"Bad time to buy a PC?"

A buddy of mine put 20k in on a crypto and came out smiling but he was scared to death for the entire time it was in there and said he'd never do it again. The closest to gambling he's ever done with investments.

I get that there will be a time for it as you say David but for now I go with the cichlidfan approach. :)

I would still diversify your portfolio, I'm very happy to include a little crypto, I don't trust the banks at all, especially after 2008, as cichlidfan pointed out.

I lost my ass between 1998 and 2008 on various investments. I held a number of 'apparently' failing stocks that turned around. There were others that did not.

If you feel comfortable with the inherent risks in crypto, then I wish you well. I don't feel comfortable so I stay away.

They wrecked the markets and just get bailed out, no gets done for fraud? Most are still in power! I see crypto as hopefully a form of currency the banks cannot play with as much(Third party), this is one of the reasons crypto has grown, many countries have been destroyed by greedy bankers that had no dept, Iceland for one. Many people in these very countries turned to bitcoin, as there dollar is worthless. NO DIFFERENT to what can happen to a crypto currency, what is money? digits on the screen when you check your account on your phone, pieces of paper in your wallet that gets printed out.;)

Think of crypto as the next transition, way back:( I used to get paid cash in an envelope!:huh: now it just goes into my bank and I see my balance on my phone, before that people would even get paid in bananas (Trading).

Crypto is the new internet of money and is as free (at the moment) as the internet itself.

Couple of videos to watch if your interested.:D

Long video, but very interesting.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I would still diversify your portfolio, ...

Oh hell yes.

Regardless of whether you are investing a few thousand or a few hundred thousand, spread it out. I just did a quick scan of my 2017 tax documents and the numbers show that I am invested in nearly 5 dozen different equities, spread over 12 different industry sectors. That is also only half of the account since other funds are in fixed income investments.

The important thing is that any one of those companies could tank tomorrow and my losses would not be life altering.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

On my final days till next payday :) >270€ since I started last Xmas, 1 GPU.

Congrats :D

I would invest in crypto again but got accident, my pet threw liquid on part and it was no more. It was just one GPU which I acquired by friend to start mining.

You only make money if you sell high. I have been holding Activision/Blizzard for years but it is now worth seven times what I paid. It could drop by half and I would still have a significant profit.

Investing in any highly volatile stock is risky.

Yep, it is a risk but can give nice profit if success is made. Moreover people do various risky things in daily life, surely investing few dollars is safer than sex with person who we've just met - and people do that, risking nasty diseases later lol :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Congrats :D

Yep, it is a risk but can give nice profit if success is made. Moreover people do various risky things in daily life, surely investing few dollars is safer than sex with person who we've just met - and people do that, risking nasty diseases later lol :D

Not just about profit, perhaps it could actually change the old crap fraudulent system we have now. :huh:

OK we are going a little of topic now, well sort of:P

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

• 2 years later...
On 2/13/2018 at 4:52 PM, Drag80 said:

I too want to increase RAM from 16 to 32, but the prices have gone insanely high. And I have researched that DDR4 are not expected to do down anywhere in near future bcoz ddr4 and being used in cell phones and lots of other electronic equipement also. Hence there is a demand supply gap.

On the otherhand, Graphic cards are expensive due to mining. Etherium is still very much proftable. It was even profitable when it was at $300. Right now its hovering around 850. U can do the math.

Of course, there is no way this won't happen as mining is the talk of the town now. Nonetheless, do you know as profitable as Ethereum may seems to look, there is a more diverse, very fast and more effective cryptocurrency you can invest in. It's sure going to sweep many crypto away in some years to come.