Multiple actions on one switch?

I'm looking to make a light switch, I want to put all of my lights on one toggle switch. Because my chosen hobby has led me to need multiple functions on one switch. To simply have three switches to control all the lighting is beyond my means. And so despite my years of engineering school, my hours of learning how to make computers compute, the thing that has bested me is making all the lights come on, with one switch.

Though, upon rumination, do I just go into the control files and manually assign the controls or will DCS freak the F-----15 out?

Light the tires kick the fires!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Game controls don't allow you use an button for more than one command - in IL-2:G.Battles can use up to 3 commands and in IL-2: CLoD can use the same button in different commands category, but not in the same.

So you need an external keymapper, probable with pause/delay function like Joystick Gremlin or XPadder, for achieve what you want.

Oh yeah I remember Xpadder, that program was awesome. Oh wait, I'm gonna program this thing with MMjoy. Farther down the road I'll look into programming multiple functions that way.

Also I love me a good modifier key. I use the hell out of them on my current HOTAS. However for this case, a modifier wouldn't work.

Light the tires kick the fires!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I use one switch to tun taxi lights on/off and the same +modifier for landing lights, for example. The only switches on dcs that screw with me are the global ones (vr zoom, scroll), since they override the modifiers. What about getting a small button box? I have a Derek Speare FLT1 and it is awesome to control all the lights: http://derekspearedesigns.com/dsd-flight---flt1flt2.html

I'm looking to make a light switch, I want to put all of my lights on one toggle switch. Because my chosen hobby has led me to need multiple functions on one switch. To simply have three switches to control all the lighting is beyond my means. And so despite my years of engineering school, my hours of learning how to make computers compute, the thing that has bested me is making all the lights come on, with one switch.

Though, upon rumination, do I just go into the control files and manually assign the controls or will DCS freak the F-----15 out?

This requires the creation of a macro - same structure as used for the auto-start and auto-stop functionality. I have created such macros for F-5E, A-10C, Ka-50 and F/A-18 and I have written a how-to document on the subject. It's not simple! If you are looking at the F-15 though, I'm sorry but I have not found the file "Macro_sequencies.lua" for Flaming Cliffs.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

VoiceAttack allows you to as many key functions as you want to a single button/switch.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 2 weeks later...
Game controls don't allow you use an button for more than one command - in IL-2:G.Battles can use up to 3 commands and in IL-2: CLoD can use the same button in different commands category, but not in the same.

So you need an external keymapper, probable with pause/delay function like Joystick Gremlin or XPadder, for achieve what you want.

Thrustmaster Target does this easily by chaining commands together like the pic attached if you are using Thrustmaster stuff. Target is their keymapper. Sokol1_br may have a better answer depending on your hardware.

multi.png.f4870fd6fad1e5e77eea58cd066f9c7a.png

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth