Is there any support here?

Ifikratis

Hi all,

I bought the Huey yesterday and discovered multiple problems with textures:

1) The cockpit colors look dull and washed out when light is directly shining on them

2) The cockpit illumination is wrong. There is light coming from the back of the aircraft through the fuselage and illuminates the panel. The fuselage does not cast shadow on the instrument panels.

3) The beacon light is flashing in the cockpit

4) Their is no glass visible inside or outside. Or there is glass without texture.

5) The tail has different finish than the rest of the fuselage. The fuselage is more shinny.

Now, you may ask why the aggressive title of my thread? I will tell you why.

I bought the module and when I realized the problems I went to this forum and in the bugs department and realized that many if not all of them are already posted for some months, some of them even from 2017! Then, I really became worried and what I did next was to send a support ticket explaining the situation and asking for a refund. The answer I got was the following:

" We cannot make a refund in this case. You have to discuss your opinion in our forum:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=263 "

So, what DCS is telling me, is in other words "we don't care if you just paid for it and the textures are broken. Share you opinion in the forums." Seriously ?????

If the developer is watching this, can he provide me with a proper answer?

Edited by Ifikratis

| JF-16 Thunder | F-16C Viper | F-14A/B Tomcat | F/A-18C Hornet | AV-8B N/A Harrier II | AJS-37 Viggen | M-2000C | F-5E Tiger II | A-10C Watrhog | F-86F Sabre | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer | MiG-21bis | FC3 | L-39 Albatros | C-101 Aviojet | SA342 Gazelle | Mi-24P Hind | Mi-8MTV2 | UH-1H Huey | Ka-50 Black Shark |  P-51D Mustang | P-47 Thunderbolt | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw 190 A-8 | Fw 190 D-9 Dora | Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst | Yak-52 | I-16 | Christen Eagle II | Persian Gulf Map | Nevada Test and Training Range | Normandy 1944 | Syria Map | Channel Map | NS 430

2) The cockpit illumination is wrong. There is light coming from the back of the aircraft through the fuselage and illuminates the panel. The fuselage does not cast shadow on the instrument panels.

3) The beacon light is flashing in the cockpit

Bug know from similarly situation on others modules, on progress to fix.

Hello @Silver_Dragon. Thank you for the reply. Apologies for not knowing you but are you working for Belsimtek ? I really need a reassuring answer from the developer of the module. As I said, these issues are reported for months in the bug section and they have no reply from any developer.

Edited by Ifikratis

| JF-16 Thunder | F-16C Viper | F-14A/B Tomcat | F/A-18C Hornet | AV-8B N/A Harrier II | AJS-37 Viggen | M-2000C | F-5E Tiger II | A-10C Watrhog | F-86F Sabre | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer | MiG-21bis | FC3 | L-39 Albatros | C-101 Aviojet | SA342 Gazelle | Mi-24P Hind | Mi-8MTV2 | UH-1H Huey | Ka-50 Black Shark |  P-51D Mustang | P-47 Thunderbolt | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw 190 A-8 | Fw 190 D-9 Dora | Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst | Yak-52 | I-16 | Christen Eagle II | Persian Gulf Map | Nevada Test and Training Range | Normandy 1944 | Syria Map | Channel Map | NS 430

Hello @Silver_Dragon. Thank you for the reply. Apologies for not knowing you but are you working for Belsimtek ? I really need a reassuring answer from the developer of the module. As I said, these issues are reported for months in the bug section and they have no reply from any developer.

He's not a dev, but a very active community member who maintains the unofficial roadmap thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The one you show in this video is minuscule compared to what happens on the Huey. Take a look at these:

LGhcb55.jpg

9dGe7CX.jpg

And again, what worries me is not that there are bugs, is that I see no-one from the developer's side to comment and acknowledge that they will be fixed. The post you are referring to was made in January.

I'm not going to leave this. I paid full price for a module that has bugged textures and no support?

The guy who replied to my support ticket (I can name him if required) told me that I should contact the developer through this forums. So, if the developer does not reply on these forums, who is responsible to give support?

Edited by Ifikratis

The process of adapting the former textures of the older modules to the new PBR system is very long in the time needed to do so.

There are some info about new cockpit textures for the A-10C, Ka-50, P-51 and Mig-29 and im sure the Huey and other modules will get the textures update sooner or later.

Just wait until then flying and enjoying the Huey if you can.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

The process of adapting the former textures of the older modules to the new PBR system is very long in the time needed to do so.

There are some info about new cockpit textures for the A-10C, Ka-50, P-51 and Mig-29 and im sure the Huey and other modules will get the textures update sooner or later.

Just wait until then flying and enjoying the Huey if you can.

Thanks for the reply. I understand that and I could wait until its updated if I had the reassurance that this is going to happen for the Huey. If it happens in a year, I'd rather use this money to buy something else. I want to see a developer writing here about his plans for the Huey. I can't just wait and have faith that sometime in the distant future we'll see an update, when he doesn't even care to write a thread here about his plans. If the textures are broken and there is no reassurance of fixing them from the developer how fair and ethical is of them is to accept my money and give no refunds after having no answer to when its fixed? An official answer of "share your opinion with the forums" is just unacceptable.

Edited by Ifikratis

Well the textures update process is official. ED has said that in this forums.

The time needed, i really dont know.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I have to agree with the original poster here. I love DCS, I really do ... but indeed there are tons of bugs in the shadow. Also there are mostly no reply to any bugs posted in the support forum.

So I agree that there is tons of work to be done, but a proper bug reporting/update system need to be put in place.

Some people could be fine with buying modules that are really bugged, waiting for a fix that may come one day ... but if a buyer do not accept to work this way, they should indeed get reimbursed if they want to in the first few hours or usage. (let's say 4-5 hours of playtime or less).

I am a team lead developer myself, and every bugs reported by customers are acknowledged by the dev team, open officially and are being updated.

Edited by Frag

DCS has a continue improve and on develop simulator. When UH-1 and others modules was launcher on 2013, the module technology was some steeps under the actual lighting and module building tech. Has normal with the oldest modules can be suffer bugs with DCS advance, the main problem here has not the module itself, has the old technology appliqued on them with convert on "obsolesce" when new versions arrive.

The actual conversion form old texture technology to new PBR technology take your time. I recommend take calm and wait for news about them.

DCS has a continue improve and on develop simulator. When UH-1 and others modules was launcher on 2013, the module technology was some steeps under the actual lighting and module building tech. Has normal with the oldest modules can be suffer bugs with DCS advance, the main problem here has not the module itself, has the old technology appliqued on them with convert on "obsolesce" when new versions arrive.

The actual conversion form old texture technology to new PBR technology take your time. I recommend take calm and wait for news about them.

I do not doubt that its a process that takes time, but this should have been stated on the product page. It should have been a notice like "Note that the module is not fully compatible with the lighting system of DCS 2.5". There is no such notice. Instead it is advertised that you need DCS 2.5 to run it. Not everyone has the patience to wait for a fix that takes unpredictable amount of time. Some users may not care or care a little, but some can care a lot. So please give that to me, I can't calm down and not use what I paid for or use it and being annoyed, not knowing when its going to be fixed.

I request to get what I paid for, a reassurance of a fix in short time or a refund.

Besides all that, I think everybody would agree that a support ticket being answered in that way is not what I would expect from an expensive piece of software.

But this isn't the Belsimtek website. Developers rarely respond to stuff here, as this is a discussion forum for users of DCS World. Bug reports go on up the chain, but that is all.

This issue has come about as a result of a major change, and it is simply taking a while for the modules to be updated to make the most of the changes.

It is being addressed, and as has been said, that takes time.

On Belsimtek website the only contact/support you can get is a link to this forum. This is also where the person who replied my ticked re-directed me. So, the developers read the forums note the bugs but never comment or acknowledge them? This sounds like a one way communication.

Edited by Ifikratis

For example take a look at this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=190221

Original post, June 2017. Still no resolution.

Another problem to add to my list:

6) At night, outside lights also illuminate the cockpit from all directions. No shadows, like there is no fuselage.

Okay guys it takes time, but really? How much time it takes to fix the lights illumination? Is it they don't have enough time or is it that they don't have these issues as a priority? I love Belsimtek products, but their current practice to abandon these modules is unacceptable anymore.

Edited by Ifikratis

support is very limited for this model. don't wait for big changes

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

support is very limited for this model. don't wait for big changes

I get if someone has got this model many years ago and has used it a lot when it was fully supported and now he has to wait and hope to be supported. But for someone like me who bought this now on full price, it's unfair to get so many broken textures.

i bought it in 2013 in day one.

within all those years only radar altmeter and egt were implemented iirc.

sooo i just try to enjoy my most favorite helicopter as much as i can.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

i bought it in 2013 in day one.

within all those years only radar altmeter and egt were implemented iirc.

sooo i just try to enjoy my most favorite helicopter as much as i can.

