DCS: F-15C

mytai01

Personally for me pure single role fighters like MiG-29, F-15A/C, Su-27, MiG-25 are the most exciting.

And let's not forget there were only 3 pure multirole planes Hornet, Viper and Phantom. (excluding classified and impossible to model like F-35, Raptor etc.) Only Phantom left.

LOL....really?. I wonder why being a "pure fighter" is a disqualifying factor for the F-15C, while being a pure "mud-mover" clearly isn't for the A-10.

Yet another one of those bombastic claims, like there being no demand for a MiG-29 or Su-27 or any other Russian aircraft "in the west".

But I guess this explains the equally unfounded claim that the popularity of FC3 is merely down to "easy accessibility".....since all the fighters included in this apparently are "low demand products".

While I absolutely agree with your sentiment, with the A-10C, as far as I know it was a military contract, which is what caused it's development.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

From the latest interview with ED

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=282292

(around 1h36m)

F-15C is not in plans as being a pure fighter make it a low demand product.

He might as well say L39 and F5 are more popular choices, much more chance to fool someone with this statement

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

While I absolutely agree with your sentiment, with the A-10C, as far as I know it was a military contract, which is what caused it's development.

I know mate :) . But there are plenty of other single-role aircraft in DCS including "pure fighters" and I fail to see how an iconic and well known platform like the F-15 could ever be considered a "low demand product".....same goes for the MiG-29 and Su-27.

• Like 1