Balkans and the Adriatic Sea

Duster

Hello,

it would be interesting, a scenario of the era of the war of the Balkans, with the Adriatic sea for the aircraft carriers and a part of Italy, Aviano / Ghedi for example .. the Alps, and NATO airports that participated. Just think of the Bihac base under the mountain with the mig21 inside!

ED and people what do you think?

Ciao

• Like 11

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU i7 7700K@4.5ghz * COOLER ARCTIC Freezer 13 CO * MB MSI Z270 Gaming M3 * RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4-2400 DDR4 2400MHz * GPU Zotac GTX 1070Ti mini * SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB for S.O. * SSD Samsung 860 EVO 500GB for DCS * HDD 1TB WD Blue x2 * PSU Corsair CX650M * SO Windows 10 pro 64bit * TrackIR 5 * Saiteck x52 Pro

+1

TU NE CEDE MALIS SED CONTRA AUDENTIOR ITO

Asrock Fatal1ty Gaming K6+, i5-6600K, 32 GB DDR4, Asus GTX 1070 Strix, SSD 500GB, HDD 1TB, Win 10 x64, Monitor LG Ultrawide 29UM67, Soundblaster Z+Sennheiser Game One, HOTAS Warthog, TFRP Thrustmaster, TrackIr

• 1 month later...

Some years ago...a dream, not a wishlist :music_whistling:

BALKANS_DLC2.png

Edited by Automan
renew image attachment
  • Like 8

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2785102&postcount=34

attachment.php?attachmentid=138774&stc=1&d=1460923690

I would take a little more north and west, so as to include Ghedi and the south of Germany, the operating theater was that ...but they will never consider us ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU i7 7700K@4.5ghz * COOLER ARCTIC Freezer 13 CO * MB MSI Z270 Gaming M3 * RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4-2400 DDR4 2400MHz * GPU Zotac GTX 1070Ti mini * SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB for S.O. * SSD Samsung 860 EVO 500GB for DCS * HDD 1TB WD Blue x2 * PSU Corsair CX650M * SO Windows 10 pro 64bit * TrackIR 5 * Saiteck x52 Pro

Ghedi AB must be included.

But is important to have a PA200 Tornado IDS as full complex module to operate in this map.

I think the Tornado must be the first choice in the list of the next DCS complex module.

Ghedi adds 90-100nm to the edge of that proposal on a 450nm square. Aviano has to be a hard stop in the top left corner of the map else it's just impossible for the engine.

The only way you can get the Balkans in, and include Kosovo in the SE, Belgrade in the NE and Aviano in the NW is to exclude any detail in Italy at all or get bogged down in doing a full country with 60m population that isn't going to be the center of the action.

Classically, this arena for conflict is just a perfect place and time for DCS, this is undoubtedly where you can fly most modules, in near history, use most assets out of the engine, have access to carriers and open ocean, multiple airfields, beautiful scenery, simulate a real full scale conflict with multiple belligerents for broad appeal with fairly modern inventories. It is in my opinion, providing more options to serious milsim mission designers than the PG map, which suffers from some more incredible options if you want to use anywhere other than the islands. I could get lost in designing content in this area for years.

• Like 2

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Ghedi adds 90-100nm to the edge of that proposal on a 450nm square. Aviano has to be a hard stop in the top left corner of the map else it's just impossible for the engine.

The only way you can get the Balkans in, and include Kosovo in the SE, Belgrade in the NE and Aviano in the NW is to exclude any detail in Italy at all or get bogged down in doing a full country with 60m population that isn't going to be the center of the action.

Classically, this arena for conflict is just a perfect place and time for DCS, this is undoubtedly where you can fly most modules, in near history, use most assets out of the engine, have access to carriers and open ocean, multiple airfields, beautiful scenery, simulate a real full scale conflict with multiple belligerents for broad appeal with fairly modern inventories. It is in my opinion, providing more options to serious milsim mission designers than the PG map, which suffers from some more incredible options if you want to use anywhere other than the islands. I could get lost in designing content in this area for years.

You are right, but is not important to create some details of Italy for a fututre Balkan Map for DCS but only to have the air base used in during the allied operation and Ghedi AB was used for the Deliberate Force operations.

If a DCS Balkan Map come true I think that close an era for the BMS Falcon 4

• 1 month later...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2785102&postcount=34

attachment.php?attachmentid=138774&stc=1&d=1460923690

and the military airports in the capital ROME?

from what I see on the map the military airport of amendola is not there.IS WRONG LOCATION

Grottaglie airport is not there.IS WRONG LOCATION

please don't make mistakes.

AMENDOLA ICAO CODE LIBA coordinates on google map is this 41°32′29″N 15°43′05″E

GROTTAGLIE ICAO CODE LIBG coordinates on google map is this 40°30′58.22″N 17°24′17.23″E

Edited by Xilon_x

It would be a very popular theater for sure, but the current engine cannot handle such a huge amount of 3D objects. Perhaps when ED will develop a new engine for DCS.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

and the military airports in the capital ROME?

from what I see on the map the military airport of amendola is not there.IS WRONG LOCATION

Grottaglie airport is not there.IS WRONG LOCATION

please don't make mistakes.

AMENDOLA ICAO CODE LIBA coordinates on google map is this 41°32′29″N 15°43′05″E

GROTTAGLIE ICAO CODE LIBG coordinates on google map is this 40°30′58.22″N 17°24′17.23″E

Not all airports are reported here and by the way Pratica di Mare or Ciampino had marginal role in Operation Allied Forces. Pisa were the detachment of the tankers Kc-10 and Kc-135 employed, Falconara home base for many UN cargo supplies.

Ghedi, Piacenza and Solenzara, involved too, would require to extend the map more and more...

About what you call “WRONG LOCATION”, I think you’re missing the point that this is a very low resolution map that is not reporting any Lat&Lon lines, so it’s absolutely a pointless correction...

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

It would be nice to connect maps!:)

+100

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

• 2 weeks later...
It would be nice to connect maps!:)

Yes, but if ED don't do it now for so adiacent maps like Normandy and The Channel maybe that sadly it's a real limit of the map technology:cry:

• 2 weeks later...