Dedicated Server Script

Hi,

I'm trying to use this script to create an auto-reboot function.

In particular I have this script in place, and works fine.

Then, I've a powershell script that kill DCS.exe on scheduled windows task , and Restart On Crash that run again the DCS server.

The workflow sounds good but unfortunatley, after this kind of reboot, the server is not available in the server list, it's runing and available for direct connect by IP, but player can't find it in the Multiplayer Server list.

It's possible that "killing" DCS.exe create this kind of problem? THere is a better way to close up the server at specific time ( maybe with a warning for connected people? )

Thanks

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

We still use the exact script for running the BlueFlag server, I'd double check your server settings and that your server is definitely set to public?

Only thing I can think of that could cause it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

We still use the exact script for running the BlueFlag server, I'd double check your server settings and that your server is definitely set to public?

Only thing I can think of that could cause it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Thanks for suggestion, I double checked public and it was already set.

Now I put again in service the auto restart and seams works great.

The problem was the settings on "restartOnCrash" that seams to try to run multiple instance of DCS, and make some overlapping.

I've incresed the wait time to 60secs before the double check and now seams works fine.

OT: How can you "send" a message to connected player about incoming server restart if I'm doing at scheduled time by windows task?

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

OT: How can you "send" a message to connected player about incoming server restart if I'm doing at scheduled time by windows task?

This can be achieved through Triggers in the Mission.Just set it up to send a message to all after a set time, just before the restart. Maybe plan ahaed and repeat in 5min intervals...

Greetings

This can be achieved through Triggers in the Mission.Just set it up to send a message to all after a set time, just before the restart. Maybe plan ahaed and repeat in 5min intervals...

Greetings

This will'be based on "Game Mission Time" and not on my server O.S. clock who command the server reboot ( process kill made with windows scheduled task at fixed time )

That's correct but as far as i know there is no ohter way to do it. Maybe if you write your own little json script so that dcs can talk with the os and vice versa. Never done this myself. Either we run one mission 24/7 or switch every 6 to 8 hours. In both scenarios timed triggers are the easiest way to achieve this.

Cheers

I think I have some trouble with the tuning of Restart on Crash options

Sometimes DCS doens't recover automatically, and when I logon into the server I found the warning that DCS could not be started two times:

uGkIYQ0.png

My Actual RestartOnCrash options are:

VwhBqS2.png

With the global settings Grace Period of 60 seconds

I increased that to 300 sec's ... Sometimes DCS needs very long on startup and ROC try's to start another instance.

I've also increased my value up to 200 secs, first auto reboot was fine, I'm running on running on m.2 NVMe SSD the game!

I hope that ED try to do one day a "standalone" server app instead running the whole client to host Muliplayer!

FYI. In case your DCS is hanging because of a crash dump prompt (Windows Error Reporting), you can set the registry to avoid the pop-up window...….

-------------------------------------

To force Windows Error Reporting (WER) to take a crash dump and close the app, instead of prompting you to debug the program, you can set these registry entries:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting]
"ForceQueue"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\Consent]
"DefaultConsent"=dword:00000001

After this is set, when your apps crash, you should see *.hdmp and *.mdmp files in:

%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\

-------------------------------------

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

• 5 months later...

Happy New year everyone.

Since the last couple of updates I'm having issues on my server restarting. I've set the server up using info provided here https://thefraternitysim.com/how-to-properly-setup-a-dcs-world-dedicated-server/ which has worked perfectly up until now.

I keep getting this error

"ERROR: The process "DCS.exe" with PID 10592 could not be terminated.

Reason: Access is denied"

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Happy New year everyone.

Since the last couple of updates I'm having issues on my server restarting. I've set the server up using info provided here https://thefraternitysim.com/how-to-properly-setup-a-dcs-world-dedicated-server/ which has worked perfectly up until now.

I keep getting this error

"ERROR: The process "DCS.exe" with PID 10592 could not be terminated.

