HARM TOO mode - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-05-2019, 08:03 PM   #41
some1

From an article I read, it is flying a loft profile in TOO, while in SP it goes straight towards target. This info may not be up to date.

Hardware: Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Hotas Cougar, Slaw Rudder, Wheel Stand Pro, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Rift S
some1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 05:39 AM   #42
RightStuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by some1 View Post
From an article I read, it is flying a loft profile in TOO, while in SP it goes straight towards target. This info may not be up to date.
According to AusAirpower: TOO flight profile is 'straight'.

http://www.ausairpower.net/API-AGM-88-HARM.html
RightStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 06:10 AM   #43
Cytarabine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightStuff View Post
According to AusAirpower: TOO flight profile is 'straight'.

http://www.ausairpower.net/API-AGM-88-HARM.html
That article was a good read. Looks like until we get the F-16 with the HTS the HARM will be a little under done for doing dedicated SEAD missions. (Or if we had an F-4G.... I can continue to wish on that one)
Cytarabine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 06:50 AM   #44
some1

Makes sense. Hard to do the lofting without range information.

Hardware: Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Hotas Cougar, Slaw Rudder, Wheel Stand Pro, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Rift S
Old 03-06-2019, 08:54 AM   #45
Yeti42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_Hood View Post
The main problem I see with using SP mode is that when you have lots of emitters on the RWR, you will have a hard time cycling through all those to select your intended target. That's where TOO allows you to better point at and possibly discriminate between emmiters. SP mode is better in reaction to a launch (as the culprit would be selected automatically and your HARM fall back in SP mode - if you haven't deselected HARM Override) ; that is my understanding at least.

Also, a thorough briefing should give you a good idea about the whereabouts of a number of SAM systems, so that's one way to estimate range.
Not if you select Offset on the ALR 67, you'll see the RWR symbols in the HUD separated and be able to cycle between them easily...

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4
Yeti42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 10:20 AM   #46
some1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti42 View Post
Not if you select Offset on the ALR 67, you'll see the RWR symbols in the HUD separated and be able to cycle between them easily...
If you have 10+ emitters on the screen, you still have to cycle though all of it.

Old 03-06-2019, 05:01 PM   #47
RightStuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by some1 View Post
If you have 10+ emitters on the screen, you still have to cycle though all of it.
With DISPLAY on the ICMCP you can limit the contacts to be shown.
But I'm not sure what the max. no. of contacts will be. Guessing 6.
RightStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:08 PM   #48
Quae Tinnungulus

Default class emitters

In a sead mission there's SA2 and SA3's but also several Search radar's, when looking at the TOO page the Search radar box's are over the SA2 and 3's when toggling thru the radars I cant tell if the Harm's locked on the Search or Sam. I wanted to know what class is the search radar vs a SA2 or 3. I was trying to find info on a list of which category/class each radar would be under on the class page example would a search radar fall under H1 or H2 or HOS? I was thinking if an SA2 or 3 fell under an H2 then after selecting H2 the search radar box would not be displayed
Old 11-08-2019, 04:35 PM   #49
Stubbies2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quae Tinnungulus View Post
In a sead mission there's SA2 and SA3's but also several Search radar's, when looking at the TOO page the Search radar box's are over the SA2 and 3's when toggling thru the radars I cant tell if the Harm's locked on the Search or Sam. I wanted to know what class is the search radar vs a SA2 or 3. I was trying to find info on a list of which category/class each radar would be under on the class page example would a search radar fall under H1 or H2 or HOS? I was thinking if an SA2 or 3 fell under an H2 then after selecting H2 the search radar box would not be displayed

I haven't dug into the specifics of limiting the display like that but I can tell you the ghetto method I use to verify if I have the search radar or the track radar locked. I just hit the cage/uncage button to handoff to the missile. That drops all targets from the display but the one you are locked on to. If I see the S versus a 2 or a 3 then just cage/uncage again, RAID/FOV switch once, then cage/uncage again and see what you have locked onto then.
Stubbies2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:43 PM   #50
Harker
DCS Ground Crew

You can also limit the number of displayed radars in TOO, but selecting LIMIT. And I believe that the SA-2 and SA-3 should fall under the H1 category, as they are older systems.

If a tracking/fire control radar is engaging you (they often do out of range), select PRI and it'll isolate active tracking/fire control radars.
Also, both SP and TOO modes are Direct Attack, meaning that the missile goes straight for the emitter, without taking anything else into account.
Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, i7-8700k, RTX2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 @3000CL15, 960 Pro 512 GB, 970 Evo Plus 1TB, WD Gold 6TB, Seasonic Prime Platinum 1300W, Acer Predator XB271HK|Hornet grip on T-50 base, Warthog side-stick, Warthog throttle, TPR pedals, 3 Cougar MFDs, MT desk mounts, TrackIR w/Pro clip|
F/A-18C, F-16C, AV-8B, A-10C, M-2000C, F-14, P-51D, Sptifire, BS2, FC3, Caucasus, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Last edited by Harker; 11-08-2019 at 04:45 PM.
Harker is online now   Reply With Quote