Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

Thank you for creating and hosting such a great server. It's too bad that the ED update broke it as I was looking around for the Open Conflict server on DCS 1.5.2.

I would definitely be in favour of the skeleton-version of Open Conflict being hosted on v1.5.2; at least it's a server to play on!

Thanks to everyone for the support and the messages.

A REDUX version of Open Conflict is now online after many hours of working around bugs.

Most main features are here but some script related ones are gone (for now).

YAY!!!!:

A REDUX version of the master script is still running in the background and still provide every AI and map related features like:

* Monitoring objective destruction and triggering sounds and text on objective completion

* AI respawning

* Server reset warning countdown

NOES!!!!!:

Every player-centric-script-related features are gone for now like:

* Release note and welcome popup

* Open conflict custom radio menu

* Player protection zones

* Why-you-died report

* Explosives to plant features for Helis

* Transport/rescue objectives

* Explosive disarm objectives

Some playable aircrafts slot are still missing

* No duel slots for now

MORE YAYS!!!:

Since I redid the map from scratch, I changed some stuff:

* Added C101, L39 and Mirage 2000

* Added the new skins for playable aircrafts

* Finally new skins for su33 that ED added just for Freefighter :music_whistling:

* Helis will spawn more at airports to avoid the FARP slot spawn bug

* Some objectives have been moved a little to focus on the conflict line.

More release notes will be posted here since the my ingame release notes popup is broken for now.

Thanks for flying Open Conflict Airlines :pilotfly:

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

This is great news Mir, especially the new skins yay...

I never could get my temp server to show up on the list, and I spent a few hours making a serious effort. Read many postings on the subject, but didn't find a cure. Even dropped all the firewall on win and router to no avail. I never had any of that crap to go through with 1.2 so there might have been some sort of change in the upgrade. There are others with the same issues too, but if your back up, that's great. I just wanted to have mine working for those rare times when your system is down.

btw, its 4:52 pacific time here and I don't see your server up.

This is great news Mir, especially the new skins yay...

I never could get my temp server to show up on the list, and I spent a few hours making a serious effort. Read many postings on the subject, but didn't find a cure. Even dropped all the firewall on win and router to no avail. I never had any of that crap to go through with 1.2 so there might have been some sort of change in the upgrade. There are others with the same issues too, but if your back up, that's great. I just wanted to have mine working for those rare times when your system is down.

btw, its 4:52 pacific time here and I don't see your server up.

Cool, I see you joined so you can see it now.:thumbup:

Yea, I investigated for several days and found several potential problems that will make your server invisible in the list. It can be tricky and it took a lot of work around.

I actually redid the map from scratch because of some errors in the 1.2 -> 1.5 format conversion.

The current DCS version is still kind of a beta but hopefully, with the 1.2 out of the way, the fixes will come faster.

But as a bonus, the new skins for the su33 and the su27 are nice :)

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Awesome!

Those are the best news I heard this year. :D

I will check in the server as soon as I got some spare time.

Greetings

Hummel

Thanks for the support!

And don't worry, I haven't forgotten the german skins and the MiG29G for you in this new version :)

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

What is the server IP! I have found the server only once last night and didnt find it after many attempt... :helpsmilie:

Prend ton temps mais fait ca vite :cold:... LG34''21:9 Asus 23''monitors Intel i7-4590 EVGA 1070 Superclocked Gskills 4x4G RAM Fatal1ty AsRock Z97 killer motherboard in a HAF black box with 4 CH products plug in and logitech G510, F310, M510 and M570 plus trackIR 5!

In the Map Version 2.6:

* Removed (for now) the playable Mirage as they were the wrong kind of mirage (2000-5).

I am waiting for ED to release a version with the Mirage2000C in the main branch. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=158034

* Changed the spawn slots for red playable aircrafts on Vaziani

They should spawn in the hangars closer from the runway to avoid the taxiing maze.

* Added (back) the 1.2 DUEL playable planes

WWII and Korea War -> Gudauta vs Sukhumi

Vietnam and cold war era -> Beslan vs Nalchik

* Emptied the situation and tasks texts in the briefing

Some other admins and I noticed the server is more visible in the list without big texts. (Feels like a problem in the dictionary)

* Added Rules and tankers freq/Tacan on a picture, in the briefing, instead of the text.

* Tuned down wind and turbulences

Still working / need help on:

* Shutting up the AWACS that became really really spammy in the 1.5

Current Server IP in case you don't see it:

137.175.200.213:10308

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

The new update method, just like the new installation method, is a piece of you know what.

ED assumes too much about the connections people have.

We could leave the machine downloading the installers during the day and peacefully install them in minutes at the end of the day.

But no.

They consider better to make us wait hours until that piece of you know what downloads you know what while we could be looking for bugs in the new version.

I'm extremely disgusted with the way DCS is going.

Is anyone else out there feeling the same way?

Edited by NightMan

In the Map Version 2.7:

* Added Respawn Variation for the AI planes

Blue CAP will switch from F15 to F16

Red CAP from Su33 to F16 (agressor)

Blue Bombers, from tornado to a10c

* Added a new Weapon Launch Integrity Check

ED seems to have removed the file integrity check feature so everyone is loading AIM120C now :thumbup:

I am adding some integrity checks in my master script to make sure, for example, F15 don't drop GBU or Su27 don't fire AIM54C.

Illegal weapons are, for now, just logged on a server file but later they will be destroyed.

Still working / need help on:

* Shutting up the AWACS that became really really spammy in the 1.5

Current Server IP in case you don't see it:

137.175.200.213:10308

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Looks like server is offline. can't connect to IP

Yea the server, like the client actually, is a bit more unstable than it was in 1.2.

I have a bunch of new server crashes and freezes in the 1.5 and I am trying to work around them by removing bits that seem problematic.

But at this end of the day, this DCS version desperately needs fixes and there is so much I can do.

However, it is still in my plans to find or create a program to automatically handle the server

This program would basically launch the server, monitor it, kill and relaunch it if it freezes or just relaunch it if it crashes.

I am still evaluating if this is possible with DCS, I ll keep you posted

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Hey Mirknir,

I noticed that I don't have the "button description" pop up when I hover the mouse over a button in the cockpit on your server anymore.

Would be helpful if you could turn them on again. In the options it's something like "cockpit help" or so. Flying a russian plane without actually speaking russian is kinda hard. :music_whistling:

Also I really like the new german skins. They are great thanks. :D

Edited by Oberst Hummel

MiG-29G :thumbup:

:joystick:

UH-1H - FC3 - SU-25T - A-10C - Mi-8MTV2 - BS2 - CA - MiG-21bis - P-51D - M-2000C - F-5E

Played on this server a couple times as an A10c and took out some targets. Then I jumped into the F15c on red side. Went for a couple of Tornado's flying around. I noticed an A10c real close to me. I tried to lock him up but it would not let me. So I go behind him with guns and he started to freak out. Put a few bursts at him and he didn't even get damaged.

I guess I was in some sort of safe zone? Can someone even kill another player outside of the appropriate areas? It was difficult for me to understand as a first time player to that server.

Hey Mirknir,

I noticed that I don't have the "button description" pop up when I hover the mouse over a button in the cockpit on your server anymore.

Would be helpful if you could turn them on again. In the options it's something like "cockpit help" or so. Flying a russian plane without actually speaking russian is kinda hard. :music_whistling:

Also I really like the new german skins. They are great thanks. :D

I will check the mission options again but I don't think I actually disable anything else than labels.

I've noticed though that some options like radio subtitle or radio speech dont work on my client so it may not be a server problem. I ll check tho.

Thanks for reporting the problem

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Played on this server a couple times as an A10c and took out some targets. Then I jumped into the F15c on red side. Went for a couple of Tornado's flying around. I noticed an A10c real close to me. I tried to lock him up but it would not let me. So I go behind him with guns and he started to freak out. Put a few bursts at him and he didn't even get damaged.

I guess I was in some sort of safe zone? Can someone even kill another player outside of the appropriate areas? It was difficult for me to understand as a first time player to that server.

In 1.2, I had a safe zone system but this was been broken by the release of the 1.5 broken.beta.

This system would just explode a friendly-fired missile shot in the safe zone.

I am not sure what happened in your case but here is some infos:

* Only immortal planes are tankers and awacs

* In red zone, there are some blue AI A10C as well as, of course, red players

* You are allowed to kill players but not your teammates

* Server can't prevent you to lock anything so if you fail to lock, it may be something with your plane or with the game

I hope this will help :thumbup:

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

I appreciate the quick response. In the heat of the moment I might have missed something. If you can't shoot friendlies then perhaps they were a friendly aircraft. I just remember going guns on the grey a10c. Point blank and watching my rounds go right through him. I didn't see him on the map. Maybe I missed it. I enjoy the server a lot.

I appreciate the quick response. In the heat of the moment I might have missed something. If you can't shoot friendlies then perhaps they were a friendly aircraft. I just remember going guns on the grey a10c. Point blank and watching my rounds go right through him. I didn't see him on the map. Maybe I missed it. I enjoy the server a lot.

np. The server and DCS are far from bug free :)

Don't hesitate to give me a time & ingame name when you report issue, I record every session on tacview and have the all the logs.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

In the Map Version 2.8:

* Map will FORCE options to make sure some stuff are forbidden

(it should already be active but some options seems to have disappeared from the map)

Force NO immortal players

Force NO unlimited weapons

Force NO unlimited fuel

Force NO labels

* Change Time of Day changed from 4pm (16h) to 8am (8h)

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Just got done on the server. Took an f15c up on Red. Assisted in the shoot down of an A10a. Took out an AI tornado and then another player in a F15c. First air to air kills against real players in DCS.

Nice!

And thanks for the feedback and for flying Open Conflict Airlines, the only airline where crashing is expected

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread