P51 not fun due to so many problems.

Snapage

I smell the pacific

How come? What Hiromachi posted, while highly interesting per se, has absolutely nothing to do with what ED may, or may not, do. Would absolutely love a Pacific module myself though, mind you; but who's going to do them Hellcats and Zeros and all that stuff then?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I dont know about Hellcats but someone does Corsairs :P

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Something I discovered recently. Apparently the P51Ds guns become less accurate the more you fire regardless of weather you fire short bursts or not. So are the guns overheating and becoming inaccurate even if you fire short bursts? This effect also seems to reduce the range of the guns which does not make sense to me. Are the guns simulating serious damage from overheating(barrels melting and warping) causing the rounds to have less range?

Edited by Snapage

Something I discovered recently. Apparently the P51Ds guns become less accurate the more you fire regardless of weather you fire short bursts or not. So are the guns overheating and becoming inaccurate even if you fire short bursts? This effect also seems to reduce the range of the guns which does not make sense to me. Are the guns simulating serious damage from overheating(barrels belting and warping) causing the rounds to have less range?

Yes that is currently modeled according to Nineline. The range should not be but the rate of fire and the spread of the shot group is.

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

Something I discovered recently. Apparently the P51Ds guns become less accurate the more you fire regardless of weather you fire short bursts or not. So are the guns overheating and becoming inaccurate even if you fire short bursts? This effect also seems to reduce the range of the guns which does not make sense to me. Are the guns simulating serious damage from overheating(barrels melting and warping) causing the rounds to have less range?
If other people notice the same effect, I'd bring it up in the 10/12 DM thread

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It seems that the rounds fall much shorter for ones fire from the ends of the belts than the ones from the beginning, about half the range. It doesn't matter if you have fired all rounds at once or in bursts over a thirty minute period.

It seems to affect the rounds for the Dora as well, haven't checked the others.

Edited by slickdevel

Tracer rounds are losing half their range.

Half.

Just tracer rounds or both the tracer and api? Assume both and like in other thread the damage model then it sounds like it’s a cascading programmed effect of the accuracy just going down by steps as you progress through the Ammo belt..? If that’s the case and it’s not dynamic like I would assume they want it and it should be then definitely needs a fix.

Right on I just did a test on ground I taxi up to a hanger and did burst tests. What I observed was with a 1 to 2 second burst no noticeable spread of shot group. But when I held trigger in for a long burst of 6 seconds then saw drop off of the shot group.

Not shooting paper here so the best I could think of in game taking out the variables

Aye, sea turtlesd74e12bd3e0ddb0beb455dd118fc379f.gif

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why does the prop governor almost always fail when the P51D takes damage? This plane is garbage compared to the other aircraft. Is it that when the scoop takes damage it disables the engine? All the other planes can take way more damage. The P51s engine seems to get taken out when being shot from behind. How does the engine take damage from behind without the bullets killing the pilot first?

Why does the prop governor almost always fail when the P51D takes damage? This plane is garbage compared to the other aircraft. Is it that when the scoop takes damage it disables the engine? All the other planes can take way more damage. The P51s engine seems to get taken out when being shot from behind. How does the engine take damage from behind without the bullets killing the pilot first?
Dude this is a DM issue, which is going to be updated. Bringing this up again is pointless because it is going to change very soon, and the change will likely fix the issue

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guess what... a wild pot shot can still kill you, even with the new DM, why? Cuz that's how bullets work when they hit something critically important, your game is over. Some of my favourite moments in DCS Air combat are wild shots that result in a kill, and if you don't think it's possible in real life, then you are wrong, you won't find those guys taken out by a wild shot, mostly because they were taken out. It was also a big reason for the recent changes to AI aiming... it was hard to test the new DM when the AI would just headshot me every time.

Used to play golf with a P-38 pilot who got shot down five times in the pacific. He always said one of those times he didn't even hear anything hit his aircraft, it just stopped flying.

Also golfed with an F6F instructor pilot (taught spin recovery).

Played golf with a nose turret gunner on B-24s quite a bit; in fact he's the guy who taught me to golf when I was nine.

They're all gone now, but the stories they told...