Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

GEEEEET AAAA VVVVPPPPPNNNN I already posted this 3 times!!! But you guys won't learn/won't even try and prefer complaining and getting disconnected!!! NOW I RAGE because I was about to kill 3 of blu CAP but they just all rage-quitted/so-called "disconnect"ed before I managed to launch/sneak up close enough! You guys are terrible!

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

He also said the Litening pod has a radar, but that's very wrong.

ok now let me fix my point of view withsome links.

http://www.explainthatstuff.com/radar.html

High spatial resolution radars and optical cameras are two major kinds of sensors for civilian earth

observation, and military applications. Their images are quite different from each other and radar

images are usually much more difficult to understand [1–3]. This paper will discuss about this issue

and show the reasons.

We know that the human eye’s vision system is similar to a camera, or in another words, the

human eye is indeed a camera. The basic imaging principle of optical camera is “small-hole”

imaging, it gets the two dimensional resolutions about the target through angular discrimination,

but for SAR/ISARs, they get the range resolution by discriminating the arrived time from target,

which is proportional to the signal bandwidth, and thus is inversely proportional to the time

duration of compressed pulse signal, while get the azimuthal resolution through aperture synthesis,

which is inversely proportional to the coherent integration time. So radar images have unavoidable

and severe geometric distortion compared with optical images, e.g., layover and foreshorten, which

makes the radar images more difficult to read.

For ordinary optical camera, the signal (light) comes from the sun or other artificial sources,

it is wideband, continuous, random and incoherent. When imaging, the signal interacts with the

target, where reflections and scattering occur. Due to the short wavelength, which is in the order

of several hundreds of nanometers, the scattering exhibits diffusion characteristics and is localized

for almost all natural or man-made targets, i.e., the scattered signals from every part (structure) of

the target go through the lens and is sensed by different part of CCD matrix to form a pixel. The

pixel is formed by incoherently summing the single scattering and multi-scattering signals from

the same part of the target, so there is only additive noise, at the same time the scattering center

(referred to as the pixel) is very stable and independent on the direction of incident light if the

looking direction is fixed. But for SAR/ISAR, the transmitted signals and the scattered signals are

both coherent, and the image is reconstructed by coherent processing the echoes, where the pixel

position is not stable but dependent on the direction of incident wave, i.e., one may get different

radar images for the same target even the looking direction is fixed but the incidences are different.

The role of multiple scattering effect is very useful for camera in some degree for increasing the

randomness of incident light, so make the image looks more uniform and smooth, but for radar, it

is very harmful because it leads to the scattering centers deviated from their geometric position or

induces ghost scattering centers. The noise in SAR/ISAR images is composition of additive and

multiplicative noises, so it is very hard to remove. For camera, the signals come from the surface

scattering of the target, but for radars, the signals come from both the surface scattering and the

volume scattering for general nonmetal target, and the volume scattering makes the scattering

centers more complicated.

As for the signal point of view, for camera, the light waves are continuous, non-coherent and

are of one octave. But for SAR/ISAR, the signals are usually pulsed and coherent. So integration

1412 PIERS Proceedings, Guangzhou, China, August 25–28, 2014

time for optical image can be much longer than that of radar image, i.e., the signal to noise ratio

(SNR) of optical image could be much higher than that of radar image.

Optical images and SAR images are presented and compared to illustrate the similarity and the

difference between them

ok now let me fix my point of view withsome links.

http://www.explainthatstuff.com/radar.html

High spatial resolution radars and optical cameras are two major kinds of sensors for civilian earth

observation, and military applications. Their images are quite different from each other and radar

images are usually much more difficult to understand [1–3]. This paper will discuss about this issue

and show the reasons.

We know that the human eye’s vision system is similar to a camera, or in another words, the

human eye is indeed a camera. The basic imaging principle of optical camera is “small-hole”

imaging, it gets the two dimensional resolutions about the target through angular discrimination,

but for SAR/ISARs, they get the range resolution by discriminating the arrived time from target,

which is proportional to the signal bandwidth, and thus is inversely proportional to the time

duration of compressed pulse signal, while get the azimuthal resolution through aperture synthesis,

which is inversely proportional to the coherent integration time. So radar images have unavoidable

and severe geometric distortion compared with optical images, e.g., layover and foreshorten, which

makes the radar images more difficult to read.

