Knobs very sensitive when controlled by joystick buttons

lmp

I'm using my twcs throttle HAT to control the right knobs and while this works well for moving the cursor on the map, switching pages is nearly impossible. A single short press of the button will move the knob several clicks.

Realising that it's being looked at but Just for info, setting rotaries pulse rate as low as 8ms, it's still way too sensitive and inoperable (on the rotary switch... screen mouse scroll is fine) ... none the less a great module bolt on...

SIGBLOCK.png

Knobs very sensitive when controlled by joystick buttons

Same here. The display has been exported on the external monitor and the cougar MFD is doing its job for controlling switches...except these L/R knobs.

I know the trick tweaking gain parameters in clickabledata file, and it definitely make the rotation slow, but it's still too fast at the minimum working value. Under the value the knobs won't rotate at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Seems like this function shouldn’t be controlled by the amount of time the button is pressed, but instead by the number of times the button is pressed. The real life 430 has a notch feeling in the knobs, so one notch equal one ‘click’ of movement so to speak.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

Seems like this function shouldn’t be controlled by the amount of time the button is pressed, but instead by the number of times the button is pressed. The real life 430 has a notch feeling in the knobs, so one notch equal one ‘click’ of movement so to speak.

But for those who want to use a button or hat switch, setting a waypoint could be a time consuming nightmare.

But for those who want to use a button or hat switch, setting a waypoint could be a time consuming nightmare.

Would a compromise be (for those who wish to use encoders) to add a function like ‘turn left outer knob one click’?

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

Would a compromise be (for those who wish to use encoders) to add a function like ‘turn left outer knob one click’?

We'll see what happens, with that in mind though it's hard to please everyone.

Leave it to the boffins :)

I think ABRIS in Ka-50 has the same issue. Never fixed.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I'm using my twcs throttle HAT to control the right knobs and while this works well for moving the cursor on the map, switching pages is nearly impossible. A single short press of the button will move the knob several clicks.

I've modded the NS430 default.lua to have the Right & Left, Large & Small rotary knobs output a single momentary pulse. Now getting errorless one:one responses from my rotary encoders. Should work with any type of controller input.

JSGME/OVGME ready.

GPS Rotary Encoder Fix.rar

Edited by Chic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

This works great Chic, thanks for doing the leg work on that!

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

I've modded the NS430 default.lua to have the Right & Left, Large & Small rotary knobs output a single momentary pulse. Now getting errorless one:one responses from my rotary encoders. Should work with any type of controller input.

JSGME/OVGME ready.

Thanks mate! This works great.

Glad its workin out. Thanks for the feedback guys.

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Any news about this?

Still can't assign knob incr. or decr. function to any button, or any keyboard key for that matter, cause it sends repeated pulses too fast to have one step for one key press...

I can say that it is known and on the drawing board :thumbup:

For the time being though there is a lovely lua script in this very thread somebody has made that will ease your troubles :joystick:

Edit: Dammit, and the lua file isn't on this thread and I don't know where it is, got you covered anyway though.

This is a link to the file in JSGME/OVGME format, or you can just drag, drop and replace if you want. I do not take credit for this, I just can't remember who exactly made it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c80qdjo17fcknxf/AABBQiWyHkffdX_1sOFZ9toPa?dl=0

Edited by ody81
Dammit!

I can say that it is known and on the drawing board :thumbup:

For the time being though there is a lovely lua script in this very thread somebody has made that will ease your troubles :joystick:

Edit: Dammit, and the lua file isn't on this thread and I don't know where it is, got you covered anyway though.

This is a link to the file in JSGME/OVGME format, or you can just drag, drop and replace if you want. I do not take credit for this, I just can't remember who exactly made it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c80qdjo17fcknxf/AABBQiWyHkffdX_1sOFZ9toPa?dl=0

Post #13.

Edited by Chic

JUST CHOPPERS

Sorry! I missed that completely. Some days... :helpsmilie:

Welcome to my world!

Thank you.

JUST CHOPPERS

Chic, whats happened to you mate, youve become a geek !!!!!!:geek:

Great job mate, keep it up !

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Nah, still a grunt.

My Man.

JUST CHOPPERS