Photos/Videos (NO DISCUSSION)

EvilBivol-1

Sorry, but this is a guy who bad-talks the F-15, one of the most highly-spoken air superiority fighters ever built. In my mind, he's comparing the F-35 to a past standard. He has a very specific perspective and seems unable to imagine how technology might change.

Only bad things he said about F-15 is that it was damn expensive project.

Sorry, but this is a guy who bad-talks the F-15, one of the most highly-spoken air superiority fighters ever built. In my mind, he's comparing the F-35 to a past standard. He has a very specific perspective and seems unable to imagine how technology might change.

He's wrong about some things and right about others.

The way i see it. In air to air:

the f35 Is clearly inferior to both the f22 and Pak fa project plane.

Max speed mach 1.6 is a joke.Can't turn nearly as good as the above 2 planes.

MIght have ultra modern technology on it.But so does the f22 .And the f22 is an infinitely better plane.

So what is it? a ground attack plane ?

But one with 2 internal weapons only.Because if you put any external weapons on it it's not nearly as stealthy .

So what can you destroy with 2 internal bombs or missiles ? 2 targets and then go to rearm.

So what is the advantage of the F35 ? price ? performance ?

With the f22 you have great performance at a high price. It's logical.It;s progress.

Withe the F 35 you just have a big price to pay.

It would have been more logical to build a stealth plane just for ground attack with a big internal weapons bay.A plane with incredible resiliance, with great sistems and pilot protection and structure toughness like the a10 for example.

And a plane just for air to air like the f22.

Edited by otto

At 3:42 in that deck operation video, what was the button he pushed for if that was even what he was doing.

My guess is they are arming the aircraft. Every one back away from the aircraft, a red shirt or weapons personnel is pressing the button. It was done on the catapult so no other aircraft, equipment or people in front in case of a inadvertently activated forward firing munition. Just my guess.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I think the flash is the laser designator pulse. The designator coding works by pulse interval modulation, ie. the laser code simply sets the interval between pulses. Designators use usually near IR bandwidth ie. the laser "light" can be seen with digital cameras that don't have too strong IR filters on them (try to watch TV remote IR LED through digital camera). There are some Apache gun cam footage where you can see the laser spot strobing in real time. In a slow-mo footage it would appear as intermittent flash only.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

Can anyone explain me how to post a you tube video?

Sure it´s been written many times, but sorry, can´t find the way.

Thanks in advance.

["YOUTUBE"] then the bit after the '=' in the url ["/YOUTUBE"] minus the inverted commas. E.g.

["YOUTUBE"] Ag3g2g2g ["/YOUTUBE"]

Or just copy and paste the code from someone else's post.

• Like 1

F-100 uses worlds shortest run-way. Not sure what this is supposed to be testing, maybe the center of gravity or flight characteristics maybe?

Look for the ZELL program. AKA Zero length launch.

Several aircraft where tested for this including the F-84, F-100 and F-104

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..