|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic. Can't wait

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Neat.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Very much looking forward to the new KA-50!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

is there any eta for it? i am currently playing memory of a hero campaign and if it is going to arrive soon, then i can wait for it

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

Did the photos get deleted? Guess I didn't make it in time.

EDIT: Sorry about that. They just wont show on my Firefox browser. I can see them fine with chrome.

Edited by Terrorban

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

Did the photos get deleted? Guess I didn't make it in time.

no they are still there

Youtube

upper front cockpit I see something new...

Looks like the UV-26 panel was moved to the left side, omitting the LWS thing.

Also, if I'm not completely mistaken, in between the capped laser switch and the Shkval knobs there's another switch. In BS2 I just have the one above that just right of the HSI.

What about the missiles on the outer pylons? Those are just 4 tube racks.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Looks like the UV-26 panel was moved to the left side, omitting the LWS thing.

why omitting. We will need it even if we have president-s

Also, if I'm not completely mistaken, in between the capped laser switch and the Shkval knobs there's another switch. In BS2 I just have the one above that just right of the HSI.

I think you talk about the master arms. I see was moved to this position

What about the missiles on the outer pylons? Those are just 4 tube racks.

good question… after the Igla discussion right pylon to be. I think Igla will be on the free rack space.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

THAT is really good news. Personally, I'm really looking forward to this update. And the additional upgrade features are already as good as bought. Great that the Rotorheads get food again!

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

I'm really happy that this is happening. I first got into LOMAC and then the original Blackshark when it came out on disc in 2008 and then the A-10C when it was released a couple years later. I've always found it to be a very fun and challenging module and it will be even better!

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

why omitting. We will need it even if we have president-s

No we don't, as the President-S has a own screen with direction and range scale. It was found out that you can wire the President-S to the ABRIS, meaning that once the President-S detects the missile launch (detection range 200 km) and recognize it as a threat to the helicopter (distance, direction and speed of the missile so it is flying toward the helicopter) instead a false-flag, it will switch the ABRIS screen automatically to page that shows you the details.

And likely it does the same thing with the laser, so once the laser reflection is detected, then the direction and the distance is alarmed on the ABRIS screen, as the sensors in President-S are IR/UV etc.

I think you talk about the master arms. I see was moved to this position

The Master Arm is still where it has been, and should be. Now the question is about the weapon jettison buttons cover caps colors (black and red) and their order.

But there is a additional switch just right of the Laser Designator - Normal -mode switch.

So as it is next to switch where you change your Skhval laser function from laser ranging and guidance (norma) to laser designation (Standby, likely a error in translation) so it has likely something to do with the laser system itself... Like possible there is a laser spot scanner that Shkval has capability (at least in the Su-25T it has in reality), but that is just guessing. As the location of the switch next to that and below HSI DH/DTA MANUAL switch.

Interesting thing is that new switch does have a space for labels top-left-below it. So is it possible to be a three position (up-center-down) toggle switch?

And where is the data link panel, as there are versions where datalink panel was moved to behind the cyclic (not in this case), then moved to the left panel just above the collective (not visible in this version, so who knows)

good question… after the Igla discussion right pylon to be. I think Igla will be on the free rack space.

That is still unknown. If they do not implement the third pylon (as many times pointed out that such wings were made to be same size and dimensions, only with third station) then the A-A missiles likely are activated by the collective weapon station selector hat (Inner/Outer/All/A-A).

Meaning you could carry IGLA always regardless what the inner or outer pylons has hanging.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

There seems as well to be a new switch left to ABRIS, where now we have just one "ABRIS-OFF" and now there is second.

What are the sensor balls hanging off the fuselage near the rear landing gear? Why two? How can a single pilot fly the mqchine, operate shkval and two optronic sensors?

Those are part of the President-S system which works without pilot input.

zashita.jpg

https://russianmilitaryphotos.wordpress.com/2012/03/22/the-l370-5-president-s-countermeasures-suite/

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

What are the sensor balls hanging off the fuselage near the rear landing gear? Why two? How can a single pilot fly the mqchine, operate shkval and two optronic sensors?

They are IR jammers. Still little unclear are they IR lamps or IR laser.

But they work by the system. First missile is detected, its position, distance and heading are metered to spot is missile a threat. If yes, then these IR turrets are turned toward the missile and when missile is close enough they start jamming the missile seeker while system launch flares from that side to generate more other targets, and missile will fly upward away at maximum turn rate.

How it exactly does it to get missile jump up in the sky is own secret, but it does hide the helicopter from missile seeker.

And you don't need to do anything, as you will get warning, alarm and notification system performing countermeasure.