For ordinary optical camera, the signal (light) comes from the sun or other artificial sources,

it is wideband, continuous, random and incoherent. When imaging, the signal interacts with the

target, where reflections and scattering occur. Due to the short wavelength, which is in the order

of several hundreds of nanometers, the scattering exhibits diffusion characteristics and is localized

for almost all natural or man-made targets, i.e., the scattered signals from every part (structure) of

the target go through the lens and is sensed by different part of CCD matrix to form a pixel. The

pixel is formed by incoherently summing the single scattering and multi-scattering signals from

the same part of the target, so there is only additive noise, at the same time the scattering center

(referred to as the pixel) is very stable and independent on the direction of incident light if the

looking direction is fixed. But for SAR/ISAR, the transmitted signals and the scattered signals are

both coherent, and the image is reconstructed by coherent processing the echoes, where the pixel

position is not stable but dependent on the direction of incident wave, i.e., one may get different

radar images for the same target even the looking direction is fixed but the incidences are different.

The role of multiple scattering effect is very useful for camera in some degree for increasing the

randomness of incident light, so make the image looks more uniform and smooth, but for radar, it

is very harmful because it leads to the scattering centers deviated from their geometric position or

induces ghost scattering centers. The noise in SAR/ISAR images is composition of additive and

multiplicative noises, so it is very hard to remove. For camera, the signals come from the surface

scattering of the target, but for radars, the signals come from both the surface scattering and the

volume scattering for general nonmetal target, and the volume scattering makes the scattering

centers more complicated.

As for the signal point of view, for camera, the light waves are continuous, non-coherent and

are of one octave. But for SAR/ISAR, the signals are usually pulsed and coherent. So integration

1412 PIERS Proceedings, Guangzhou, China, August 25–28, 2014

time for optical image can be much longer than that of radar image, i.e., the signal to noise ratio

(SNR) of optical image could be much higher than that of radar image.

Optical images and SAR images are presented and compared to illustrate the similarity and the

difference between them

My phone has a radar.

Edited by OperatorJack

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For weapons systems, and what you'd previously described, they are not. You straight said A-10C has a radar, and that the TGP is a radar, which it isn't. Try harder.

But you see visible light and radio waves are both light so they are the same thing! That's why we don't need special devices to detect radio waves! We just use our eyes! It's physics! SAME THING!

Dont know about DCS , but IRL radar can detect missiles/rockets of all sizes

a good example is the Iron Dome system

Jup.. Iron Dome and Skyshield.

But our F10-View is kind of an AWACS and I hardly can believe that an AWACS can 'see' (and their radar-operators) will take care of single missiles and rockets.

@Dementia: Got now my point?

Can someone explain to me what the notation on the FARP/COMM/Cites mean?

IE: Kutasi Farp is: MM05 / 38T MM 024 533

I know MM05 is the grid position, but what are the rest please?

38T MM 024533 is the MGRS

Basically the grid location of farp in MM05 down to 100m accuracy. MM05 comes from MM024 533 and accuracy is only 10km

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_grid_reference_system

Edited by mia389

Can someone explain to me what the notation on the FARP/COMM/Cites mean?

IE: Kutasi Farp is: MM05 / 38T MM 024 533

I know MM05 is the grid position, but what are the rest please?

I use this site to get L/L since I'm in a helicopter most of the time.

http://www.legallandconverter.com/p50.html

Just input the MGRS and it spits out the L/L and even gives you links to google/bing/etc maps if you want it.

I use this site to get L/L since I'm in a helicopter most of the time.

http://www.legallandconverter.com/p50.html

Just input the MGRS and it spits out the L/L and even gives you links to google/bing/etc maps if you want it.

Ahh, thank you. I've only flown the SU-25T and I've either yet to read/learn about this yet, or it's something not relative to that plane. Thanks.

Edit: and this video I found also helps explain a lot:

. This along with the fact MGRS needs to be turned on in the Misc/Options screen pretty much explains why I haven't seen this yet.
Edited by Bahnzo

Ahh, thank you. I've only flown the SU-25T and I've either yet to read/learn about this yet, or it's something not relative to that plane. Thanks.

You can change game options, co-ordinates to MGRS.