You mean that they were added later? Ok, that is fair enough if it was made in a very high standard when released. I do not ask for more features, I just ask to work as intended in the current DCS platform, which it is meant to work. I really love the way it flies, very impressive modeling, exterior modeling is also perfect. The interior would need a texture update, but these are far after what I ask for. i ask to not have these annoying texture bugs.

People here say that these will be addressed, but when? For example we have heard that the Ka-50 will get new cockpit textures, but we haven't heard anything for the Huey. So, I don't see why I should have any hopes for it. Nevermind, the module is really well done as a simulation and that is why it is a big pity that we don't hear any news for it from a developer's or DCS representative.

Edited by Ifikratis

Ok, I just found the solution of problems 1 and 2. I feel a little embarrassed but also happy cause I have a reason to not want a refund anymore. Now the texture in the cockpit looks as it should look.

The problem was that I had the shadows menu option set to 'Flat Only'. I instead put it to 'High' and everything is correct now in the cockpit lighting, there is no back lighting during the day, expect the beacon light and glass textures, which I can live with.

I have a performance issue now, but I will try to find other ways to eliminate this and keep shadows to 'high'.

So the existing problems now are:

1) Beacon light illuminates cockpit

2) Glass seems too transparent

3) Metal finish on main fuselage and mat finish on tail

4) Night lighting illuminates interior of the cabin

I still hope the developers can address these and not let them stay there for much longer.

In the meantime, enjoy flying the Huey.

The Huey was my first DCS aircraft, and despite taking a year to become proficient in flying it, I still love it. Just feels right to me.

I tried a couple of other well known sims that include helicopters, and for me, the Huey makes them look broken.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Hello Mr_sukebe, thank you for your words and I agree. I have just started with helicopters and even if I'm not a real pilot I can feel that the way it flies is realistic and that's a real driver for me to fly it, especially now that the cockpit illumination looks correct. Hope we see it getting up to date in all graphical aspects of DCS 2.5 soon.

what kind of support do you need?

I bought this module and many graphical elements was broken. Turned out two out of the six was a result of the shadow setting. I found that these issues are already reported but no developer acknowledge them here or posts a fix or a time-frame for a fix. I then submitted a support ticket and the reply was to ''get support in the forums and share your opinion". Do you find this a way to get support when no developer replies here? That's why the title of my thread, which still holds as I haven't seen any official support given in these forums. What everybody does is post bugs and hope that they are seen and taken care off. However after months and months of waiting I haven't seen a single line of improvement in the Huey. So, I guess you understand what kind of support I need. An acknowledgment of the issue and a fix, neither of which happens here.

I tell you my thinkings: If you know DCS you have to accept to deal with bugs. Texture and lighting bugs are common to many (if not all) modules and are due to the (free, it's better to remember here) update to 2.5. Will they be fixed? I'm confident to answer yes, but you have to wait. How much? Well, probably months if not years. And this is perfectly understandable, if you consider that ED has chosen to support ALL of its modules in an open (and free) platform that is DCS world. So you can play in the same (free) environment with the most recent and still early access f/a-18 next to the 9 years old a-10c (which has been supported for 9 years, and after 9 years has been updated for VR and 2.5 and it is expected to have new textures for the cockpit to better look in 2.5). It is obvious that if you like a software house with this core project (and not battlefield VI, that takes place of battlefield V, that takes place of battlefield IV and so on, forcing you to buy a brand new game every year thrashing the old one), you must understand that ED needs money to support all of its modules for such a long time, and you gain money by selling new modules and not just by supporting the old ones, especially in a niche like military air combat simulation. So new modules have priority over older ones. For what the uh-1h is concerned, I think this is one of the most (if not the most of all) accurate helicopter simulation available for PC windows, and is fully enjoyable and satisfying even with some texture graphic issues. If you consider what deserves to be fixed in DCS environment, IMHO uh-1h glasses and textures have a quite low priority. You can comfort yourself by thinking that you would have encountered some sort of bug any module you had purchased. This is the price to pay for flying DCS (and it's not a criticism, since I fly DCS with a lot of joy and fun).

Edited by nessuno0505