The Ultimate DCS World JSGME Guide - If you use mods, you need this.

Ebs

• 5 weeks later...

ok folks, I was a big nubcake and because I wasn't paying attention, I made JSGME use the wrong directory (I:\program files\eagle dynamics\dcs world\mods). Any Idea how to change it?

Asrock z68 Extreme4Gen3

Intel i5-2500K

8GB ram

EVGA GTX 770 4GB

Creative Recon3d Fatality Champion

HDD's

320 GB Maxtor 7200RPM (OS and misc system files)

1 TB Hitachi 7200 RPM (games and music, storage)

64 GB Sandisk u100 SSD (Star Wars and DCS world 1.2.7)

Trackir 4

Saitek X65F:joystick:

Saitek X52 (Use flightstick for helo and WWII Sims, but X65 throttle)

CH Pro pedals

Thrustmaster MFD's

Logitech X5500 Speakers

Sennheiser PC360 Headphones

Win 7 Home Premium (64 Bit)

ok folks, I was a big nubcake and because I wasn't paying attention, I made JSGME use the wrong directory (I:\program files\eagle dynamics\dcs world\mods). Any Idea how to change it?

Delete any jsgme file in dcs directory. Make new folder and run jsgme :thumbup:

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Modman is a thing of the past now.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Ok, since 1.2.8 I have not been able to install any mods.

I am absolutely baffled. I have deleted everything JSGME related I could find and redoing everything from scratch twice now, still to no avail. It's just not running any of the mods.

Did 1.2.8 screw something up?

Strange, the auto-updater (as long as I deactivate my mods first) doesn't even touch JSGME, and has been fine over many versions.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

I have had absolutely no problems with it for a long time. Now it just suddenly decided not to work after my OS reinstall.

I did the same installation as always, twice now. Tried deleting all JSGME settings and going from scratch but still nothing. All the mods show up in the window, I can activate and deactivate as if everything is OK, but when I go in game, none of them are on.

It's the oddest thing...

After installing the RAE RWR mod, I just can't go back to the stock RWR sounds anymore.

I have had absolutely no problems with it for a long time. Now it just suddenly decided not to work after my OS reinstall.

I did the same installation as always, twice now. Tried deleting all JSGME settings and going from scratch but still nothing. All the mods show up in the window, I can activate and deactivate as if everything is OK, but when I go in game, none of them are on.

It's the oddest thing...

After installing the RAE RWR mod, I just can't go back to the stock RWR sounds anymore.

Do you have multiple DCS installations (i.e. open beta and regular)? If so, are you sure, the mods are applied to the correct installation you are actually using? Iirc, it applies the mods to the "current directory" (check properties of the windows shortcut) and also uses the .INI-file there to find the mod-repository.

Yes. I had two different JSGME shortcuts for both the regular and betas running at the same time without a hitch before.

I even went so far as to uninstalling the beta, and deleting the JSGME for that too. The shortcut is definitely the right one, because JSGME is recognizing that the mods are all there. I can activate and deactivate them all as I please.

Interesting, got a link to that mod?

EDIT: Found it.

Edited by Blaze

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Hi.

All mods I want to use are in partition D of my harddrive.

I copy them in _MODS directory - that's ok.

JSGME takes backup of original files into its own folder and copies my mod files into DCS World.

So, at result, we have many copies of same files in same game folder. In my opinion, by this method, same files allocated too many space in one partition (especially if you use SSD with limited size). Isn't that unnecessary?

I don't want this. Instead, can I keep all mod files and folder in partition D, and how can I get JSGME managed them from partition D? - I'm sorry for my English - I hope I can tell my problem.

Edited by Devrim

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I have 3 JSGME installs and mods on my D drive for 3 different sims. The way to do it is using Symbolic Links for the _Mods folder.

Basically set up is as follows:

Follow the instructions in the first post, except when you get to step 4, create the _Mods folder in the D folder that you have JSGME installed to. (I'm going to use D:\DCS_JSGME as an example).

Follow the instructions for creating a symbolic link from D:\DCS_JSGME\_Mods to C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\

This will create what looks like an _Mods directory in the DCS World folder.

This will make the PC think the _Mods is in the DCS directory when in reality all the files are stored on the D drive under the D:\DCS_JSGME\_Mods directory.

Follow the rest of post 1's directions to complete the install.

Whenever you download and store a mod, you will put the files in D:\DCS_JSGME\_Mods.

Everything else works just like before.

Hope this helps.

Edited by txmtb

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

OOOOOooookkkkkkk

I figured out my problem.

See to save time and money, i never did delete my old DCS WORLD folder from my installation drive. So when I reformated my PC and reinstalled the game, I pointed towards the DCS world folder for it to install to.

Unfortunately, what it actually did, was install DCS WORLD, into the DCS world folder, and added ANOTHER DCS WORLD folder in there where the game was RE installed. So I basically had two instances of installation files...

Sooooooo Now I have to start deleting things and redirecting files and shortcuts, but it seems that this is where things went sideways.

How do I easily go about uninstalling my existing mods before switching to JSGME? When I installed previously, I just dragged/dropped and replaced the existing file. Should I just uninstall and then reinstall the game clean?

Current mods I have running:

-Clouds and Sky v5.09

-PeterP SweetFX

-F15C Sound Mod 2.0

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Could always try a repair, not sure if it will work or not.

SweetFX is the only one from your list that does not modify files already in DCS World.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Could always try a repair, not sure if it will work or not.

SweetFX is the only one from your list that does not modify files already in DCS World.

Great, thanks. Do most just start from scratch with a fresh install when they move to using JSGME?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I didn't, but I kept the copies of the files that the mod replaced so I could just put them back. Think I moved everything to JSGME with a fresh install when 1.2.7 was out.

• Like 1

Alright, so I have gotten most of it up and running...just have a few final questions.

1) For something like SweetFX, can I manage this through JSGME? If so, how? Would I just dump the "bin" folder from PeterP's settings?

2) For mods like PeterP's reworked cockpit views that go into the C:\Users\>YOUR USERNAME<\Saved Games\DCS\ directory, how would I manage those through JSGME? Or is that something I need to do separately?

3) Within JSGME, can I "rename" the folder to something meaningful to me? For example, I want to rename the Bazar folder to the name of the mod when searching User Files.

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

You can manage everything you mentioned except for the cockpit views. I se that mod and if I want to turn it off I just rename the files the server.bak and SnapViews.bak and it won't load them.

Within the directory that you have made JSGME keep your mods in (_Mods) you can name the first directory level whatever you want. That will show as the name of the mod in JSGME.

The next directory level down will be what is installed in /DCS World. So those directories need to match DCS exactly.

Here's what my JSGME _Mods folder structure looks like for SweetFX:

You can manage everything you mentioned except for the cockpit views. I se that mod and if I want to turn it off I just rename the files the server.bak and SnapViews.bak and it won't load them.

Within the directory that you have made JSGME keep your mods in (_Mods) you can name the first directory level whatever you want. That will show as the name of the mod in JSGME.

The next directory level down will be what is installed in /DCS World. So those directories need to match DCS exactly.

Here's what my JSGME _Mods folder structure looks like for SweetFX:

You are the f*king man, thanks for all the help dude!

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...