Just look at the F10 map in game, you will find the co-ordinates you're looking for there. Top left of the screen if I remember correctly.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

• ED Team

morning,

I have had a tidy up, posts have been deleted for various reasons.

fighting, trolling, 1.1, 1.2 or quoting them.

some of you need to work on your delivery, please have a read of the rules and bare them in mind when posting

https://forums.eagle.ru/rules.php#en

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Sad to see so many disconnects, only played the last two days but its unplayable, so many times we had helis ready to capture and then all blue would get disconnected.

Saying that i had the best time last night on the blue flag server on Blue for, something about the crap talk and the fact that 90% of the team were broadcasting live on twitch our detailed and awesome tactics to the world made it funny.

Hope you manage to fix the server issues, blue flags are awesome fun.

• ED Team

Guys ED are looking into some of the server disconnects, I have been in contact with a few server admins, and been talking with ED I.T department to try and pin down the problem.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Topic is Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign

please stick to it

Guys ED are looking into some of the server disconnects, I have been in contact with a few server admins, and been talking with ED I.T department to try and pin down the problem.

Thank you very much and thank you very much for cleaning up this thread! :) TOP moderator here!!! (and only one?) :thumbup:

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

awesome news BIGNEWY

Looking forward to fly the Mi-8 again but that slow mover gets a disconn before I get anywhere I am ordered to.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Thanks a lot!

We are trying also to improve things from our part by optimizing the way some scripts work.

Let's hope we'll get better results soon. :thumbup:

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

u wont do that becouse thats is breakin law :) and if u break it we gonna sue y ) just warnin

i wounder what would u say about ur mi 8 flyin at 180knots?

i wounder how u know about those chears mr racco i just startin to wounder how u know it hmmm , your effort? 20red against 5 blue... efforts ur pathethic

give me proof that was me later we talk about it

how u got an hold on my or not my ip why did server admin give to 3rd party the ip he should have not given ) u can brake so much laws here that u gonna find urself in trouble ;)

but i wish u best lucks to proove it was me

IP addresses are public, there is no law saying you cannot post someones IP online.

Can we please make the server passworded with "visit buddyspike.ddns.net teamspeak for server password" (use DDNS to get sth. like buddyspike.ddns.net for free) so there will be far less pilots who are not on teamspeak... (terrible in team red the past days with always about 3-5 CAP pilots not in TS)

Buddyspike already own their own domain name, they run the TS server on port 1337 so i would recommend a SRV record so you dont have to put in the port number after say; ts.buddyspike.net

Is getting better servers completely out of the question?

;-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AWACS/GCI and other surveillance radars may detect certain types of low RCS missiles using modern techniques like STAP and others, but those require multiple hits and some amount of time to establish a track.

SAMs and surveillance radars with a TBM role are specialized equipment dealing with weapon that have a flight time of several minutes typically.

The notion that a GCI radar with 6 sec (or more) update rate and effective 3-5nm resolution can be used to warn a flight of AAM launches or even a majority of SAM launches is ridiculous. It doesn't happen, and that's why aircraft have on-board defensive equipment to warn them of missile launches.

Jup.. Iron Dome and Skyshield.

But our F10-View is kind of an AWACS and I hardly can believe that an AWACS can 'see' (and their radar-operators) will take care of single missiles and rockets.

@Dementia: Got now my point?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

AWACS/GCI and other surveillance radars may detect certain types of low RCS missiles using modern techniques like STAP and others, but those require multiple hits and some amount of time to establish a track.

SAMs and surveillance radars with a TBM role are specialized equipment dealing with weapon that have a flight time of several minutes typically.

The notion that a GCI radar with 6 sec (or more) update rate and effective 3-5nm resolution can be used to warn a flight of AAM launches or even a majority of SAM launches is ridiculous. It doesn't happen, and that's why aircraft have on-board defensive equipment to warn them of missile launches.

Thank you Tharos.

This is what I'd been trying to get across all along. Perhaps I just didn't explain it in the right way.

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can imagine one guy here though desperately making inbound calls to pilots already in parachutes, he certainly has an apt name.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I can imagine one guy here though desperately making inbound calls to pilots already in parachutes, he certainly has an apt name.

An equally amusing scenario I imagined through this argument is an infantry platoon commander seeing the launch visually and trying to frantically contact the pilot, despite him not being on the same comm net.

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]