F5 Altimeter ... bug or feature?

Frag

Hi guys,

I may miss something, but I noticed that the MSL altimeter is approximately 1000 feet off with the real altitude (in the gray label at the bottom of the F2 camera).

If I see 18000 feet on my altimeter, then I press F2 and I will get a reading of 17000. Is it a bug, a feature or I need to tweak something in the cockpit that I am not aware of?

I also noticed you can set the altimeter to "pneu" with a small switch at the bottom of the altimeter, but it just correct of few hundreds feet.

Thanks

PNEU is a backup mode, which should only be used if the normal electrical mode isn't available.

But yeah, there is something you need to tweak in your cockpit for every flight: You need to set the barometric pressure of your altimeter according to the atmosphere conditions. You will find the respective values (for ground level altitude as well as for sea level altitude) in the briefing (LALT + B). ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg