DCS 2.5 Lagging Problem.

Angelthunder

I recently downloaded DCS World 2.5 to my new Ibuypower Trace 940 gaming computer.It has Windows 10 with Intel I7 8th Gen core processor,Nvidia GTX 1060 4GB Graphics Card,16GB RAM and a 120GB SSD.I tried setting the graphics to low and medium,but it still has very bad FPS.Is my GPU not powerful enough to play it.

OK you say you have an 8th Gen but do not note which one,,ie,, 8700K..also is it Overclocked??

1060 with 4gb should be good which drivers do you use??

120GB SSD IS that just for the OS or only for DCS in other words what kind of drive is DCS installed on HDD,SSD,M.2 SSD??

Your GPU should be fine but I am thinking you have DCS installed on a Platter drive and your CPU is under par or not overclocked..

What resolution are you running at Please do not say 4K ;)

DCS is a Monster to Run.. ;)

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

You should try and find out your exact specifications for your PC, if you are not sure well then it is going to be hard to help you..

Telling me it is a 3.20 GHZ CPU is not telling me the model number which is important..

here is an example of my setup:

1. Intel i5 7600K @ 4.8GHZ Overclocked.. in DCS it really helps..

2. Asus 1080GTX 398.91 drivers..

3. MSI Z270 SLI Motherboard recent drivers..

4. 2 Samsung 960 M.2 SSD Driver Raid 0

5. 16GB Corsair memory 3600mhz Dual channel..

IF you are unsure of your specs you can either get a friend or try and use CPU-Z or similar to find out..

The C: drive is usually the main drive where the OS goes onto and other programs .. D: Drive could be a second drive for storage or other games and programs.. Now they could be 2 HDD meaning 2 separate drives or 1 drive that is partioned..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

You should try and find out your exact specifications for your PC, if you are not sure well then it is going to be hard to help you..

Telling me it is a 3.20 GHZ CPU is not telling me the model number which is important..

here is an example of my setup:

1. Intel i5 7600K @ 4.8GHZ Overclocked.. in DCS it really helps..

2. Asus 1080GTX 398.91 drivers..

3. MSI Z270 SLI Motherboard recent drivers..

4. 2 Samsung 960 M.2 SSD Driver Raid 0

5. 16GB Corsair memory 3600mhz Dual channel..

IF you are unsure of your specs you can either get a friend or try and use CPU-Z or similar to find out..

The C: drive is usually the main drive where the OS goes onto and other programs .. D: Drive could be a second drive for storage or other games and programs.. Now they could be 2 HDD meaning 2 separate drives or 1 drive that is partioned..

Ok,mine is a Intel I7 8700K processor and a MSI 1060GTX driver. I hope this helps a little bit.

I recently downloaded DCS World 2.5 to my new Ibuypower Trace 940 gaming computer.It has Windows 10 with Intel I7 8th Gen core processor,Nvidia GTX 1060 4GB Graphics Card,16GB RAM and a 120GB SSD.I tried setting the graphics to low and medium,but it still has very bad FPS.Is my GPU not powerful enough to play it.

What do you consider as "bad FPS"?

What are you willing to accept as playable?

Did you take the screen resolution into account (because lot's of people don't and have no clue what a different resolution means in terms of process power needed)?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

What do you consider as "bad FPS"?

What are you willing to accept as playable?

Did you take the screen resolution into account (because lot's of people don't and have no clue what a different resolution means in terms of process power needed)?

Thanks for the reply,I have a 1920 x 1080 64Hz monitor so I might try altering the different screen resolution in DCS World and see if that helps.

Should be no problem.

I'm running a i7 4770K (OC'd but that doesn't help that much) with a GTX780 with 3GB ram. Does the trick but since going from DCS 1.5 to 2.5, 60 FPS is hard to keep so i've settled for 30 FPS. Yours should do at least the same.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Thanks for the reply,I have a 1920 x 1080 64Hz monitor so I might try altering the different screen resolution in DCS World and see if that helps.

OK, do you have Vsync enabled ingame or in nVidia control panel?? Is your 8700 overclocked and are you running the XMP Profile for your memory in BIOS??

What are your FPS anyhow?? Also what drive is DCS installed on?? if it is a HDD Platter drive expect issues.. IF it is on a SSD it will help a bit but if you answer the previous questions that might help sort it out..

Edited by The_Nephilim

Thanks for the replies but now I have a new problem. I uninstalled DCS World a couple of days ago and downloaded it again. Now it says I don't have enough disk space in the downloaded folder and need 52045MB when only 50190 are available. What does this mean.:(

You may need to clear some space check for leftover files from DCS also in Saved games folder..

Okay,i just deleted the folders from the Saved Games folder.Should this help when i reinstall DCS World 2.5.

It should just check how much space you have on the drive you want to put DCS on.. there maybe other programs and such if you are not using on that drive as well..

Also check to see if DCS folder is gone from Program files folder..

It should just check how much space you have on the drive you want to put DCS on.. there maybe other programs and such if you are not using on that drive as well..

Also check to see if DCS folder is gone from Program files folder..

It's all gone,i have 49GB left of 110GB left on my SSD.

Well with all the maps and most of the planes it is 134 GB, Which maps did you install all or one? basically you do not have enough room on the drive for the installation. you need to free up more space??

