How do you load profiles in hornet? Nothing seems to save.

bloomstomb

Hello , Im having several issues. Just got hornet and wow! Using it with rift really looks incredible.

Right now im just trying to set up controls. I got 2 lua files for joystick and hotas (t16000m) and I would like to use them. Im just not sure how. Its not intuitive. I moved the files to the fa18 folder in mods directory and was able to select the lua file in load profile but it does nothing. None of the controls show up (or work).

I have steam version.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have.

Also I started trying to manually add controls and for zoom in and zoom out, I would like to assign t16000m hotas joystick z axis. However when I press the z axis (either + or -) dcs does not detect it. It does detect when I press buttons.

Edited by bloomstomb

There are not that many commands, I would link to the said files so others may be able to help knowing what the files are. Are they saved joystick files?

Is it this one? https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301213/

If so you will still need to set axis and make a Modifier button for that profile. Click into the throttle field and load that control etc.

Take a look at the thread linked below and video for setup of the hornet, not that many commands to set, 5 minutes and you might want to have a play with adding a Modifier button and other actions to suit you. Print out a drawing and write in pencil what commands are where so you can remember where you put things while learning and coming up with a control set that will suit you.

F/A-18C Hornet Controls Setup Guide Video

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I just wanted to say I figured out the problem. Because Im using rift, the conventional zooms dont work. (I tested this without rift and it works fine). Something to do with fov which is fixed in vr. Found a vr zoom (ran across it on a search) so thats a good workaround for zooming .

Edited by bloomstomb

You can reset the keyboard VR zoom command or bind them with or without a modifier to your controls, you need to add the modifier button to the VR UI layer also if using one with zoom. This is also where you can add left and right mouse clicks if you want to look and click, not for me tho, if you want to try, there is an option for this under the VR options tab.

attachment.php?attachmentid=184352&d=1526102698

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Hey thank you. Just out of curiosity, (I see that you are using rift), what recomendations would you have to what I should assign the RZ axis on the throttle ? Its a really cool control that I used alot in elite dangerous. All the profiles Ive seen have this axis assigned to zoom (which I cant). I was thinking rudders since i dont have any and not a fan of the twist

Edited by bloomstomb

I think I would go with rudders on the throttle in your case. I would grab some pedals at some point if you can. I'm only using a cheap set of saitek combat rudder pedals for now.