FPS cut in half without changing anything, tried everything to fix it?

Hoping someone from ED could take a look at my logs (attached) as I've tried everything over the last week or more and can't figure my performance issues out :(

I went from a pretty consistent 45FPS (VR) in 2.5 OB to out of nowhere being pegged to ~23-25FPS almost always in MP...and this is pretty much independent of me changing Shadow, MSAA, etc settings lower and lower. Really odd. I run SP fine, with the exception of missions that have a lot of units in them.

Can you please take a look and see if anything looks "off"? This is driving me mad. I've went as far as reinstalling DCS with no effect, I've cleaned and repaired with no effect, I've disabled all mods with no effect, I've deleted the fxo and metashaders numerous times with no effect, and tried a million other "tricks" people found...and nothing. People with much worse rigs than mine are running at much better performance.

I don't really have crashes. I've included the Log file, I tried to include the latest ZIP (dated 3/24 so I am guessing this was from my last crash?) but it keeps saying it fails due to a missing security token?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

No Fullscreen ticked. Have tried to Alt+Enter trick as well. Have deleted the Options folder to ensure nothing was off there either.

No matter if I have Maxed settings or the Lowest settings, when I load in to the 104th mission at Kutaisi in the last Harrier slot I have 22-25 frames on the ground. When I take off I stay mostly at the same FPS unless I'm staring at the sky or I'm somewhere not populated with anything whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

On simple SP missions everything runs great.

Also, I have frequent "hangs" on the main screen when DCS first launches. The mouse cursor completely stops (in a loading mode) and the cursor will only move when outside of the DCS VR window.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Ah, another thing to note...when it's night time (i.e pitch black) I get much better frames in the 104th server.

There's a million other oddities about how DCS runs for me, but I think those are the main ones I've noticed.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Hoping someone from ED could take a look at my logs (attached) as I've tried everything over the last week or more and can't figure my performance issues out :(

I went from a pretty consistent 45FPS (VR) in 2.5 OB to out of nowhere being pegged to ~23-25FPS almost always in MP...and this is pretty much independent of me changing Shadow, MSAA, etc settings lower and lower. Really odd. I run SP fine, with the exception of missions that have a lot of units in them.

Can you please take a look and see if anything looks "off"? This is driving me mad. I've went as far as reinstalling DCS with no effect, I've cleaned and repaired with no effect, I've disabled all mods with no effect, I've deleted the fxo and metashaders numerous times with no effect, and tried a million other "tricks" people found...and nothing. People with much worse rigs than mine are running at much better performance.

I don't really have crashes. I've included the Log file, I tried to include the latest ZIP (dated 3/24 so I am guessing this was from my last crash?) but it keeps saying it fails due to a missing security token?

I play in VR and usually maintain a constant 45 FPS in this game. The reason you are not seeing any improvement no matter what you do is because it is being caused by the server side. I play on Through the Inferno constantly. I usually have 45 FPS, but when my FPS drops to 22 to 25 FPS it's because the server got busy. More people are connected. If it is also spawning more planes it has to track everything and this is slowing it all down. If you try playing local single player games your system should still be able to maintain 45 FPS for the most part.

Mine drops down to 25 FPS on single player campaigns that have too many units on the map.

I absolutely believe you're seeing something you can't fix right now. It needs optimization. But it is in Beta....

I play in VR and usually maintain a constant 45 FPS in this game. The reason you are not seeing any improvement no matter what you do is because it is being caused by the server side. I play on Through the Inferno constantly. I usually have 45 FPS, but when my FPS drops to 22 to 25 FPS it's because the server got busy. More people are connected. If it is also spawning more planes it has to track everything and this is slowing it all down. If you try playing local single player games your system should still be able to maintain 45 FPS for the most part.

Mine drops down to 25 FPS on single player campaigns that have too many units on the map.

I absolutely believe you're seeing something you can't fix right now. It needs optimization. But it is in Beta....

But others in VR that are on the server with me (in the same area, flying with a lesser PC) are able to maintain higher frames than me?

And up until about 2 weeks ago, I maintained those frames too. Then they dropped and haven't come back.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Is anything throttling CPU or GPU wise on your machine Buckeye? Maybe check temps to see if anything is higher than normal.

Negative buddy. I run HWMonitor all the time to keep an eye on things for my CPU/GPU usage and temps (plus RAM usage), and I run Process Lasso that tracks my RAM usage as well. Nothing appears to be throttling at all, my GPU is always running at 2000+ Core speed (I think I am OC'ed to 2085) and CPU is always at 4700 on the dot. Temps are VERY good, always very cool.

This morning before I headed in to the office I tried something different really quickly. Instead of deleting my Options folder I just renamed the existing one and then loaded up so DCS would create a new one (shouldn't be any different than me completely deleting it I wouldn't think? But I'm desperate)...things seemed to be better for me, but it was nighttime in the 104th mission so I couldn't really get a fully comparable read as I've always gotten better performance at night in Op Longbow (since this issue arose a couple 7-10 days ago). It gave me some cause for optimism but I need to verify further when I get back home tonight :thumbup:

Fingers crossed.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

is you hard disk full?

that can have quite drastic results on performance. especially with SSD.

i usually notice when an automatic update has pushed me over the 80% full limit.

i get stutters.

and i tend to keep it close to the limit because ssd are small.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

is you hard disk full?

that can have quite drastic results on performance. especially with SSD.

i usually notice when an automatic update has pushed me over the 80% full limit.

i get stutters.

and i tend to keep it close to the limit because ssd are small.

Initially thought that might've been it so I moved DCD over to a spare 250GB SSD by itself...didn't help.

Appreciate the suggestion though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

After the last Oculus update mine ran slow like yours. I updated to the latest Nvidia drivers for my 1080ti and presto... back to normal.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

TRY deleting max fps line from graphics.lua

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

There is a very noticeable decrease in FPS for me too with the latest DCS update compared to the one before they broke the missing buildings. What used to be 45 solid is now 30 and 22. Not good. I tried disabling DS and it is somewhat better but without DS there are no longer any ground shadows on buildings etc. Just an overall drop in performance at least in Nevada.

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Solved my issue by a series of random events and testings to try to rule things out as the cause.

The Exports.lua was the culprit, something to do with either SimShaker software and/or VoiceAttack,

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig: