Update July 18th -> WAGS

muehlema

9- Instrumented Carrier Landing System (ICLS) added. See image.

WAGS says that ICLS will be implemented. That is really nice to hear. Is there going to be any sort of compromise for the ILS on land?

IMC on land without the compromise of having teh Swiss or Finish Hornet ILS receiver implementation does not make sense

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

WAGS says that ICLS will be implemented. That is really nice to hear. Is there going to be any sort of compromise for the ILS on land?

IMC on land without the compromise of having teh Swiss or Finish Hornet ILS receiver implementation does not make sense

The ICLS for me would be a very welcomed update.

It will help me in lining up accurately on the carrier deck.

I really wish there is compromised form of it for airfield.

But to address your question, I do not think this will work on airfield based on Matt Wags saying it is for carrier, I am equally hoping there will be for airfield. We will see.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

No land based version as the lot 20 doesn't have it... As Far As I Know.

on ma mobile

We know that the Lot 20, Navy, did not have a ILS receiver. We know for sure that Switzerland and Finland have a combined ICLS/ILS capable receiver installed, modified by RUAG, for CH.

I know that IRL, Navy does not have it. But for the sake of having proper naval and land ops in DCS, we need a compromise here. As real as it gets, but with a few digits of code modified for the sake of being able to land in Batumi in IMC conditions.

Cheers

Martin

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

We know that the Lot 20, Navy, did not have a ILS receiver. We know for sure that Switzerland and Finland have a combined ICLS/ILS capable receiver installed, modified by RUAG, for CH.

I know that IRL, Navy does not have it. But for the sake of having proper naval and land ops in DCS, we need a compromise here. As real as it gets, but with a few digits of code modified for the sake of being able to land in Batumi in IMC conditions.

Cheers

Martin

+1

ILS is essential

You have ADF and you have TACAN... I don't see the problem if the real Lot 20 doesn't have it...

You know the difference between ILS and ADF and Tacan beacons right? You know ILS has glideslope indication while the two others one have Directional only (ADF) and the other has directional and range and Cross Track Error (Perpendicular Offset) (Tacan), and in no means a glideslope to help you land on bad weather or help in night landings? I don't know how a ADF would let you land safely a IFR on a IMC condition properly with really low visibility if it's what he's planning to use the ILS for. Thing is, in RL there is models/cariant for each situations, branch, contries, on DCS as he said, we have ONE flyable model, so it'll be nice to accomdate all situation as we are stucked to ONE Hornet to fly on land or sea. I think that's what he meant. Sometimes we need to think further than RL and some stuff doesn'T always apply to a Sim and we are limited, so i sorta understand him. I personaly think it would be a total waste of work, the time they passed on the Hornet not to allow land ILS to tunein the Hornet as it doesn't in RL, i'm sure some people would like to fly the Hornet in NTTR because maybe, it'S their favorite map, and would like to land there in situation they need ILS.

Edited by Doum76

You know the difference between ILS and ADF and Tacan beacons right? You know ILS has glideslope indication while the two others one have Directional only (ADF) and the other has directional and range and Cross Track Error (Perpendicular Offset) (Tacan)? I don't know how a ADF would let you land safely a IFR on a IMC condition properly with really low visibility if it's what he's planning to use the ILS for. Things is, in RL there is models for each situations, on DCS as he said, we have ONE flyable model, so it'll be nice to accomdate all situation as we are stucked to ONE Hornet to fly on land or sea. I think that'S what he meant.

Thanks for the lecture on airplane instruments.

FYI: I do land safely on IMC conditions out of NDB approaches (and other non-precision types) on a weekly basis.

You know you can execute instrument approaches with those navaids, right? And that USN/USMC fly TCN or PAR approaches when operating from land bases?

I know it all, but the point is, does eveyone likes doing it? We can sure go into RL versus Sim as i can ask you, do you now any one sitting in their aircraft as the payloads are being installed in 1 minutes with the engine running? ;) Or a totaly broken aircraft being repaired sitting in the cockpit in less than 3 minutes? If you liek realism, i am sure you never ever did used a rearm or repair while sitting in the cockpit?

Thanks for the lecture on airplane instruments.

FYI: I do land safely on IMC conditions out of NDB approaches (and other non-precision types) on a weekly basis.

To be honest i simply tried to understand his wishs, as i personaly only would use ICLS to practice Case III on a carrier, so if we have ILS or not i don't mind at all, i jsut tried to understand the OP hope for. Simply the fact that it could grab ILS signal wouldn't in now way affect my own personaly immersion on the Hornet as i would never use it, i simply rarely use land based airfield when in the Hornet.

I believe there are land based ICLS transmitters that can be setup. I think this would be the best option. Mission builders can add them, without messing about with the aircraft itself.

Or simply a checkbox in the ME's aircraft panel that let you use ICLS or ILS in the Radio tabs. As i said i personaly don,t care, my love for the Hornet is the sea operations, only time i do stuff from airfield is for take off only, but the heading back is always on a Carrier, i'm just waiting for it to try Case III.

