HP Reverb G2 Announced - next Gen

dburne

12 november is the delivery time in the Netherlands...(derekenwinkel)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it has drropped from 15-09-2020, 15-10-2020 to 12-11-2020.

I hope that the reverb G2 is on my desk this year??? :music_whistling:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I like the new power plug requirement.

Yeah, solves a bunch of potential issues with high power draw from the PC via USB port. Though you still probably have a Video/USB/and now power port.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah I am liking that they have added an A/C adapter for the Reverb G2.

Now if they would just add a headphone jack I would be most pleased.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yeah I am liking that they have added an A/C adapter for the Reverb G2.

Now if they would just add a headphone jack I would be most pleased.

I know you like your headphones, Don, but if the sound is as good as I experienced on the Index, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I know you like your headphones, Don, but if the sound is as good as I experienced on the Index, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

IMO I think you're right on this - considering Valve had a hand in creating the G2 (obviously as well the Index, haha), I highly doubt they would have a sound quality that was worse than the index with the G2, if anything I'm expecting it to be better. I'll settle for the same, as I found the Index I had was not only the best quality construction of the 8 different VR HMDs I've owned, but it had the best sound as well.

Also, my G2 dealer here in Canada where I've got 2 pre ordered, told me on Wednesday that their expected receive date from their purchasers info was the first week in November as well, so only 5/6 weeks to week.

I also think there is a high chance I'll get the G2 before my 3080 shows up. I missed out on the 3090 yesterday, I had one in my cart at nvidia.com for a FE version, but my cart got stuck on "checking out" like so many others. Funny, the 3090 card was still in my cart this AM, I emailed nvidia sales support and told them to "go ahead and process the items in my cart - hahah). Ten minutes later - cart is empty, with no order filled. LOL. Anyhow, at least I'll be able to get some 2080ti numbers with the G2 until my 3080 and eventual 3090s show up. I have a 10900k system built now, just waiting for the GPUs, then I'll upgrade all my systems to 10900k/30xx/G2, or maybe the new AMD if the gaming performance of those new Ryzens is better than Intel.

Edited by Gman109

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Yeah that may well be, I will certainly be checking it out.

Thanks,

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

IMO I think you're right on this - considering Valve had a hand in creating the G2 (obviously as well the Index, haha), I highly doubt they would have a sound quality that was worse than the index with the G2, if anything I'm expecting it to be better. I'll settle for the same, as I found the Index I had was not only the best quality construction of the 8 different VR HMDs I've owned, but it had the best sound as well.

Also, my G2 dealer here in Canada where I've got 2 pre ordered, told me on Wednesday that their expected receive date from their purchasers info was the first week in November as well, so only 5/6 weeks to week.

I also think there is a high chance I'll get the G2 before my 3080 shows up. I missed out on the 3090 yesterday, I had one in my cart at nvidia.com for a FE version, but my cart got stuck on "checking out" like so many others. Funny, the 3090 card was still in my cart this AM, I emailed nvidia sales support and told them to "go ahead and process the items in my cart - hahah). Ten minutes later - cart is empty, with no order filled. LOL. Anyhow, at least I'll be able to get some 2080ti numbers with the G2 until my 3080 and eventual 3090s show up. I have a 10900k system built now, just waiting for the GPUs, then I'll upgrade all my systems to 10900k/30xx/G2, or maybe the new AMD if the gaming performance of those new Ryzens is better than Intel.

Since the G1, I have been gagging to go back to my Asus Essence amplifier and Sennheiser momentum headphones. I very much doubt that these new headphones will be better.

Upon delivery I will enjoy the upgrade that the G2 offers but power, detail, leading edge cut and depth will call me back to Asus Essence amplifier and Sennheiser momentum in the near future.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Yeah, solves a bunch of potential issues with high power draw from the PC via USB port. Though you still probably have a Video/USB/and now power port.

Also with doing so the brightness will be much better with better colors according this guy.

He got pre-production model without the brightness ''fix'' (though in a firmware update it was lowered later) and it was in his words ''it blows your mind'' (before the firmare update);

So we getting this much better brightness & better colors when using a power adaptor.

