High end PC case & Motherboard... Recommendations?

OT: pfff... Looking at all these suggestions about sli rtx 2080ti's, i9 9900k etc... It feels like I'm the only mortal, non-millionaire, here :cry:

Well, the thread specifically called out "High end"

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Well, the thread specifically called out "High end"

Ok, I get it, sorry for disrupting the topic

(was kinda meant as a joke actually)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Ok, I get it, sorry for disrupting the topic

(was kinda meant as a joke actually)

No apology needed. I didn't mean to come off as snarky. So my apologies if it came across that way. I forgot to add the smiley emoji! :D

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Top tier - best world VRM : Asrock z370 taichi - Asus maximum X code and HERO, - MSI z370 godlike .

Best value for price : Asrock z370 taichi

The taichi has no rgb "crap" appart from a small rgb light which can be turned off, it is a super-solid motherboard, easy as hell to overclock, I myself running a 8700k @5.ghz , the ram can be overclclocked at 4266 mhz and it has one of the best VRM capablity along with 12 overclock phases, it has the best value/money ratio.

Best 2018 case : Fractal design R6 ( there is a no glass-side panel which cost even less,)

I noticed your sig your cpu cooler is a Noctua NH-D15.

Did you have any problems with the duel fans on that monster obscuring any RAM slots or Graphics slot?

I noticed your sig your cpu cooler is a Noctua NH-D15.

Did you have any problems with the duel fans on that monster obscuring any RAM slots or Graphics slot?

hi, I have no problems for ram, you can easily adjust the fan height on the cooler body , in my case the ram are of course covered by the fan but that's not a problem, the heatsink on the NH-D15 is specifically designed to not interfere with ram slots.

No issues with regards to the graphic card slot, i also have space to put my sounblaster zxr on the pci-1x slot as well.

As for the NH.D15 itself, just look at the benchmarks on speciliazed websites and you will see that it's still better than most of the AIO liquid cooler.

On my end with a 8700k@5.0 ghz 1.32vcore , under stress while gaming I have max temps of 55°-60°C, in idle temps remain at abt 30-32 C°.

Edited by Goa

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Might as well wait a few weeks for the 9900k.

Yeah that is kind of my thoughts also.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I agree with the recommendation from GOA, I run almost the same config. Minor difference in graphics card manufacturer. I use water cooling but no opinion either way on which is best, I have always used Noctua fans before and they are superb.

I run DCS in VR with very satisfactory results. If you do purchase the Taichi then don't be in too big a rush to upgrade the BIOS as one of them, I will need to check which version, reduces the SSD performance.

GOA, if you are reading this i wouldn't mind seeing your overclock settings in your BIOS to get the stable 5.0 Ghz.

i7 8700k @ 4.9 Ghz, MB Asrock Taichi, 32 Meg DDR4, Nvidia GTX 1080TI, Samsung SSD 960 Pro M2.

"The Royal Air Force has a reputation for the delivery of agile, adaptable and capable Air Power".

Top tier - best world VRM : Asrock z370 taichi - Asus maximum X code and HERO, - MSI z370 godlike .

Best value for price : Asrock z370 taichi

The taichi has no rgb "crap" appart from a small rgb light which can be turned off, it is a super-solid motherboard, easy as hell to overclock, I myself running a 8700k @5.ghz , the ram can be overclclocked at 4266 mhz and it has one of the best VRM capablity along with 12 overclock phases, it has the best value/money ratio.

Best 2018 case : Fractal design R6 ( there is a no glass-side panel which cost even less,)

Hi Goa,

Ive decided to go for the Asrock z370 Taichi MB.

Ive read from other owners that sometimes the board doesn't like some types of ram.

Can you tell me the exact specs for your Ram (GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz) I plan only 16gb at present.

Don't want to spend £200 on ram to find it incompatible with the Taichi!

Thanks.

If you do purchase the Taichi then don't be in too big a rush to upgrade the BIOS as one of them, I will need to check which version, reduces the SSD performance.

GOA, if you are reading this i wouldn't mind seeing your overclock settings in your BIOS to get the stable 5.0 Ghz.

Thanks for the bios tip.

I’d also be interested in the overclock settings

The Asrock Z370 Taichi has no QVL. Maybe you can find something else. Gigabytes AORUS Gaming 5, Asus Prime Z370-A or better.

that's a joke ? no DRAM QVL ??

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

that's a joke ? no DRAM QVL ??

Well I hope it's a joke and not posting "fake news" Feck Me I'd never heard that phrase 2 years ago.

Yes they do have DRAM QVL. Must admit I couldn't find it on an I phone. Found it quickly on the PC.

Ordered G skill 16Gb (for now) @ 3600. The QVL says it will work. Fingers crossed. (PC parts picker = yes also

)

Any advise for my 1st PC build? I'm not new to PC components. Ive changed Absolutely Everything in a PC except the MB. Most things are a piece of piss. The most daunting a psu change. But that was easy because I had the old leads in place. Simply swap old for new. Easy!

This time its a new case & new MB. Whole different mind set for me. Apprehensive, worried.

To make matters worse..... The most expensive component has not arrived when it should have (1080TI) Feck Me! (and i paid extra for next day del) Worry, worry worry. But at the end of the day it's only a 1st world worry I tell myself. But it make no difference. Some feckers stolen it, is whats going though my mind. :mad:

Good job I run each PC I own into the ground before I upgrade.

Edited by Novac-185th