Reason: Access is denied"

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated

Thanks

Happy New Year, the 2019 seems to be a great year for DCS, server side as well I hope! Autumn says something to anyone?

BTW.... "Access is denied" is typical windows error message where current user that is trying to execute something, simply can't for security policy, normally Windows UAC or something related.

If you have followed the guide in the link, you can try to execute StartDCS.bat as Administrator.

Right click on the .bat shortcut and select Run as Administrator.

• 2 weeks later...
Happy New Year, the 2019 seems to be a great year for DCS, server side as well I hope! Autumn says something to anyone?

BTW.... "Access is denied" is typical windows error message where current user that is trying to execute something, simply can't for security policy, normally Windows UAC or something related.

If you have followed the guide in the link, you can try to execute StartDCS.bat as Administrator.

Right click on the .bat shortcut and select Run as Administrator.

Hey Maverick

Sorry for the late reply to this. /I though I did reply the day after but it looks like it didn't take. Thanks for the help.

I am running the startDCS.bat as admin. I'm no longer getting this issue but for some reason I keep getting this popping up when the server restarts. "Can't run. Only one instance per write dir is allowed" ???

Questioon? Does the "StartDCS.bat" not have to run in the background?

view?usp=sharing

332220133_autorestarterrorDCS.png.de0542a4546109ddec876ca478ee37a2.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Maverick

Sorry for the late reply to this. /I though I did reply the day after but it looks like it didn't take. Thanks for the help.

I am running the startDCS.bat as admin. I'm no longer getting this issue but for some reason I keep getting this popping up when the server restarts. "Can't run. Only one instance per write dir is allowed" ???

Questioon? Does the "StartDCS.bat" not have to run in the background?

view?usp=sharing

If you're using the instruction of the web page that you have posted, StartDCS.bat should be kept running in background, is the script in charge to restart DCS in case of application crash.

If you see the message:

Can't run. Only one instance per write dir is allowed 

something goes wrong trying to kill the hanged .exe of DCS.

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting this too. Did anyone find a solution yet?

EDIT: I found a solution. I put another timeout command for 60 seconds between the killtask and loop command to give the program time to unload. Works now.

Edited by wrl11
solution

• 3 weeks later...

I am getting this too. Did anyone find a solution yet?

EDIT: I found a solution. I put another timeout command for 60 seconds between the killtask and loop command to give the program time to unload. Works now.

Hi wrl11

Hey can you post how exactly you did that. I’m still having the same issue from time to time.

Thanks in advance

Wood

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi wrl11

Hey can you post how exactly you did that. I’m still having the same issue from time to time.

Thanks in advance

Wood

I'm not currently using the same script, the suggested solution is put a timeout

timeout 60

Inside your StartDCS.bat, just before the line goto loop line.

So, the full StartDCS.bat should be like this:

@echo off
:loop
Start "" /high "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS_updater.exe"
timeout /t 14400 >null
taskkill /f /im DCS.exe >nul
timeout 60
goto loop

Edited by Maverick87Shaka

Hi wrl11

Thanks in advance

Wood

Yes, like Maverick said, here is my script:

:loop

Start "" /high "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe"

timeout /t 10800 >null

taskkill /f /im DCS.exe >nul

timeout /t 60 >null

goto loop

• 4 months later...

In the original post there is a script that is used to automatically start a dedicated server/mission.

Is there a way for a local computer to automatically connect to that server as a player. Basically once the server starts up, it will send a command to the player pc and have the player pc connect and start the mission automatically.

In the original post there is a script that is used to automatically start a dedicated server/mission.

Is there a way for a local computer to automatically connect to that server as a player. Basically once the server starts up, it will send a command to the player pc and have the player pc connect and start the mission automatically.

Server include a fake player. You just have to est the strings to auto start mission and NOT in pause mode.

"Les pilotes du Fail" server administrator