[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

I cannot fly without SS, I love it! Though is anyone else finding that the F-14 just doesn't like to comply and often either crashes or reverts to using just the sounds as vibrations so you can feel jester and switches? 

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

On 1/5/2021 at 6:40 AM, f4l0 said:

AFAIK the JF-17 has only a digital display for the RPM. I have no way to extract the digital value, out of the box. Thus getting the RPM is an issue here... this might change in the future but currently its a "known missing feature".

That explains it - thanks.

I ended up with buying the F18 anyway but the JF-17 is definitely a future want, it's a cool little plane.

On 1/8/2021 at 7:34 AM, f4l0 said:

The P47 is available in the latest beta, you can find it here: https://simshaker.com/software/general/

I did try the Jug today for more or less the first time and ran into some issues with simshaker4Aviators. Is it only me, or does "Dashboard shaking" nothing?  Had it all tuned up and a stricken, shaky bird, but no effects. Other than that simshaker works fine with all my planes and MSFS2020.

Version is 2.1.5.0 beta

I loaded both current and beta version demo versions of SimShaker for Aviator to test my new setup but it crashes during startup.  I excluded it from my firewall/virus protection but it doesn't help.  Tried running it as admin as well.  SimShaker Wings, Simshaker Sound Moduel all work.  The only issue is Aviator.  Any suggestions? 

(Windows 10)

38 minutes ago, *Moxie* said:

I loaded both current and beta version demo versions of SimShaker for Aviator to test my new setup but it crashes during startup.  I excluded it from my firewall/virus protection but it doesn't help.  Tried running it as admin as well.  SimShaker Wings, Simshaker Sound Moduel all work.  The only issue is Aviator.  Any suggestions? 

(Windows 10)

Any crash logs?

I am planning to get 2 or more transducers and place them at different locations on my rig. I will not use them in left/right stereo setup but probably install one under and one behind my seat. I installed Simshake for aviators and the sound module. Is it possible to split the stereo channels and assign different effects to each channel? For example , can I set the afterburners to use only the left channel (transducer at the back of the seat) and landing gear sounds to go through the right channel (transducer under the seat) only?

3 hours ago, Caysuyu said:

I am planning to get 2 or more transducers and place them at different locations on my rig. I will not use them in left/right stereo setup but probably install one under and one behind my seat. I installed Simshake for aviators and the sound module. Is it possible to split the stereo channels and assign different effects to each channel? For example , can I set the afterburners to use only the left channel (transducer at the back of the seat) and landing gear sounds to go through the right channel (transducer under the seat) only?

Yes, you can do that by editing SimShaker Sound Module .wav samples.

Essential information how to do that is presented in SimShaker Sound Module User Guide https://simshaker.com/guides/

• Like 2

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, hoping that someone can help me. I'm getting the following error with SimShaker for Aviators beta:

SimShaker for Aviators beta: DCS.openbeta export feature setup

ExportAutoTune: Could not find a part of the path 'Data\SimShaker.lua'

I have removed and reinstalled SimShaker, but no joy.

Cheers,

simshaker_error.JPG

15 hours ago, KIWIvolshebnik said:

Hi, hoping that someone can help me. I'm getting the following error with SimShaker for Aviators beta:

Cheers,

simshaker_error.JPG

Sorry buddy, can't help, but you are not alone. I'm having the same problem.

But maybe I've found the culprit. Somehow I had both versions installed, release and beta. I uninstalled the beta and now I don't get the error message anymore. Either it was maybe a conflict between the two versions, or an issue with the beta. Or maybe I'm just lucky right now and it will reappear soon.. 😄

Edited by Dustoff74

Rock 'n' Roll!

Henning

Hi, just received a new Jet Pad for Aviators. Hooked it up, installed Simshaker Installer v2.1.0msi. I must be doing something wrong. I cannot get the Simshaker software to do anything.

1. If I hit Restart, it does restart and it says "Jetseat OK".

2. However, when I load and run UH-1H, nothing happens with the seat. Also the Massage start/stop does nothing and the Test button does nothing.

3 If I run JetSeat Control Panel ver 1.3.1.1 from Ganetrix, then I can use it's Test button to test all of the vib motors and they seem to work fine.

4. My expectations was: sitting on runway, with rotors turning, 6600 rpm, and picking up to a hover, that there would be some sensation from the seat.

Windows 10, lastest update. DCS current version.

Using a separate USB cable plugged directly into computer

Any ideas?

Thanks

On 1/20/2021 at 7:09 AM, KIWIvolshebnik said:

Cheers,

simshaker_error.JPG

Looks strange, could you please check if a simshaker.lua file is in the install directory of SSA. For me its: C:\Program Files (x86)\SimShaker\SimShaker for Aviators Beta\Data

On 1/21/2021 at 2:28 AM, Red 26 said:

Hi, just received a new Jet Pad for Aviators. Hooked it up, installed Simshaker Installer v2.1.0msi. I must be doing something wrong. I cannot get the Simshaker software to do anything.

1. If I hit Restart, it does restart and it says "Jetseat OK".

2. However, when I load and run UH-1H, nothing happens with the seat. Also the Massage start/stop does nothing and the Test button does nothing.

3 If I run JetSeat Control Panel ver 1.3.1.1 from Ganetrix, then I can use it's Test button to test all of the vib motors and they seem to work fine.

4. My expectations was: sitting on runway, with rotors turning, 6600 rpm, and picking up to a hover, that there would be some sensation from the seat.

Windows 10, lastest update. DCS current version.

Using a separate USB cable plugged directly into computer

Any ideas?

Thanks

Did you turn up the "volume" of the seat while you run the massage test function

Edited by f4l0

On 1/24/2021 at 1:46 AM, f4l0 said:

Looks strange, could you please check if a simshaker.lua file is in the install directory of SSA. For me its: C:\Program Files (x86)\SimShaker\SimShaker for Aviators Beta\Data

Yes it is there. The same folder structure for my install as well.

Edit:

Is it possible the error is related to the 'Start when Windows Starts' option?

I reinstalled the beta and the error did not occur until I checked that option and then restarted the PC.

After restarting, The traytool loaded and I selected 'Start SimShaker' from the traytool's pop-up menu. This produced the error.

However, after selecting 'Exit' from the traytool's menu and then restarting SimShaker for Aviators beta, and opening it manually as above, the error did not occur.

Edited by KIWIvolshebnik
further information

On 1/24/2021 at 5:44 PM, Golden.Crown said:

Hi Guys,

Can you please help me with this error?

IMG_1417.jpg

The F14A is currently only supported in the SimShaker beta.

On 1/25/2021 at 1:36 AM, KIWIvolshebnik said:

Yes it is there. The same folder structure for my install as well.

Edit:

Is it possible the error is related to the 'Start when Windows Starts' option?

I reinstalled the beta and the error did not occur until I checked that option and then restarted the PC.

After restarting, The traytool loaded and I selected 'Start SimShaker' from the traytool's pop-up menu. This produced the error.

However, after selecting 'Exit' from the traytool's menu and then restarting SimShaker for Aviators beta, and opening it manually as above, the error did not occur.

Interesting. I'll have a look an see if I can reproduce it on my side...

• Thanks 1

I just released a new beta

Version 2.1.6.0 – beta release
- Frame Rate Limiter added – needs feedback
- F14 AB stage light up effect added – needs feedback
- JF-17 – engine effect added

- General prop engine effect generation tweaked - needs feedback

5 hours ago, f4l0 said:

I just released a new beta

Version 2.1.6.0 – beta release
- Frame Rate Limiter added – needs feedback
- F14 AB stage light up effect added – needs feedback
- JF-17 – engine effect added

- General prop engine effect generation tweaked - needs feedback

@f4l0 looking forward to trying the new JF-17 effect.. What is the Frame Rate Limiter for - and How can I test/provide feedback on it?

Hi,

I wonder if anybody used this with the Huey, and have recommended settings for this bird.

Thanks

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.