AS I said previous message what other programs are on that SSD that you can remove?? IS this SSD Only for games or is the OS on there too??

Edited by The_Nephilim

Well with all the maps and most of the planes it is 134 GB, Which maps did you install all or one? basically you do not have enough room on the drive for the installation. you need to free up more space??

AS I said previous message what other programs are on that SSD that you can remove?? IS this SSD Only for games or is the OS on there too??

I only have just the Caucasus map and the Windows OS is on the SSD too. The D driver is the HDD drive.

Well if it is a 120gb drive and DCS takes 50 that should leave 70GB for the OS, how much room does the OS take up?

My Windows take about 20GB, you must have something else taking up space on that drive..

Well if it is a 120gb drive and DCS takes 50 that should leave 70GB for the OS, how much room does the OS take up?

My Windows take about 20GB, you must have something else taking up space on that drive..

I had 49GB left on the SSD, probably from downloading Windows updates that added more MBs to my drive. So I had to uninstall some programs to make room. I still have lagging with just the Caucasus Map and the free aircraft, for example the buttons on the TF-51 take a minute to click on and the AI aircraft lag when taking off or landing and the canopy of the Mustang takes forever to close and open.

You may want to look into tweaking your PC that means Overclock the CPU and check to see if you have a XMP Profile loaded on your RAM in the BIOS if applicable..

I would also check your Pagefile. also if you can post a picture of both your Video card settings and in game DCS Settings..

You may want to look into tweaking your PC that means Overclock the CPU and check to see if you have a XMP Profile loaded on your RAM in the BIOS if applicable..

I would also check your Pagefile. also if you can post a picture of both your Video card settings and in game DCS Settings..

Where do I find the XMP profile located in the Windows 10 drive and by Video Card settings,do you mean the Nvidia control panel.:huh: I'm not very tech savvy when it comes to computers.

Well if you are not very tech savy I would not recommend doing those things.. Do you have a friend that could help you??

The XMP Profile is set in BIOS as would the Overclock to be setup in BIOS..

it is the best option but if you do not have a K model don't worry about it.. I been running my Kaby lake since it came out @4.8 and have no issues if you get a good cooling system there is not much to worry about..

try posting your settings of DCS and nVidia Control panel.. also what is your power saving setting?? here lets try this

Go Get Speccy it is a program that will give me a link to show me your specifications. you can DL it on the web just google "speccy" and then once you install it run the program then goto File then Publish Snapshot then post the link here I will look at your specs..

https://filehippo.com/download_speccy

there are tons of things we can tweak if you want we can give it a shot.. but first post your Speccy snapshot..

nvcp.PNG.f502000241f4418c36e73df8598fa47a.PNG

nvcp2.PNG.ec397b5167610b598b906f6686c2624c.PNG

1328447007_DCSOptions.thumb.PNG.da6756ae0e2e3cc5e3adaa3d9bd7aff8.PNG

Edited by The_Nephilim

After reading about overclocking the processor,I think that may not be the best option since it comes with overheating to possibly destroying it. Is there any better options to fix it.

Your system is not to bad, just don't expect massive FPS/eye candy here. If your not tech savvy and not interested? Then going down the overclocking route is not a good idea. It is OK to bump up the CPU a little 10% to get that bit better performance, to go higher you need aftermarket cooling. My CPU is water cooled and can go to 5Ghz the standard boost is 4.5 anyway. She can hold a constant 4.8GHz easily.

Your PC can boost auto to 4.6 and it's not the K version so is limited for overclocking anyway. Start by setting the Nvidia settings to performance and DCS to Mid settings and go from there. I use custom setting under the Manage 3D settings in the "Nvidia control panel" seen below, you can takeoff or force many graphics options there, it's all a compromise between FPS and eye candy tho.

"Right click" a clear space on the desktop, select "Nvidia control panel"

attachment.php?attachmentid=192776&stc=1&d=1535423539

Start with "Use my preference"= performance or just use balance for now and slowly bring up the eye candy in DCS options and Nvidia control panel until to YOU find the balance OK with you and your system. Many here including me have spent big dollars on our PC for flight sims, as this is our hobby and flight sims are one if not the hardest things that can run on a home PC so it's still always a balance especially for VR or 4K, I still run 1440P to have more FPS (70+) than to have 4K eye candy.

EDIT: I will also add that I sometimes pullback my settings some to play larger VR missions so I can stay at 45 FPS, so even the missions can affect eye candy FPS and playability.

Nvidia.thumb.jpg.607a4c231ab1ce9fe4271626aa22f14f.jpg

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

it is the best option but if you do not have a K model don't worry about it.. I been running my Kaby lake since it came out @4.8 and have no issues if you get a good cooling system there is not much to worry about..

try posting your settings of DCS and nVidia Control panel.. also what is your power saving setting?? here lets try this

Go Get Speccy it is a program that will give me a link to show me your specifications. you can DL it on the web just google "speccy" and then once you install it run the program then goto File then Publish Snapshot then post the link here I will look at your specs..

https://filehippo.com/download_speccy

there are tons of things we can tweak if you want we can give it a shot.. but first post your Speccy snapshot..

Okay,but the Nvidia control panel doesn't show up because the display is not connected to the GPU.
Edited by Angelthunder
Erasing a sentence