This all for Viper updates?

hawk4me

• ED Team
Seriously? You needed a trackfile from Bignewy to convince the team internally that rearm coutermeasures in MP doesn't word?

There were a number of issues involved with countermeasures, the team can run the tracks through a debug version of DCS which helps them solve the issues easier.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

That 1 mid-week bug-fix...for when you ABSOLUTELY CAN'T WAIT till the weekend to fire your rockets...

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There were a number of issues involved with countermeasures, the team can run the tracks through a debug version of DCS which helps them solve the issues easier.

Damn! Good answer NL!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

would like to add to the low hanging fruit plea.. would very much like to the see the missle step function being completed. AFAIK we can only step stations within the weapon selection, missing the long press to switch missle in A-A mode..'

+1

This would be great. Thanks for all your efforts BN and NL, we appreciate it! :thumbup:

Seriously? You needed a trackfile from Bignewy to convince the team internally that rearm coutermeasures in MP doesn't word?

The thing with tracks and bugs is that it helps the team fix things quicker. Its not that they don't believe you but it saves them time.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Given that we update DCS World almost every week, not every week can have substantial changes. Also, Monday was a holiday in Russia, so it was a short week for us. Thanks for your support

It's an impudence! You guys make holidays? ONE WHOLE DAY?

You have the most important jobs on earth, guys. Please don't do that again and I will forget about it! :lol:

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset

The thing with tracks and bugs is that it helps the team fix things quicker. Its not that they don't believe you but it saves them time.

Just curious...when a thread gets renamed with "Missing Track File"...does that mean they're pleading for the public's help to expedite the solution while they tackle the issue...or does that mean they're not looking at it cause the user didn't provide enough evidence to their claim...which is required to make it as breezy as possible for the developers that we all just paid $80 to provide feedback?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:shocking:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just curious...when a thread gets renamed with "Missing Track File"...does that mean they're pleading for the public's help to expedite the solution while they tackle the issue...or does that mean they're not looking at it cause the user didn't provide enough evidence to their claim...which is required to make it as breezy as possible for the developers that we all just paid $80 to provide feedback?
A track file shows the issue and the actions taken and doesn't leave anything to interpretation. It's not about making it as easy as possible for the devs, it's about not wasting development time trying to replicate something based on just a description. That'd be terribly inefficient. I work with code and I wish I could get something like that when people ask me for help.

From personal experience, I know that they do sometimes work on reported issues even before a track is provided, as long as the issue is clearly presented and supported by something relevant, like a screenshot.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Everyone seems to keep forgetting that the track isn't just a replay of a flight but rather a telemetry file that allows the engine to re-fly and reproduce the exact conditions and steps of a user with all the inputs and outputs tracked.

A specific dev build with properly developed tools can do wonders with a track file :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

• ED Team

I have had many cases where I have spent hours trying to reproduce an issue, only to find I had missed a step or done something differently than the user, a short track showing the problem is the best way to get something reported quickly.

If you don't want to provide the track for an issue I understand, but unless we can reproduce an issue it wont get reported.

When required we will always add more information to a report.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
I apologize for semi-threadjacking - would it be possible to update the current known issues thread with any current known issues?

Hi

sorry for the miss understanding, that thread was current known issue at launch.

I will adjust it.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Seriously? People in early access questioning the need for track files?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

@CaptHawk:

If it is regarding like "bug description: rearm countermessures in MP does not work at all" - seriously - Yes, people are questioning the need, especially the need to ask customers to produce such.

If it is regarding some "unable to reproduce - please provide trackfile" - No, I would never mind to help out in such a case.

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi

sorry for the miss understanding, that thread was current known issue at launch.

I will adjust it.

Should rename that thread to Limited Acceptable Deferred Rectifications (LADR) thread :thumbup:

All pilots have to read and accept the contents and limitations to the aircraft before each flight :music_whistling:

Obviously having it updated with current issues would be ideal - but note it was for 'at launch' only. At least if it was updated regularly people could easily see what was supposed to be working and what is not.

Edited by VampireNZ

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't understand people complaining about having fewer or no updates in a product that was so "complete" at launch compared to other EA modules. I don't prefer a bugged new system, I want the full thing close to completion, tested to exhaustion. Let them work and test around.

Also, by now they must me crushing smaller bugs to bring the Viper to stable. They need a stable version so they can fulfill the orders of those who bought the plane and can't fly it until now on stable. Until launch in this version, I bet there wont be any major additions.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

DCS F-16C Viper

Fixed crash with rockets firing after selective jettison

So is this all we can expect this week from the Viper updates? How this issue was even found anyways amazes me cause rocket's are worthless anyways. We need a meaningful update here MAV's JSOW JDAM's something the F16 is missing a lot of stuff but some basic Stand off weapon's would be great addition. I swap between Release and Beta so if this is it for the week then I will hold off till next week to go back to beta. :thumbup:

Remember guys... early access...if you can’t cold start without a checklist, fly an overhead flawlessly and perform an ILS to minimums at Nellis there is plenty to do while waiting for the next update.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• ED Team
@CaptHawk:

If it is regarding like "bug description: rearm countermessures in MP does not work at all" - seriously - Yes, people are questioning the need, especially the need to ask customers to produce such.

If it is regarding some "unable to reproduce - please provide trackfile" - No, I would never mind to help out in such a case.

Requesting track files is part of the requirements for reporting bugs.

• It helps us identify issues easier
  • It gives the exact steps used to show the bug
  • We can take control and try other things

If, as you suggest it was an MP issue only, then, of course, an MP track makes sense, you seeing the problem, and saving a track is much faster than just reporting it, then waiting for us to see it, set up a similar test, and hope we did everything you did.

If you don't want to make a track, then don't, hope we catch it on our own or someone else makes a bug thread as we asked, we appreciate everyone's help, but Open Beta is not for everyone, and it's not mandatory to help, but if you want to help, we have guidelines we request you to follow.

And to be honest, I would rather if you just opted out than sending me messages such as "the most stupid idiot on this planet should get the issue without the need of any trackfile". Thanks.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Yes, maybe somtimes it's easy to reproduce a bug and even a stupid idiot can make it without a trk.

But, if they ask for it, if there is a rule or a guide line, maybe there are also reasons for it. Maybe you don't know the reason or maybe you don't understand it, but you can show some respect to these guys anyway and trust they can do their job well and if they ask a trk you give 'em the damn trk.

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net

And to be honest, I would rather if you just opted out than sending me messages such as "the most stupid idiot on this planet should get the issue without the need of any trackfile". Thanks.

Dear DCS developers,

it hurts my soul to see the hostility you are sometimes confronted with. I am certainly not alone when I express here my deep gratitude and respect that there are people like you who enable us to fly in such fantastic worlds as only you can create.

I realize that many of us are impatient (so am I). When new planes are announced, you will be annoyed when they are finally released. If they are released in beta stage in advance to allow the most impatient to try them out, you will get annoyed why there are so many bugs and why it takes so long to fix them. I have the feeling that you can never please some of these people! And as so often they are the ones who make themselves heard here and thus falsify the image of the community.

The large (silent) majority is just happy and proud of what you do for us every day!

It was just important to me to pour out my heart here - even if it was offtopic.

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured