Quest 2 Reveal

dburne

Anyone used this with dcs yet? I know before anyone says it that its notgoing to be a flawless high res experience but it does seem promising. Thinking of picking one up until next year when pc parts and the G2 will hopefully be more readily available and fairly priced.

I have had a quick flight in it this afternoon. If I’m honest I can’t see any real difference in visual quality to my Rift S I’ve been using. Which is disappointing. Thinking it’s my settings though, as other programs and movies in particular are night and day, so so much clearer.

Will be testing it again later tonight.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Thanks for reporting your experience. On the subject of performance one of the oculus devs posted this https://i.redd.it/yd9ax5aud0t51.jpg, i have no idea what any of it means i just saw it on reddit earlier maybe it will be useful to you.

Nice find Thankyou, will test that out tomorrow.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone used this with dcs yet? I know before anyone says it that its notgoing to be a flawless high res experience but it does seem promising. Thinking of picking one up until next year when pc parts and the G2 will hopefully be more readily available and fairly priced.

Yep, i've now disconnected my CV1 and now solely use the quest 2. You are now able to change the compression using the debug tool. Resolution is excellent considering the cost of the headset. I'm running it on a i7 8700k and a 1080ti. As far as linked with facebook goes, not happy about it but it seems the way of the future. Apparently the Quest 2 has now been hacked so that may get around that issue.

intel i7 6700k overclocked to 4.6, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, Asus z170 pro gaming motherboard, Asus strix 1080, Max flight stick(modded), MFG Crosswind pedals.

Yep, i've now disconnected my CV1 and now solely use the quest 2. You are now able to change the compression using the debug tool. Resolution is excellent considering the cost of the headset. I'm running it on a i7 8700k and a 1080ti. As far as linked with facebook goes, not happy about it but it seems the way of the future. Apparently the Quest 2 has now been hacked so that may get around that issue.

Yep, the Quest 2 is looking good and it's not even rendering at it's native resolution yet. It's going to be interesting to see it when facebook releases the Q2's handbrake!

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional

Not sure if you all saw this video...I was hoping for more Quest 2 reviews. I hate the FB requirement but for the price for mobile and PCVR, I might sell my soul LOL, I'm on the fence. I currently have CV1 and desperately need a new HMD, wanting the HP G2 but it's a little steep and I only have a 1080ti to boot, not sure if it can handle.

Win 10 · i9900K@stock · 4070Ti· ASUS Z390-A · SSD · 64Gb · TM Warthog · CV1 · Quest 2

I tried IL-2 with my Quest 1 some time ago, but when Link first became available and was surprised how well it did,

If they keep on improving it I imagine it will be very nice.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|