buy the module a second time.

For such a module that would reach a much wider audience than any other module except a few others it would be a pity if only a small percentage of those new interests would buy the module till a sale comes out.

a mindset like

"whatever the price i buy it"

is the reason why prices for games are constantly rising...

(and why certain other company constantly drop the quality of thier games, people buy them)

look at the F5, it doesnt even have a campaign just a few mission...

60 bucks is max, and then it must include all things it need to stand on its own (a carrier, a campaign that is worthy)

Edited by Nero.ger
  • Like 2

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

a mindset like

"whatever the price i buy it"

is the reason why prices for games are constantly rising...

(and why certain other company constantly drop the quality of thier games, people buy them)

look at the F5, it doesnt even have a campaign just a few mission...

60 bucks is max, and then it must include all things it need to stand on its own (a carrier, a campaign that is worthy)

This. I won´t pay more than 70$, carrier ops included. If not, I just wait for a sale.

• Like 2

games are already dirt cheap entertainment, especially once and done payments in a time when devs are still nevertheless expected to maintain their product afterwards as if it as a service.

100$ is nothing for the effort that's going into the fa-18.

Well, 70-80 or 100 seems too much to me when compared to other DCS modules, but when I look at other simulation platforms and I see the price tags for study level addons, 70 or 80 dollars wouldn't change my mind about buying the hornet so much but 100 dollars just for the plane without the carrier module? well my answer would be a big big NO with that pricing policy!!!!!

I know people who already stopped buying modules since they got more expensive ~ 2 years ago.

When the price of the module was usually $40 and people could wait for sales up to 70% if they wanted, they were eventually buying even modules they were not interested in.

Now the base price is higher and discounts lower, they simply lost their purchasing apetite.

But ED is the only one who has access to the sales figures, so it is fully up to them to set the price in order to maximize their revenues...

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Considering competitors on other flight sim platforms with study level F-18 sims legacy or otherwise I would say more than $69.99 USD would be too much considering these competitors have carrier ops included in their sims.