Problem: ILS navigation

NoFear1979

The last two days the ILS navigation doesn't seem to be working. I have tuned in several ILS frequencies on the FM navigation but the vertical and horizontal line does not react at all.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

PC: Good enough for running DCS flawlessly on high end settings :thumbup:

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

Slaw Device Rudder Pedals

Trackhat Headtracker

Tested at KOBULET Runway 07 works perfect:thumbup:

Beta updated.

You need to dial in the runway radial 07 for the vertical bar and you need in a small angel of that Radiol to get the horizontel bar working.

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

You won't get any ILS on the FM navigation set. It needs to be the panel marked NAV*COM.

Not all ILS facilities are working under all wind conditions. Please check using runway which has ILS on both ends and check both facilities (only one will work at once). E.g. Tbilisi-Lochini in default environment ILS 13 will work but ILS 31 won't. Both have iNA as identifier so you can't tell which by sound (** _* *_).

You should get audio tones for any ILS far outside of the range that the LOC or GS flags uncover. LOC flag is hidden within about 30 degrees of center course and received 15nm away or more.

Tested at KOBULET Runway 07 works perfect:thumbup:

Beta updated.

You need to dial in the runway radial 07 for the vertical bar and you need in a small angel of that Radiol to get the horizontel bar working.

Thanks for your input. I have never dialed in the runway, or needed to. Not that I am questioning your input but exactly how do I enter the runway dial? Thanks :)

Trackhat Headtracker

You won't get any ILS on the FM navigation set. It needs to be the panel marked NAV*COM.

Not all ILS facilities are working under all wind conditions. Please check using runway which has ILS on both ends and check both facilities (only one will work at once). E.g. Tbilisi-Lochini in default environment ILS 13 will work but ILS 31 won't. Both have iNA as identifier so you can't tell which by sound (** _* *_).

You should get audio tones for any ILS far outside of the range that the LOC or GS flags uncover. LOC flag is hidden within about 30 degrees of center course and received 15nm away or more.

My bad there, I was refeering to the NAV COM.

Trackhat Headtracker

There's an OBS knob to set a course. With VOR navigation this setting is significant. With ILS navigation the set course has no effect beyond having a reminder of the desired course shown on the instrument.

Place a UH-1 runway start on Tbilisi-Lochini and tune each ILS frequency there. You should hear localizer audio tones from one of them since it's on and not from the other since it's off. Nevermind the instrument on the dash panel. What is the result of that?