!!!cockpit glass transparency bug!!!

hhelikopter

• 1 year later...

how activate cockpit glass scratches

I added the effect of micro scratches, I finally have the feeling :lol: that I have before me a glass.

Screen_181016_084123.jpg

Dear petsild,

how did you activate the micro cratches? I don't get them with any graphics settings (2.5.5/2.5.6).

Or does somebody else know?

thanks!

The strange thing is, all canopies look ok and all helicopter glass look ermm.. non-existent.

So they have glass texture tech in game alreadey but it is not applied to the rotor crafts somehow..

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Dear petsild,

how did you activate the micro cratches? I don't get them with any graphics settings (2.5.5/2.5.6).

Or does somebody else know?

thanks!

Hi,

the scratches have nothing to do with setting details. The magic lies in the use of texture p-51d_cpt_glass_norm.bmp from the Mustang.

Just a shame that the release of 2.5.6 are the textures of the reflections on the glass in most modules at night too pronounced.

I remember the normal glare on the glass, but in the last beta, my mod is ugly.

DCS_2020_02_19_14_53_46_874.jpg

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

scratches

Hi,

the scratches have nothing to do with setting details. The magic lies in the use of texture p-51d_cpt_glass_norm.bmp from the Mustang.

Hi petsild :)

I can see the p-51d_cpt_glass_norm.dds file in the original UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip but it does not have any effect. May I ask how you managed to activate it? I also tried some liveries with this file inside but did not see the scratches. Forgive me I'm still learning. Thanks!

Edited by johannbach

You need to remove the original p-51d_cpt_glass_norm.dds and replace the p-51d_cpt_glass_norm.bmp from the Mustang, subsequently to the archive UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip.

Condition for success is the delete in the saved games FXO/metashaders2.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

You need to remove the original p-51d_cpt_glass_norm.dds and replace the p-51d_cpt_glass_norm.bmp from the Mustang, subsequently to the archive UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip.

Condition for success is the delete in the saved games FXO/metashaders2.

Thanks, unfortunately I do not have the p-51 module. Does anybody have a working file and could give it to me, or tell me how to edit one myself? I tried to edit it to see if it generally would work but even with FXO/metashaders2 deleted the scratches did not appear :/

Here's a micro mod :) with the scratches, unpack into a directory path: C:\Users\Xxx\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\Cockpit_UH-1H\New II

Just in the menu special choose a different cockpit, a note in the selection will be an invisible option, bug beta.

file:https://www.dropbox.com/s/i7qjkdujpnn0an5/Cockpit_UH-1H.zip?dl=0

Here's a micro mod :) with the scratches, unpack into a directory path: C:\Users\Xxx\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\Cockpit_UH-1H\New II

Just in the menu special choose a different cockpit, a note in the selection will be an invisible option, bug beta.

file:https://www.dropbox.com/s/i7qjkdujpnn0an5/Cockpit_UH-1H.zip?dl=0

It works now! Thanks petsild, really appreciate it!

• 5 months later...

I have played the Huey and MI-8 since release.

There were alot of people bitchin and complaining about dirt and scratches on the windows obscuring targets.... I think the complainers were not ready for true reality simulations.

I think Belsimtek eventually got tired of the constant whining and made the glass crystal clear.

believe me.... I was there.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I have played the Huey and MI-8 since release.

There were alot of people bitchin and complaining about dirt and scratches on the windows obscuring targets.... I think the complainers were not ready for true reality simulations.

I think Belsimtek eventually got tired of the constant whining and made the glass crystal clear.

believe me.... I was there.

Yes, unfortunately there are people who would turn off the sun, because it dazzles ...