CPU frame times

Harlikwin

Looking at your export.lua, the culprit is most likely Winwing’s stuff (lines that have wwt in it)

Lol, I was worried about how bad optimized is DCS cpu wise before looking this.. after removing that line I go from 30ms frametimes to 10ms.. thank you

Edited by S-GERAT

Snake.

Yeah I got it mostly sorted out. I noticed a huge difference with the terrain shadows being set to low/flat instead of default. But I really prefer "low" shadows to "flat" for the cockpit. So I'm willing to let that eat a bit of CPU, its not a huge difference from what I saw. Right now, on simple missions offline my CPU times are like 10 or less, with GPU being in the mid to low teens with my settings, so I'm seeing like 60-70 fps pretty typically up to 90 in a few cases, even on syria.

Online its a different story. CPU times are in the high teens to low 20's and high teens for the GPU, but I'm sure its better than before I commented out the winwing stuff. I'm back to seeing solid 45+ fps online at this point, whereas I was in the 20's and 30's before.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Would you mind please sharing it?

maybe something to consider: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=268560&highlight=shadows

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Would you mind please sharing it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7snmsepdt8oxxnl/Shadowmod.rar?dl=0

Is only a modified shadows.lua file. In this case I modified the low presets so you need to select low shados in DCS graphic options menu.

There are two different files, each one with a different shadowmap size to choose. Take a look at the lua and see how it works, you can put the values that better fit your system. Actually I'm using the one with the 8192 shadowmap that looks great and with a negligible impact on performance.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7snmsepdt8oxxnl/Shadowmod.rar?dl=0

Is only a modified shadows.lua file. In this case I modified the low presets so you need to select low shados in DCS graphic options menu.

There are two different files, each one with a different shadowmap size to choose. Take a look at the lua and see how it works, you can put the values that better fit your system. Actually I'm using the one with the 8192 shadowmap that looks great and with a negligible impact on performance.

Thank you

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Lol, I was worried about how bad optimized is DCS cpu wise before looking this.. after removing that line I go from 30ms frametimes to 10ms.. thank you

You might add your feedback to their forum, there is a whole thread on this, some people see it some don't.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).