ALE-47 CMDS Program Inhibit On Ground

Charly_Owl

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but I thought I'd take my chances and ask anyway.

I was flying in multiplayer the other day and both my wingman and myself realized that we could not select nor edit CMDS countermeasure profiles in the EW page while we were on the carrier. Is there a WoW inhibit that prevents you from editing these profiles while on ground IRL or is it a bug? We can edit these programs fine while in-air.

Master Arm was ON, Dispenser Switch was to ON (not bypass), and the RWR power switch was on.

You are correct, it should function on the ground. The WOW controls the ability to dispense, but most other functionality is available on deck. It is also not required for Mater Arm to be ON for the use of ALE-47, which is found in the same test section. Below is taken from A1-F18AE-760-200:

Table 1. ALE-47 Functional Test

(2) Press and release EW pushbutton switch.

(3) Press and release ALE-47 pushbutton switch.

(4) WITH DIGITAL DATACOMPUTER CONFIG/ IDENT 13C (A1-F18ACSCM-000), press and release C/F pushbutton switch.

(5) Press and release ARM pushbutton switch.

(6) Press and release CHAF pushbutton switch.

(7) Press and release FLAR pushbutton switch.

(8) Press and release OTH1 pushbutton switch.

(9) Press and release OTH2 pushbutton switch.

(10) Press and release RTN pushbutton switch.

(11) Verify ALE-47 expendable inventory status on all categories.

(12) Press and release PROG pushbutton switch.

(13) Press and release arrow pushbutton switches to select OTH1 BRST QTY value.

(14) Press and release UFC pushbutton switch.

It continues through the testing of programming and selecting of modes, and the use of the WOW box is not until later in the section, and all of those tests are done with weight ON wheels, and only dispensing is tested with simulated weight OFF wheels.

I can obviously provide all related information if requested.

Edited by Residual

• 5 months later...

Good to know this is not right... I'd very much prefer to be able to setup my dispenser programs while in the startup procedure. Enough time there to do so.

Just a guess, probably goes for the radar as well. It just shouldn't send out beams on the ground with WOW.

And the soft radar warning altitude on the HSI DATA A/C page... this always resets to 0 when I try to enter a value with WOW.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Good to know this is not right... I'd very much prefer to be able to setup my dispenser programs while in the startup procedure. Enough time there to do so.

AFAIK the problem has been acknowledged and will be rectified

Logic, or you can take my word for it, which is based off 500+ hours in the F/A-18 (not simulated)

• Dispenser switch ON (not BYPASS), weight on wheels: should be able to box PB8 ‘ALE47’ on the EW page, setup the programs etc. Nil expendables will be dispensed.

• Dispenser switch ON, weight off wheels: box ALE47, with PB19 ‘MODE’ in STBY (displayed under PB8 ), nil expendables will be dispensed with HOTAS/Sill switch actuation.

• Dispenser switch ON, weight off wheels, cycle PB19 until ‘MAN1’ displayed under PB19: flares and/or chaff dispensed IAW the program setup and HOTAS/Sill switch selection, regardless of master arm position.

The above is accurate for the real jet. I’m away and unable to check the DCS jet atm, but I wouldn’t bother contacting Boeing.

Thank you, sir! Your help is highly appreciated!

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yea, what's up with this not being fixed for 7+ months?

I still have an old "note" in my Startup Checklist to set this up after takeoff.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

[url=https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3300689/?sphrase_id=16155087][/url]

Yea, what's up with this not being fixed for 7+ months?

I still have an old "note" in my Startup Checklist to set this up after takeoff.

I found this it works perfectly and you can edit it to suit your taste. The only downer is you need to replace the file at each update.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3300689/?sphrase_id=16155087

Nobody likes me because I'm unsafe.