Not too often i agree with someone who wants something not in the real thing to be implemented or optional on a module, but on this thing i sure do think there can be an alternative to suit everyone, as everyone who paid $60 for a module can benefits for it if they either like to land on a carrier or land based airfield. So i find a little rude to tell someone who paid his $60, well just do as real pilots does in RL with Tacan and implemented navaids when they love to use ILS. Or simply tell him, when just use the Mirage when you wanna land on bad weather :)

To be honest i simply tried to understand his wishs, as i personaly only would use ICLS to practice Case III on a carrier, so if we have ILS or not i don't mind at all, i jsut tried to understand the OP hope for. Simply the fact that it could grab ILS signal wouldn't in now way affect my own personaly immersion on the Hornet as i would never use it, i simply rarely use land based airfield when in the Hornet.

For me the Hornet is like my real counterpart a land based aircraft with some carrier functionality. I stick to what Swiss Air Force has and nothing else. A2A no A2G. Same as I would like to get my land based ILS and my land based single cable for using the hook on land.

I am happy to add in my modified Batumi Swiss Airbase a ICLS transmitter in ME, if ED does give me the option.

Our F18 is way ahead of a Lot 20, it has been modernized by several upgrade programs and the next is already in plans.

Even if unrealistic for a Lot 20 Navy Hornet, I ask a few upgrades for a Swiss Hornet ;)

Thats all.

I hope they fix the nvg so you can read the instruments.

This is not a bug i believe, but you can read on it as i found back then when new NVG came in 2.5 as i was looking how to adjust it and came across post stating the fact Aviator NVG'S are set to infinity, see see sharp stuff ont he distance, as in RL from what i read, when they wanna read insturments they see form the gap below the NVG, but yess in a Sim it'S hard to do. All major useful stuff in the Hornet can be tuned down for NVG, IFEI, HUD, DDI's, MPCD.

ED is replicating a Lot 20 USN Hornet. Not a swiss hornet, not a canadian hornet, not a spanish hornet, not a kuwaiti hornet. If the USN Lot 20 doesn't have ILS, you aren't going to get ILS.

They can't start adding random features from other countries planes because that will dilute the authenticity of the jet they are poring their hearts and souls into replicating as accurately as possible.

We all have features/weapons/etc that we wish we could get that we won't, ED have made it clear exactly what we are getting (and what we aren't... no BRU/55 or centerline LITENING :( ), time to move on an accept it for what it is: the most accurate simulation possible, embrace it, learn to love it for all it's strengths and weeknesses.

For me the Hornet is like my real counterpart a land based aircraft with some carrier functionality. I stick to what Swiss Air Force has and nothing else. A2A no A2G. Same as I would like to get my land based ILS and my land based single cable for using the hook on land.

I am happy to add in my modified Batumi Swiss Airbase a ICLS transmitter in ME, if ED does give me the option.

Our F18 is way ahead of a Lot 20, it has been modernized by several upgrade programs and the next is already in plans.

Even if unrealistic for a Lot 20 Navy Hornet, I ask a few upgrades for a Swiss Hornet ;)

Thats all.

I'm totaly on your side here, even though i fly mine with RCAF liveries but use it as Lot 20, but i understand you and for your realism. :)

ED is replicating a Lot 20 USN Hornet. Not a swiss hornet, not a canadian hornet, not a spanish hornet, not a kuwaiti hornet. If the USN Lot 20 doesn't have ILS, you aren't going to get ILS.

They can't start adding random features from other countries planes because that will dilute the authenticity of the jet they are poring their hearts and souls into replicating as accurately as possible.

We all have features/weapons/etc that we wish we could get that we won't, ED have made it clear exactly what we are getting (and what we aren't... no BRU/55 or centerline LITENING :( ), time to move on an accept it for what it is: the most accurate simulation possible, embrace it, learn to love it for all it's strengths and weeknesses.

Just don'T freaking enter ILS in the UFC with based land frequency, how much this realism would affect you?

Edited by Doum76

I'm totaly on your side here, even though i fly mine with RCAF liveries but use it as Lot 20, but i understand you and for your realism. :)

Thank you! :thumbup:

I would even pay 15 bucks, if I could a Swiss "Upgrade 25" for my F18 from ED ;)

I can’t believe the Marine Corps would have an all-weather fighter that can’t land in all weather unless they ensure thay all land bases the Hornet will fly from have PAR. In DCS, we don’t have that capability and are restricted to then 500ft ceiling of a TACAN approach.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

I can’t believe the Marine Corps would have an all-weather fighter that can’t land in all weather unless they ensure thay all land bases the Hornet will fly from have PAR. In DCS, we don’t have that capability and are restricted to then 500ft ceiling of a TACAN approach.

You obviously were not in the Corps then :thumbup: