SU27 Madness

SUBS17

Heres todays 1st flight some of the highlights inverted flat spin with recovery, vertical take off, departure with recovery and a cobra gone horribly wrong.:doh:

Interesting video. What technique did you use to recover from the deep stall?

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

@Darkfire

Most modern aircraft will exit spins as soon as you take your hands off the controls, even if not, in the case of something like a lightly loaded Flanker or Hornet, they have the T/W to just blast out of it altogether. It pretty much requires deliberate action to enter one, and deliberate action to keep it going.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

@Darkfire

Most modern aircraft will exit spins as soon as you take your hands off the controls, even if not, in the case of something like a lightly loaded Flanker or Hornet, they have the T/W to just blast out of it altogether. It pretty much requires deliberate action to enter one, and deliberate action to keep it going.

Not for a flat spin or an inverted one.:smilewink:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Not for a flat spin or an inverted one.:smilewink:

Both of which was the result of my first attempt at the Cobra... I remember thinking briefly, “ How the heck did I get like this!?”

Unfortunately I tried the Cobra at about 300 meters, so...like I said, my thoughts were brief and fleeting.

@Darkfire

Agreed. For a normal non-inverted stall the Su-27 is very well behaved. Not so much though for the inverted negative AOA stall. For whatever aerodynamic reason if left alone the aircraft will not recover and will eventually pancake in. It's sometimes possible to 'rock' the aircraft out of the deep stall condition if you have sufficient altitude to do so. I've also read that others have had some success with deploying the brake chute as a means to weather vane out of the stall condition.

I was wondering how SUBS17 did it.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.