Where have all the mp servers gone?

rwbishUP

I opened the multiplayer server list yesterday and noticed that a lot of server groups are missing. Can't think of them all but groups like Hoggit, growling sidewinder, etc. , a lot of the heavier used ones.

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

I opened the multiplayer server list yesterday and noticed that a lot of server groups are missing. Can't think of them all but groups like Hoggit, growling sidewinder, etc. , a lot of the heavier used ones.

There was an update released to Open Beta yesterday. Did you update? If not that would explain the servers not being there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't have open beta, I run release. Is there a way I can update my shell to open beta or do i have to do a complete reinstall?

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Lately I'm having a problem when going multiplayer, my game can't find any servers and the list is just empty. If I reboot my PC and run DCS again, everything goes to normal and I get the servers listing OK... just for a while until after playin some hours, the list goes empty again.

I have the latest open beta with the viper in it.

There was an update released to Open Beta yesterday. Did you update? If not that would explain the servers not being there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanx Campbell for the help, I just finished switching to Open Beta.

Lately I'm having a problem when going multiplayer, my game can't find any servers and the list is just empty. If I reboot my PC and run DCS again, everything goes to normal and I get the servers listing OK... just for a while until after playin some hours, the list goes empty again.

I have the latest open beta with the viper in it.

That's weird, seems like it would be a connectivity problem with your network.

You can use the command line updater.

A guide including "- Switching Between Open Beta and Release Versions"

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Updating or Switching an Install Between "Open Beta" and "Release" Version Branches (1.2.8.):

In the Command Prompt Windows:

Type: dcs_updater.exe update <branch>:<version> (ie dcs_updater.exe update openbeta:1.2.7 )

Type: dcs_updater.exe update <branch>:<version.subversion> (ie dcs_updater.exe update openbeta:1.2.7.23803)

UPDATER VERSION 2.6.8.41 And Newer Use:

Type: dcs_updater.exe update <version>@Branch (ie DCS_updater.exe update 1.5.1@openbeta, DCS_updater.exe update 2.0.0@openalpha )

DCS_updater.exe update @release

DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta

DCS_updater.exe update @openalpha

Eligible Values are:

release | Switches and Updates to the Latest Release Build

openbeta | Switches and Updates to the Latest Open Beta Build

openalpha | Switches and Updates to the Latest Open Alpha Build

Small quirk. Folder name stays the same (it will not change to "DCS World OpenBeta").

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

You can use the command line updater.

A guide including "- Switching Between Open Beta and Release Versions"

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Small quirk. Folder name stays the same (it will not change to "DCS World OpenBeta").

Thanks 0303 :thumbup:, I actually downloaded the open beta download tool and just ran it, thinking I would have to do a complete redownload of open beta. But the installer saw my release version and asked if I just wanted to migrate everything over, so that saved me a lot of time and bandwidth!