:thumbup:

Edited by Slecht

looking forward to blinding light in these bad boys... or should I say hoping.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

We should always be aware of hype around VR devices.

The power required to drive 2 high resolution monitors is hard work and unless you have the hardware to push such information at average frame rates then you should be cautious.

But... Damn I am looking forward to this headset!

We should always be aware of hype around VR devices.

The power required to drive 2 high resolution monitors is hard work and unless you have the hardware to push such information at average frame rates then you should be cautious.

But... Damn I am looking forward to this headset!

It is the same resolution as the G1, just with better everything! The G1 had been around for well over a year now so we should have plenty of info.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

yeah, I think it should work out about right.

I do love the separate power supply mind... I like it alot!

I think it is a statement of intent.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

so I gotta confirmation via Connections that I should have my G2 in November. I'm sure towards the later part of the month... :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

so I gotta confirmation via Connections that I should have my G2 in November. I'm sure towards the later part of the month... :-)

Hmmm, I ordered back on July 1st. Were you earlier than that?

I haven't seen an email from them (those rat bastards! :D:D)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Hmmm, I ordered back on July 1st. Were you earlier than that?

I haven't seen an email from them (those rat bastards! :D:D)

The note I got from Connection said if you ordered before September 24th, your G2 would arrive in November .

Edited by TWC_SLAG
Date correction

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

The note I got from Connection said if you ordered before September 14th, your G2 would arrive in November .

Hmmm, interesting thanks for that.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Yep I got the same email today.

Hopefully won't be too much longer.

Don B

I got the same email, and ordered on August 6th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

looking forward to blinding light in these bad boys... or should I say hoping.

I just hope it means there is better color depth and it doesn't look all washed out.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I got the same email, and ordered on August 6th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hmmm, getting a little worried now. But I'll give it a few more days.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

Well, the Reverb Omnicept edition with eye/heart/face tracking is coming soon. Might be a good idea to wait a bit.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

As you are going to have to wait at least until the new year, a better question is to ask do you need those features present in the hp omni concept, and how many of the situations you use it in will make use of those features... Sure they are cool, but, you don't need eye tracking in dcs, or a heart rate monitor in dcs...because it has no mechanism to use them... As examples...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

To me, eye tracking = dynamic foveated rendering. The single thing that can help improve FPS tremendously short of having a brand new game engine.

Heart and face tracking probably not useful in DCS, but in social VR games or applications...why not.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

To me, eye tracking = dynamic foveated rendering. The single thing that can help improve FPS tremendously short of having a brand new game engine.

Heart and face tracking probably not useful in DCS, but in social VR games or applications...why not.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't expect this feature anytime soon in DCS. No VR game support foveated rendering as to date... New gfx engine and Vulkan/Multithread will certainly come before foveated rendering, even if maybe only in one or two years from now...

Moreover, it's more likely that the Omnicept Edition is aimed at professionals.

Edited by Pride37

"An optimist is a guy who plants two seeds and runs to buy a hammock"

Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | 32Go Corsair Vengeance 32Go DDR5 6000Mt/s CL30 | MasterLiquid ML360R | Corsair NVMe M.2 1To x2 | Seagate 2To SATA III | TM Warthog stick base w/ F/A-18C grip + WW Orion 2 throttle w/ F/A-18C grips | FSSB R3 L w/ TM F-16C grip + TM Viper TQS | MFG Crosswind V3 w/ damper kit | Meta Quest 3 128Go | Dell S2722DGM

Mirage 2000C | F/A-18C | F-16C | Su-33 | Mig 29 | Supercarrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandie 2.0 | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai

Unfortunately, I wouldn't expect this feature anytime soon in DCS. No VR game support foveated rendering as to date... New gfx engine and Vulkan/Multithread will certainly come before foveated rendering, even if maybe only in one or two years from now...

Moreover, it's more likely that the Omnicept Edition is aimed at professionals.

excellent observation FOVeated rendering is a great tech but it has to be implemented in game, ergo its *if* no use if all you play is DCS, actually its no use unless implemented by the titles you play...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg