Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Just got kicked out 6 times in a row before I could even take off. Decided to just give up. I see that people are doing a trace and saying it has something to do with where things are being routed but if that's the case, why wasn't it this bad in all the previous rounds? It's never been this bad.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

Just got kicked out 6 times in a row before I could even take off. Decided to just give up. I see that people are doing a trace and saying it has something to do with where things are being routed but if that's the case, why wasn't it this bad in all the previous rounds? It's never been this bad.

routes change. peers change. link capacity changes. That is why. :)

"The Internet" is not that everything connected to everything thing you are usually made to believe. Its definitely the cogent part, if your traffic is going through that network.

Tried to use the VPN service of my uni, but unfortunately they are oply providing VPN access to their internal net. :DD

And yeah I already gave up as well, there is no point to fight a flawed connection.

Edited by microvax
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

what is cogent? And in which country is their network center?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

routes change. peers change. link capacity changes. That is why. :)

"The Internet" is not that everything connected to everything thing you are usually made to believe. Its definitely the cogent part, if your traffic is going through that network.

Tried to use the VPN service of my uni, but unfortunately they are oply providing VPN access to their internal net. :DD

And yeah I already gave up as well, there is no point to fight a flawed connection.

Thanks for the explanation. It's become unplayable for me. I've literally spent more time joining, getting disconnected before I can takeoff and trying to reconnect than actually getting up in the air. I think I got a total of two flights in while trying to connect ALL day since this morning until 10pm tonight. I hope they are willing to move the server to someplace more stable.

On top of it all, I'd be surprised if this round isn't over by tonight or sometime tomorrow. This setup has things so lopsided that Red has over run Blue in about 3 days. I'd hate to have it end and have to wait another month for this.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

Well the only issues I had so far were 15-20 fps on landing on that one airfield where there were 10 smoking things at the same time (afaik that was reason for fps drop) and some warping of other aircraft (2 times, once a bandit just disappeared, another time I saw a friendly Mirage smoke trail (it was damaged) going zigzagging...)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I was trying the server yesterday aswell and within 1 hour had two disconnects which can be really annoying when you just spend time alligning the Mirage and setting up the flight plan just to be disconnected while taxiing to the runway (not only me, there were 43 people on the server, when i checked the server just seconds after my disconnect there were only 8 people remaining on the server).

Useless to try, not worth the time 'n' frustration that comes after it.

Last night I had multiple disconns and 2 special disconns like 30min downrange in the Mi-8 taking a FARP when the Pop-Up comes...DCS has crashed....due to disconn.

Utmost frustrating, a friend was watching me trying to play and asked me how silly we are even trying this as adult men...LoL but he's true !

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Madness is when you try the same thing over and over again and expect different results.. :)

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

On top of it all, I'd be surprised if this round isn't over by tonight or sometime tomorrow. This setup has things so lopsided that Red has over run Blue in about 3 days. I'd hate to have it end and have to wait another month for this.

I don't think the setup is lopsided. The numbers are more even this round, and on average have thus far favored Redfor more.

• Like 1

(Secretly hoping the only way to fix the instability, is Mig-21 vs F-5E & only transport helis "setup")

((Maybe even, to have REDFOR start out in the South and let BLUFOR try and protect Beslan/Nalchik for once))

xD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

(Secretly hoping the only way to fix the instability, is Mig-21 vs F-5E & only transport helis "setup")

((Maybe even, to have REDFOR start out in the South and let BLUFOR try and protect Beslan/Nalchik for once))

xD

I keep suggesting f5 v 21 but they don't seem interested.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

I don't think the setup is lopsided. The numbers are more even this round, and on average have thus far favored Redfor more.

I've been on everyday since it started back up, all day until late evening. Twice I've seen close numbers, most of the time it's been 2-1 or worse.

The year is X before the Hornet. Caucasus is entirely occupied by the RED. Well, not entirely...

One small area of indomitable BLUES still holds out against the invaders. And life is not easy for the RED pilots who garrison the FARPS of Beslan/Tbilisi and Kutaisi/Tbilisi ... [free after Asterix and Obelix]

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Been playing Blueflag now for 2 nights and the Blue team has been greatly pushed back. Problem is, last night I think I counted 6 or 7 disconnects between 1700 and 2030 Z. Also seems whenever you are just about to get something done it disconnects... makes it really hard for blue team to capture anything.

Has anyone got any real explanation on this? Surely an event of this caliber should be held on a server that can actually support the planned operation? I mean, tonight on TS people were half-jokingly convinced it's a red side spy conveniently DDOS:ing the server whenever a red FARP was under attack... I don't like to believe such claims without real evidence, so I assume it happened on both sides...

I'd say, either get the server stable with what ever means necessary, or call BlueFlag Round 9 cancelled. There is unfortunately no point in flying if all you get to do is set up your loadout and do interior preflight.

And don't get me wrong, I've never had this much fun flying sims when it works... but now it seems most of the time it doesn't.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

This is certainly turning into a more pay to play for the server. I like it. Prevents the hop oners and those that don't know any form of organization.

Donations sounds more better, Some of us dont have the money to pay to play, Hence why i dropped PS4 and and never used an Xbox :)

Been playing Blueflag now for 2 nights and the Blue team has been greatly pushed back. Problem is, last night I think I counted 6 or 7 disconnects between 1700 and 2030 Z. Also seems whenever you are just about to get something done it disconnects... makes it really hard for blue team to capture anything.

Has anyone got any real explanation on this? Surely an event of this caliber should be held on a server that can actually support the planned operation? I mean, tonight on TS people were half-jokingly convinced it's a red side spy conveniently DDOS:ing the server whenever a red FARP was under attack... I don't like to believe such claims without real evidence, so I assume it happened on both sides...

I'd say, either get the server stable with what ever means necessary, or call BlueFlag Round 9 cancelled. There is unfortunately no point in flying if all you get to do is set up your loadout and do interior preflight.

And don't get me wrong, I've never had this much fun flying sims when it works... but now it seems most of the time it doesn't.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

I am praying this get this figured out soon. It sucks waiting a month to fly this, just to get on and lost 3 of your 4 lives to the server dying, not to mention is looks like this round could be over any minutes already. Well, I'm off to wait 4 hours to get lives back so I can lose them to server crashes again. lol

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

Just because you aren't able to fly doesn't mean the round should be canceled for others.

Also, have you not followed the thread at all? There are many posts from players from all sides having connection issues. microvax (a RED player) went into great detail on where the problem is. Perform a traceroute, and see if you have a hop through Cogent. If you do, then you're likely to continue having connection woes till Cogent addresses the issue on their end.

If you pay for a VPN service you might be able to connect through their various different servers to attempt to get a route which doesn't go through Cogent. No guarantee though.

I am praying this get this figured out soon. It sucks waiting a month to fly this, just to get on and lost 3 of your 4 lives to the server dying, not to mention is looks like this round could be over any minutes already. Well, I'm off to wait 4 hours to get lives back so I can lose them to server crashes again. lol

This is how we win wars comrade! We throw lives at the problem. :thumbup:

Everybody's talking about the balance. Compared to the last round it's a bit better. I'm more concerned about all the bugs we have! It's not fun any more. The game crashes all the time. If this is fixed on friday, any chance we could simply restart the round? I only managed to have a few sorties without my game crashing. Spending too much time on only trying to get started -___-

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Well if the BS team would actually pay for a server that most people don't have a 350 ping to things may be solved.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

Explanation anything buddyspike can do stuff about is fine. Its pretty much in the middle between player ISP and their ISP. So, yee, Not sure who is even to blame if anyone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?