INS improvements in the 19 Aug 2020 Open Beta

Santi871

Having trouble with GND align

Guys, I'm having a lot of trouble with the new INS on shore based alignments. I'm getting stuck with with this on the MPCD:

GRND

QUAL: NO ATT

TIME: 0:00 (flashing)

STD HDG (boxed)

Doesn't matter how long you wait. This only occurrs at some shore based spawn points but it always happens. CV seems ok, and other shore spawn points align just fine. Anybody else seeing this?

new INS in GND.trk

• Like 1

Thanks Lanzfeld113. I did try that. When I switch the INS to ground it doesn't matter how long I wait at certain spawn points. The alignment never starts. Attached track is same as above except I never select STD HDG.

Thanks, I've reported it. For the time being until it's fixed, if you run into this situation, you can try to perform a GPS alignment by placing the INS switch in IFA and leaving it there (I just tried it in your track and that works).

Thanks, I've reported it. For the time being until it's fixed, if you run into this situation, you can try to perform a GPS alignment by placing the INS switch in IFA and leaving it there (I just tried it in your track and that works).

thanks

When INS align has completed during start-up, I have inadvertently switched INS from NAV to GND instead of IFA. This apparently restarts the alignment process and if I then select INS IFA and takeoff alignment restarts and the TXA DEGD warning appears in the HUD. However, on completion of inflight alignment after the 8+ minutes, the TXA DEGD advisory remains. How can I clear it?

When INS align has completed during start-up, I have inadvertently switched INS from NAV to GND instead of IFA. This apparently restarts the alignment process and if I then select INS IFA and takeoff alignment restarts and the TXA DEGD warning appears in the HUD. However, on completion of inflight alignment after the 8+ minutes, the TXA DEGD advisory remains. How can I clear it?

TXA DEGD is related to a selected JDAM having an incomplete alignment, is that what's going on?

I have tried in flight alignment (IFA, points 5 and 8 on first message) and at first glance it looks like it works, with the advisory INS message disappearing, but then you can notice that the velocity vector behaves weird and AUTO and CCIP cues are wrong.

See attachments

photo5924764989942510864.thumb.jpg.533453dedf04fe94a4e7e512fdef8dac.jpg

photo5924764989942510865.thumb.jpg.861c242fb6cfe18ec434883e9b2ed550.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have tried in flight alignment (IFA, points 5 and 8 on first message) and at first glance it looks like it works, with the advisory INS message disappearing, but then you can notice that the velocity vector behaves weird and AUTO and CCIP cues are wrong.

See attachments

Didnt you have some kind of winds there?

Stay safe

See attachments

i had the same problem in IFA

See attachments

Could you post a track or steps to reproduce please? I've been flying a while in IFA and couldn't get it to happen.

Could you post a track or steps to reproduce please? I've been flying a while in IFA and couldn't get it to happen.

Attached a track, it is the Nevada Cold & Dark start instant mission.

When IFA GPS alignment finishes, the ADV disappears. Slight banking moves the velocity vector around from side to side. I also select AUTO and then CCIP with same problems.

ins-ifa.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

See attachments

I've had that happen as well, my workaround solution was to flip the INS switch to NAV and back to IFA.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

With my squadron, we're flying some late cold war missions (no GPS) and we align on the carrier by going CV -> (Stored Heading option, some yes, some no) -> NAV.

Some of us encounter loss of alignment (INS ATT) after maybe 20 minutes in the air and our position on the moving map also shows up wrong, almost right from the start. An IFA + TACAN INS fix solves both problems in the air, but I'm wondering if this behavior is expected. I'm guessing not.

With GPS available and moving the INS knob to IFA after a CV alignment, I've encountered no issues.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

With my squadron, we're flying some late cold war missions (no GPS) and we align on the carrier by going CV -> (Stored Heading option, some yes, some no) -> NAV.

Some of us encounter loss of alignment (INS ATT) after maybe 20 minutes in the air and our position on the moving map also shows up wrong, almost right from the start. An IFA + TACAN INS fix solves both problems in the air, but I'm wondering if this behavior is expected. I'm guessing not.

That's not normal, do you happen to have a track? Even if it's just 20 minutes sped up flying in a circle and it shows the issue, it would do the job.

When landing and shutting off the engines for a repair, when you start back up, the Stored Heading option is no longer available in the HSI, even if you turn the INS off and then on. Is this expected behaviour?

Also has anyone experienced the INS DEGD warning even after a full 90 second alignment? I am not sure, but it feels like you can't flip over to IFA immediately after getting 0.5s OK on the HSI, it seems you need to wait a few seconds later just to be sure.